i need a new computer

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like Dell all of our desktops are Dell and a few of the laptops but one of our techy guys here swears HP is better.

He has three laptops that are HP, so I bought my wife one and so far it has been a nice machine.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Too many variables to give an opinion, budget, your use, etc etc

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Desktop or Laptop?

A lot of great choices out there.

I fell in love with the new lighted keyboards and number keypads available on some laptops.

I'm lovin' my lighted VAIO.

6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbobZTVKw_g6]

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I've owned a ton of computers over the years and personally I'd stay away from Dells and Macs.

HP's are okay but Sony vaios have been the best for me.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
go track down a local PC place and have them build ya one....

then if something goes wrong....hey look its local and easy enough to fix

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Got a dell vestro 2 months ago

graphics card went out last month and when it goes into power saver mode it freezes and I have to restart the computer which can only be done by unplugging it from the wall

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Computer Renaissance

compren.com

ask for Steve Childs who is the owner. Even though out state,he should be able to save you a pant load.
Tell what features you want or need and then he will match you with the right system.Him and his staff blow away the "geek squad" or should I say the rip-you-off squad.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've had Dell for the past 12 or so years. The one I have now and the one I had before.

I'm pretty happy with them.....I'm still using the first monitor for my dual monitor set up.

You can't beat the customer service either and I think that's a big part of what you're paying for.

Chris A

Name
Chris
We've had a Toshiba for the last 3 years and its been super-reliable

Bob Foster

floorguy said:
go track down a local PC place and have them build ya one....

then if something goes wrong....hey look its local and easy enough to fix

I agree

tmdry said:
I need a good lap top for a decent price (500 to 600). I had a dell with vista. Wow Vista was a pos software. The computer itself broke at the hinge and has numerous buttons missing. I took very good care of it to, but it did not last. I just want something that works.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Re: Re: i need a new computer

danielc said:
tmdry said:
I need a good lap top for a decent price (500 to 600). I had a dell with vista. Wow Vista was a pos software. The computer itself broke at the hinge and has numerous buttons missing. I took very good care of it to, but it did not last. I just want something that works.

Yep, my wife's dell also broke at the hinge and was missing numerous buttons before it crapped out.

Someone mentioned Toshiba I forgot about them. I'll put Toshiba right up there with Sony.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Re: Re: i need a new computer

joey895 said:
danielc said:
tmdry said:

Yep, my wife's dell also broke at the hinge and was missing numerous buttons before it crapped out.

Someone mentioned Toshiba I forgot about them. I'll put Toshiba right up there with Sony.

$599 I believe we paid for ours, no missing buttons or hinge issues after 3 years of business/personal use

Becker

Name
Becker
danielc said:
tmdry said:
HP, costco if they have one where you live.. They extend the warranty, super return policy, I have a HP laptop bought at costco, bought my gf one 2 years ago.
They have been great!
Oh, and the costco prices can not be beat/

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Our Dell Laptop has been used by me, Jen and Jessica. It's in great shape after a couple of years.

Yes, Vista sucked...Changed to 7 and we're good.

What are you guys using the thing for, a tire stop?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I like the Lenovo I got about a year ago. Previous laptop was a Toshiba, which lasted me about three years. Had a Fujitsu that was ok, but you could barely hear the speakers.

My wife and her girlfriend got Dells a couple years ago and have had software probs they just paid to have fixed. I think there're running Vista.

Todd Anthony

danielc said:
tmdry said:

I had a cheap dell laptop that broke at the hinges also. It was fried in less then 2 years. I bought a macbook pro and it is twice the price of the dell but 10 times the quality.

Agreed on the mac. Ten times faster, no crashes, updates, or problems.

For now my friend is loading Windows 7 and wiping the slate clean.

That will save me some money.

aurther11

Laptop or Desktop?
If u think about laptop then i suggest u sony vaio and
if desktop then dell or hp...........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom