I need a new truck.

I need a truck. It used to not be so bad, but carrying grout supplies to regrout, clean, and seal, plus I need to carry hardwood and carpet stuff. Just too much shit. Also I want to install a small propane booster.

I would like to have two 200' hose reels. I really liked Rob Allen's truck setup.

Jim Martin has the best box but that truck is really hard to find.

Most box trucks I see look funny to me. They sit too high, but I think that is what I'm going to need.

I have looked at the NV and not sure if there is enough room. I might could make it work and I really like they offer a 120k mile warranty.

My budget is 30k. I want to get the truck, have it wrapped, and install whatever shelves and stuff I need. I could go 35k so I'm really looking for a truck in the 20-25k dollar range.

If I got the NV, they wrap it and do design work for free and you can get customized shelving.

I would like to hear some input.

Right now I'm about to go nuts working out of my regular size van.

I want something that looks killer cuz I'm going to use it for marketing purposes.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Why do you haul all that crap with you? We schedule our work so we have what we need that day. Only takes a few mins to load the truck with materials for the day. Just wondering

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Daniel go to your local truck dealer and tell a salesman what you want. he'll find it for you.

gene

GeneMiller said:
Daniel go to your local truck dealer and tell a salesman what you want. he'll find it for you.

gene

Yea I can do that and probably get a good deal too.

Wait till you see my truck tomorrow. I cleaned it out today and organized all the chems etc. I had to make a decision to carry the new porty or RX. I already have the 175 and believe a scrub and rinse with my tm is sufficient for most jobs. If it's so bad I need the RX I'll have to just charge extra and go get it. I have a big color seal job tomorrow and got everything in all nice and neat. You'll have to see the pics.

Oh and my pump out stopped working. It was completely caked with grease. OMG that was the foulest smelling stuff EVER.

Able 1 said:
Why do you carry a portable?

Cuz it's bad ass, small, cleans great, fits in my truck perfect, does not require hoses unless you want to clean upholstery which you already have on the truck, works as a spotter, fills and dumps easy with no buckets needed

And because I had to pull 200 ft of hose last week to clean a unit, move my truck, repeat four times, and said fook that for what I was making. The carpet isn't even dirty.

I have to go up to the third floor tomorrow and it will be a piece of cake with this 45 pound machine.

I started with this little machine and it does a kick ass job. Trust me.

I'm going to shoot some video next nasty carpet I get to show you how good it cleans.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Able 1 said:

Cuz..he is a lil feller... LIKE!
"He thinks it makes him look taller.." :idea:

Same reason he runs his mIghTy Everest...on low... yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad..
His UncLe's ...told him to... I've seen Jimmy naked

images-1.jpg

Mike Draper

Daniel, I know some guys dont like how tall my truck is, but let me tell you, I have all my stuff on the truck and it rocks. The best part is I can stand up inside and walk around to get my items, I have a ramp, and I can do maintenance to my truck mount without screwing my back up. Its fully insulated and carries a ton of stuff, including a 200 gallon water tank. My truck was 20k with 48k miles on it. You should measure the floor plan out on the Nissan, they aren't really that big, just tall.

013-1.jpg

Able 1

Name
Keith
danielc said:
Able 1 said:

Cuz it's bad ass, small, cleans great, fits in my truck perfect, does not require hoses unless you want to clean upholstery which you already have on the truck, works as a spotter, fills and dumps easy with no buckets needed

And because I had to pull 200 ft of hose last week to clean a unit, move my truck, repeat four times, and said fook that for what I was making. The carpet isn't even dirty.

I have to go up to the third floor tomorrow and it will be a piece of cake with this 45 pound machine.

I started with this little machine and it does a kick ass job. Trust me.

I'm going to shoot some video next nasty carpet I get to show you how good it cleans.

Yeah, I run a highly efficient operation that will NEVER clean with a porty!!! If I can't reach it I'll refer it.. 200ft really isn't a long run, is it? You have an Everest, did you lose your helper?

Yea portables suck, but I used this machine for two years before buying a tm and never had any issues.

If you were called out to clean five units and each one required you set up 200 ft of hose then have to move your truck to different buildings and the carpet is not dirty at all, would you want to go through all that or take a 45 pound simple portable and touch up a few spots?

What if you were called to clean a high rise condo? You can refer it, or you can get a simple machine that does a great job and clean the carpet and upholstery. Forget lugging around a 175 pound machine. Oh you would need something good to scrub your prespray in on the dirty ones.

Trust me on this. I'll shoot some video of some nasty carpet and you will be impressed.

I haven't even owned a porty in five years so I'm happy about this.

Able 1

Name
Keith
danielc said:
Yea portables suck!

If you were called out to clean five units and each one required you set up 200 ft of hose then have to move your truck to different buildings and the carpet is not dirty at all, would you want to go through all that or take a 45 pound simple portable and touch up a few spots? I WOULDrather pull 200ft of vac. hose 5 times then run a porty! YOU WILL ACTUALLY SAVE TIME AND MONEY and do a better job!

What if you were called to clean a high rise condo? You can refer it, or you can get a simple machine that does a great job and clean the carpet and upholstery. Forget lugging around a 175 pound machine. Oh you would need something good to scrub your prespray in on the dirty ones. I'm busy enough that I would refer it out cause it's not worth my time I could be doing other things making more

Trust me on this. I'll shoot some video of some nasty carpet and you will be impressed.

I haven't even owned a porty in five years so I'm happy about this.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
At that price you can custom design a box for height, length, width and bumper height.

This one low enough to the ground it's easy in and out of.

DSCN4513.jpg

The fuel is going to suck but the savings comes from having your shop on wheels. You have everything you need at your finger tips. Plus the added marketing benefit of a rolling billboard.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
you can always get a truck like foster.......

the ugly bobblehead doll is optional.......... :lol:

resizer_classphp.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's what our is, a Spartan. Drives like a regular van but you have the box for more space. GVW is under DOT so that saves you having paperwork to deal with.

It's a nice truck, we love it. It's the first truck chosen for a water loss.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I am absolutely not a fan of isuzu cab over trucks I drove them for 3 years when I worked for another company we had a fleet of 6 of them, the diesel one was the best of the bunch the gas models were terrible, terrible interior fit and finish, well I could list it out lets just say everything was garbage from the engine to the rear end. I think the UD cab overs are likely far better. I also never liked knowing there was glass and a very very thin cab between me and death. the cab of those trucks is a beer can. I would get something with a van front end on it. or a chassis cab dually pickup with an extended frame and a box on it.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
steve g said:
I am absolutely not a fan of isuzu cab over trucks I drove them for 3 years when I worked for another company we had a fleet of 6 of them, the diesel one was the best of the bunch the gas models were terrible, terrible interior fit and finish, well I could list it out lets just say everything was garbage from the engine to the rear end. I think the UD cab overs are likely far better. I also never liked knowing there was glass and a very very thin cab between me and death. the cab of those trucks is a beer can. I would get something with a van front end on it. or a chassis cab dually pickup with an extended frame and a box on it.

my chevy W4500 which in all accounts is just like the isuzu..is absolutely no comparison to my old UD....

the 4500 drives like a Lexus.....smooth as can be...you can here your phone....play CD's and here all of the song...cruse control..all the bells and whistles you could want...all the power you need and then some to spare....great gas mileage...

the UD drove like a log wagon...you put a CD in and you only heard on word from every track.....and that was just backing out of the drive way....very rough ride...cant climb a hill no matter how hard you push it.....horrible gas mileage...

I would never own another UD...

now I will agree that sometimes you don't get that warm and fuzzy feeling driving around in a fish bowl...but really it is no more dangerous then a loaded down van....

Sorry for the shaky video. No RX on the truck today as there is no room unless I took the fan out. Yea I'm going to get something newer. I'm going to check the NV out before all other trucks. I like the incentives, warranty, and the look.

y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGgP0lYDM0gy]

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
op type machine...

would be cleaner then that porty...

just saying

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom