I need help fixing my Bluewave

Name
Scott
I have a Blueline Bluwave machine that is 15 months old and always been serviced like clockwork. It has always taken 20 minutes to heat up to 200 degrees and just recently will not hold any heat. I will heat it up to 200 degrees and when I start cleaning it drops to 150 degrees. We have replaced the relay, the pressure regulator and now the heat exchanger with no results. Has anyone come across this problem and have any answers? The machine runs inconsistent as well as the suction. This machine is about to put me out of business since I have already dropped over $1500 on it and have to constantly reschedule jobs so I need help fast.

scottpeterson83 said:
I have a Blueline Bluwave machine that is 15 months old and always been serviced like clockwork. It has always taken 20 minutes to heat up to 200 degrees and just recently will not hold any heat. I will heat it up to 200 degrees and when I start cleaning it drops to 150 degrees. We have replaced the relay, the pressure regulator and now the heat exchanger with no results. Has anyone come across this problem and have any answers? The machine runs inconsistent as well as the suction. This machine is about to put me out of business since I have already dropped over $1500 on it and have to constantly reschedule jobs so I need help fast.

Check to see if it is bypassing water to the waste tank. If it is replace the bypass valve. It also shouldn't take 20 minutes to reach 200. My Legend runs about 150-160 ish but will hit 230 pretty easy. It just will not maintain that. The Everest maintains 200 on low with ease.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Have you checked the thermostat in the engine..."May be stuck open."

Does this unit have an exhaust diverter...?

Name
Scott
Check to see if it is bypassing water to the waste tank. If it is replace the bypass valve. It also shouldn't take 20 minutes to reach 200. My Legend runs about 150-160 ish but will hit 230 pretty easy. It just will not maintain that. The Everest maintains 200 on low with ease.

My supplier said that it didnt't seem to be or he couldnt imagine that happening. They have been doing all the work and service on it. They have also been working with Blueline on this issue with no positive results. It has been descaled 4 times now as well. Thank you though.

Able 1

Name
Keith
danielc said:
scottpeterson83 said:

I agree with what was said about the whole bypassing water on Prochem tm's... I don't know if blueline is set up the same as far as bypassing to the waste tank?? If so just take the hose off the waste tank to see if it's pumping when your tm is running. I just had this problem last week. You might also want to look at the bypass from the waterbox. I would think they would have looked at these simple things before doing the rest though. :?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Scott,

How many hours on machine..?

I am sure your supplier knows what he is doing...

I am sure he has checked your temp sensors...But some times the "Thermostat"
for you engine can look fine...but not function properly..

The only reason I mention this part is the LONG warm-up time's & the drop of the temp
when operating... If the "stat" is sticking open...The engine cannot maintain proper
engine temps..!

If they installed a new HX....I think they would have certianly inspected the diverter...

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I had a thermal wave and I believe it divereted to the water box, not the waste tank

I had to put elecrtical connectin lube in all my connections at one time as well as in the spark plug wires boots to get it to run right after some damp/misty rain weather we had for a few days

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
It sounds like to me that your supplier is just throwing parts at it hoping it's going to take care of the problem.

I would have your supplier call blueline, something they should of done already. If nothing else call yourself and explain the situation and have Blueline call your supplier.

Call and talk to either Scott Harlib or Kevin Miller. They will be able to help you get to the bottom of your problem.

Name
Scott
HARPER said:
Scott,

How many hours on machine..?

I am sure your supplier knows what he is doing...

I am sure he has checked your temp sensors...But some times the "Thermostat"
for you engine can look fine...but not function properly..

The only reason I mention this part is the LONG warm-up time's & the drop of the temp
when operating... If the "stat" is sticking open...The engine cannot maintain proper
engine temps..!

If they installed a new HX....I think they would have certianly inspected the diverter...

They tested the thermostats by putting them in boiling water and testing the temp on them. They also put new ones in and that didn't fix the problem.

Name
Scott
MicahR said:
It sounds like to me that your supplier is just throwing parts at it hoping it's going to take care of the problem.

I would have your supplier call blueline, something they should of done already. If nothing else call yourself and explain the situation and have Blueline call your supplier.

Call and talk to either Scott Harlib or Kevin Miller. They will be able to help you get to the bottom of your problem.

They have called as well as I and talked to Scott and Kevin. They recommended the heat exchanger replacement as well as the other services we have done to it. Don't get me wrong, they are all trying to get me back up and going. I was hoping this had happened to someone else and they knew how to fix it because now everyone is out of ideas and I am back to cleaning with now heat. You all know how that goes.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
I'm glad everyone seems to be on top of it. It can be very frustrating for both the supplier and of course you to deal with.

I hope you can get an answer soon.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

doesn't that just piss you off...............and I bet they are charging for the parts and labor....

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
The rpm's are set to where they need to be, nor is there a diverter on it nor is it dumping water. We are at a loss as to where to go and so is Blueline. They might be sending someone out here to help us with this issue very soon. I do thank you for your patience Scott I know this is hard on your business but hopefully this will be done soon.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Yes Jim we did charge for the parts but after I found out it wasn't the problem I made sure the payment will be refunded as soon is it can be. At that point we were going on BL's recommendation on where to go.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
packfancjh said:
Yes Jim we did charge for the parts but after I found out it wasn't the problem I made sure the payment will be refunded as soon is it can be. At that point we were going on BL's recommendation on where to go.

wow...our local Interlink could learn a lot from you .....good work.....

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

You guys are class acts. That will keep you with a loyal customer base for years.

scottpeterson83 said:

My supplier said that it didnt't seem to be or he couldnt imagine that happening. They have been doing all the work and service on it. They have also been working with Blueline on this issue with no positive results. It has been descaled 4 times now as well. Thank you though.

Scott, there is only one reason your machine will not maintain hot temps. It has to be bypassing water. There are several places it can bypass. It is very easy to check for. Crank you machine up and make sure the temp bypass valve and flow simulator if you have one are closed or set to hot. Take the lid off your tank and look at the lines going to the tank from the machine. If water is even slowly coming out of these lines, then you have a bypass problem. I had to replace my bypass valve on my legend two times. They do wear out.

Also most machines have another valve in the freshwater box that opens when the water gets to a certain temp usually 140 up to 180. If your temp sensor is bad or stuck open it will bypass water to the tank. If you see water coming from one of the lines, follow the line back to its source. A line should come off the freshwater box itself and another one should come off the temp sensor on the water box.

If you replaced your hx which you probably did not need to do in the first place and the machine is not heating I guarantee you it is a simple bypass issue. If the water does not recirculate it will not heat up. Run your machine under half load for about 15 minutes with the temp selector all the way to hot. Shut the machine down and then feel the water in the freshwater box. IT should be steamin hot or around 140 degrees. If the water is just warm then it is bypassing and not heating up.

One more thing. Which machine do you actually have? Some of the smaller hx units with 18 hp engines will not maintain 200. If you want blazing hot temps with a smaller unit then you will need to add a post heat option or propane heater.

Able 1

Name
Keith
packfancjh said:
The rpm's are set to where they need to be, nor is there a diverter on it nor is it dumping water. We are at a loss as to where to go and so is Blueline. They might be sending someone out here to help us with this issue very soon. I do thank you for your patience Scott I know this is hard on your business but hopefully this will be done soon.

Does the water in the water box need vac. to dump? I think that one just opens and the vac. sucks it into the tank... It's really an odd problem if it's not dumping, the tm is running at the right rpms, new HX... Where the hell is the heat going?

I once paid 400.00 for a diode since they through everything at mine.... :shock: Good move Chris!

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
I saw no water dumping in the waste tank, the thermostats all work properly, we've replaced the heat exchanger, the press regulator, checked rpm's, put fresh antifreeze in, etc. We've looked at the entire heating system and see nothing that isn't working properly. The final bill will be for what was defective and the labor to fix it everything else will be removed and dealt with properly. We truly are at a loss on what could be causing this problem as is BL. We have everyone at BL involved in this so we'll see what happens from here.

scottpeterson83 said:

I am interested in what you find out. My Legend heats up to 200-220 but only maintains 140-160 in colder weather. In the summer it maintains 200. There may be nothing wrong with the machine. How hot should a Legend XL run under normal cleaning conditions with a 6 flow wand?

Able 1 said:
Looks like it should be more then able to hold 200... I really think there would be no comparison to a Legend... Closer to your Everest or probably the same as an Apex..

http://www.bluelineequip.com/bluewave.asp

I don't know what to believe now. Another very respectable cleaner here has two Legend XL's and puts around 4 thousand hours a year on it. He said his machine runs hotter than fire or 220-230. He told me to descale my truckmount, but Memphis does not have a problem with hard water. I think the machine should be able to maintain 200 degrees. It starts out hot, but the temp gradually falls off to 150-160. I am going to call Prochem and discuss this issue with them. I am having no luck with my supplier. The bypass valve and temp valve are in good order. The heat exchangers were just cleaned out recently and they were dirty by the way. When I had the hx cleaned out one of the gaskets or round rubber things got lost by my supplier. They said it should make much of a difference anyways. Hmm.

T

The Magician

Have you cleaned the screens and orrifed on the front of the machine? The 2 brass fittings on the front of the machine

Name
Lee Stockwell
I'd use an IR thermometer to confirm exhaust temperature before and after the HX. The heat has to be going somewhere.

Temporarily blocking water bypasses is also an easy diagnostic tool.

Thanks,
Lee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom