I need advice on using a person to help in marketing

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have given a temporary or as needed position to a college age girl who I found in the accounting dept. from a local school. I want to have her do simple things like do door hangers and type up mailing lists in addition to some basic clerical work . I went with this type of help because I figured it was less risk than trusting a new tech out in the field while I stay behind the desk,plus with someone to help with the behind the scenes work I can stay out in the truck and have far more time to work. I want to use this girl to help me get sales and dont really know what the best plan of attack would be. I have figured door tags and mailers to businesses and maybe a few calls. What would you guys do with this sort of helper to get the most bang for your buck?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I don’t know that she would be taken seriously as a sales person because of her age. If she is well spoken she might do well at setting appointments with businesses for estimates over the phone. Give her a basic script to work off and make a few calls with her. It often takes more calls to get to speak with the decision maker then an owner op has time for. Work out some kind of financial incentive for each qualified appointment she sets.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Whats wrong with young people selling ?

Nothing if they have a high motavation level. I have not seen people in there early 20’s have much success with outside sales.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You need to let go Junior.
You know your business better than anyone and YOU should be selling it.
Believe it or not, another person can clean carpet just as good as you. Gasp!
If you want to grow, get off the truck...if you don't, don't.

With that said, sales depend on the individual no matter what age.

I think Hoody is like 17 and he does a good job. :wink:

Name
Nate W.
Brian R said:
You need to let go Junior.
You know your business better than anyone and YOU should be selling it.
Believe it or not, another person can clean carpet just as good as you. Gasp!
If you want to grow, get off the truck...if you don't, don't.

With that said, sales depend on the individual no matter what age.

I think Hoody is like 17 and he does a good job. :wink:

I must be like 12 since I can't grow any facial hair..... :cry:

I concur with B. Just with Mrs. Phiff, know what the concerns are, taking care of them, and it doesn't matter who does the cleaning, as long as the person cares to do a good job. Although having someone with people skills does help break the ice or be put at ease.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hire the smile not the experience...as far as cleaning the carpet goes. You can train the talent.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom