Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
AND a hall!!!

Larr..it's a Michigan thing...
you wouldn't understand!

sure i do
they're making money off the protectant they charge 50% of the cleaning ticket on
they don't vac or use pre-spray either

same splash 'n dash biz model as Stanley Steemer

..L.T.A.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Its all about location. I had a customer who leased a 3,000 sq ft home here for $2500 a month and he was moving to SF. I had to ask whether he was going to live in the city and he said he was getting a 1 bedroom flat for $3,000 a month.:eekk: Its just a matter of perspective.

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
My sense of wonder was not about how much we can get for cleaning a flat, but about ChemDry quoting $800.00

ChemDry! $800.00 ?????!!!!!

I must be losing it.

Remember when you say "Chem-Dry" in this instance you are talking about ONE particular franchisee. In the SF area there is probably 10, 20 ? different franchisee owners. Just like this forum ask 20 guys and you'll probably get 20 different prices for what you do. Same with CD.

By the way, in 20 years of cleaning carpet, admittedly most as a CD owner, I can count on one hand the number of residential jobs I've charged over $500. ( I'm being generous here...right now I can't even think of one job where I've charged that much.) I'm not saying you are in the wrong at all. It's more that I am jealous!!! Even if it costs you $40 to park I hope your counting your blessings being able to quote and win jobs like that. Good job!!! :clap:

Last edited:
Reactions: ruff

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thanks Barry. We have an advantage here in the Bay Area where most people do not like franchises.

So, my post was more of the tongue in chick kind. However, I'm used to Chem Dry charging less than me, though it has been a long time since I did any comparison.
The truth is that if they do, that's great, as I'll gladly take any competitive advantage I can get.

C&S

Name
Scott
I do a fair amount of scrappy apartments, most are $125 or more for 2-3 rooms, more for pet issues.

A few customers I had to educate on why I'm better than the guy renting the rug D. from Wally. Drying time, Speed, certification, heat, chems, processes, etc. Once I had a landlord say no to my pricing even after I talked to him. I said no problem walked away from it all. He went 1 month then called me and had me clean what the $50 porty guy had messed up.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I knew of a cleaner who was offering 35.00 for one bedroom apartments with his truck mount. I don't remember what he got for the larger ones, but this was his "system"

Since he charged 100.00 extra for pet odor and 50.00 extra for red stains, he made sure that his invoice stated both were present on the bills he submitted...every one of them.

If he got a specific directive that the place in question didn't have either stains or odor and couldn't get around it, he'd spray them with water and report that the carpet didn't clean up and needed to be replaced.

He's no longer in business

Reactions: Desk Jockey

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I knew of a cleaner who was offering 35.00 for one bedroom apartments with his truck mount. I don't remember what he got for the larger ones, but this was his "system"

Since he charged 100.00 extra for pet odor and 50.00 extra for red stains, he made sure that his invoice stated both were present on the bills he submitted...every one of them.

If he got a specific directive that the place in question didn't have either stains or odor and couldn't get around it, he'd spray them with water and report that the carpet didn't clean up and needed to be replaced.

I charge 3 levels
Light
Moderate
Abused

Extra for colors, abused foot paths, paint (always paint from painters) stairs

It all boils down to this:
Are you actually saving the property money in their replacement budget?

I also set a cap per unit upon contract though, made corporate relax.

Sent from da bak seat of a Purple Caddy where the roadkill is real : )

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Carpet cleaners are such creative thinkers. :eekk:

:lol:

Reactions: GCCLee

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk

That's how I try to present it. I'm actually saving them money so once the see the value it really doesn't matter what u charge within reason.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
That's how I try to present it. I'm actually saving them money so once the see the value it really doesn't matter what u charge within reason.

Add to that being:

1. Dependable and on time.
  2. A problem solver that also get it right the first time.
So that they know that once they call you they can take it off their worry or "to do" list, and you'll substantially increase your chances on getting the job.

With some though it makes no difference, they just want the cheapest. And if your business model can accommodate that, you'll still do well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom