I need advice on soliciting churches and large commercial

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Hey all, I need some advice on getting largerscale commercial jobs. I get plenty of small office and restraunt with a few retail stores but nothing over 4k sq ft. I have a cimex machine in additon to my hwe portys and some 175's . I have put my cimex in to action in conjuction with my other systems and know that I have the potential to do quality work on a larger scale job. The problem I am running into is feeling akward about soliciting churches which have an abundance of comm. glue down even though I give churchs a discount , getting large scale cleaning , and doing all this on my own rather than getting raped as a sub contractor by some company taking all the money for a job they will never see. I am only 26 yrs old in my 3rd year and need the advice of some of you vets out there!

Farenheit251

I'm not liking your company name-Ok for residential where people are friends but when corporate people are looking over bid proposals it is kind of hard to recommend Juniors Carpet Cleaning.
As far as feeling awkward soliciting I think 95% of us do. Just do it anyways. My best acct worth $25-35k a year. I was actually so nervous on the sales call I was shaking which made me more nervous and had trouble talking. When I calmed down I apologized and just told them not good at sales,but I know I can do a great job for you. Maybe they felt sorry for me but they made me backup cleaner which opened the door for me to get all their work in 6 months.

Name
I'm Rick James
juniorc82 said:
Hey all, I need some advice on getting largerscale commercial jobs. I get plenty of small office and restraunt with a few retail stores but nothing over 4k sq ft. I have a cimex machine in additon to my hwe portys and some 175's . I have put my cimex in to action in conjuction with my other systems and know that I have the potential to do quality work on a larger scale job. The problem I am running into is feeling akward about soliciting churches which have an abundance of comm. glue down even though I give churchs a discount , getting large scale cleaning , and doing all this on my own rather than getting raped as a sub contractor by some company taking all the money for a job they will never see. I am only 26 yrs old in my 3rd year and need the advice of some of you vets out there!

The more sales meetings you do the more you will feel comfortable doing it, so JUST DO IT. How do you know they are not sitting in their offices wondering who to call to get their carpets cleaned? The world is yours, take it.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Offering to do a demo cleaning worked well for me to get several large jobs - banks, schools, a few manufacturing plants and a couple of colleges.

We would come at the end of business day or other convenient time and clean one of their worst areas for free. Usually a lobby or entrance area.

Lots of people can say how good they clean, fewer can prove it.

The other advice above is also good.

Scott Warrington

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
The problem you will have with churches is alot of people clean them for free. There is alot of work that comes from the people of the church and alot og companies target that.

The churches we contract clean get FREE carpet cleaning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom