I need help with a stain

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
So yeterday we were cleaning an office building about 12000 sqft and we were just about finishing up as i started my walkthru/post inspetion and i noticed dark stains in one of the hallways. At first i thought one of my helpers had burned the carpet on the post pad and just about freaked out. ( one of my biggest and best paying customers). As i got down to inspect closer it was wiered. The stains were dark almost black but the carpet was not damaged or burned in any way. So i called a friend and asked what he would do and i reapplied prespray and hit it with the 175 and extracted. it lightend the area but did not remove there was also a bit off transfer on to the pad. I went to wipe the baseboard with a towel in same area and on the towels there was toner all over it. keep in mind we did a thorough vacuuming and there was no evidence of the toner prior to hwe it seemed to wick up in one specific area.

how do i get all the toner off of the carpet without damaging or distorting the pile?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i will see if there is a supplier in my area that carries that cti line as i really want to get the stains out even though the account manager was there on my second attemp and saw it wouldnt budge. i defenitley dont want them looking for someone that can remove the spots.

one more question, does toner usally wick?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
jay i used a whole bottle of that liquid naptha one of the guys sent me and it only lightend it a little.

another question:

before i hit it again should i vacuum the crap out of it again and hope it has turned back into a powder or will that be ejust a waste of time?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
FCC told you what to do Micheal. He wasn't making it up just do what he said and be done with it. Everyoe should have pro solv and power gel on hand. Even Mikey keeps Stocked up on Pro Solv

Willy P

Name
Willy P
HOST it.

Get it wet and gently brush in some Host sponges. Everyone should have a bag of Host on the truck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom