I need some advice please

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I need to do some advertising here very soon and I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the options. I land commercial work okay because I'm a good salesman and have no problems walking right in and whoring myself out. My problems lie within the residential sector. I'm already doing some SEO and revamping my site along with social media stuff. I need to do some extra advertising but I need to keep it around $600 due to all the other shyte I have to buy. Any suggestions? Thanks everyone!!!

Btw I'm not saying I have commercial figured out, I just seem to have a knack for it.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I search some common terms and I couldn't find your company. You aught to atleast do some Adwords to get some visibility while you work to gain ranking. You can set the budget low as 8 bucks a day and still get a lot of views. Work on getting Google and other online reviews as a start. Also, work your client referral program and do five arounds.

Last edited:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
That's why I'm revamping, the person who did it the first go round didn't do so hot.

That is why you should do Adwords until or even to supplement when you get to the top. The more listing on page one the better. For some terms I'm on page one five times.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Dan, not to be a marty, but your site really sucks.

Not woman friendly at all. No testimonials form notable clients, way too empty looking on my 22" monitor, nothing about you or your techs, no blog, nothing that really imply you know what you are doing other than a few random statements of you saying that you do, no mention of reviews from other sites or awards or achievements, no list of local business you clean for, no personality....
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]

Hire a real website designer.
[/FONT]

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Dan, not to be a marty, but your site really sucks.

Not woman friendly at all. No testimonials form notable clients, way too empty looking on my 22" monitor, nothing about you or your techs, no blog, nothing that really imply you know what you are doing other than a few random statements of you saying that you do, no mention of reviews from other sites or awards or achievements, no list of local business you clean for, no personality....

You sure are harsh. He said he was working on it. (Yea it sucks)

Mikey P

Administrator
Dave yous is about as bad, more info but a misaligned cluster**** none the less.

Any business owner looking for commercial work seeing you display that bought and paid for best of Lincoln award would laugh their asses off before finding someone else..

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I know it really sucks. It was free. Lol I'm actually having it started on tomorrow. I'm using go daddy (fingers crossed) I'm going to add a blog (not sure on what). I don't have any awards yet but testimonials I can handle. I'm looking for a logo too. I really need my hand held on this one lol. Naaaaah no offense taken guys, it's bad and I know it. I'm really trying to succeed here. I really love what I do and I've been to the top once before (different field) and I want it back dang it. Keep it coming.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
you can turn those 50 customers into at least 10 more if you did a great job..then those 10 into 10 more easly fairly cheap..

i would put everything into your web site personally and get a crap load of door knockers and start hanging..thats how i started my business
7 years and 5000 customers ago..hang THOUSANDS of them and hand out cards to EVERYONE..

Reactions: Soxpac

Mikey P

Administrator
yeah, pics are in desperate need for refreshing..

The Boys need to be featured as more than half of new customers wont be seeing me..

its amazing how fast something I blog about (Wood Floor cleaning for instance) will show up in search engines.

Mikey P

Administrator
we used them for hosting MB the first year, crashed all the time.

No idea about web design.

Cant you find a nice local homely girl to do it?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
yeah, pics are in desperate need for refreshing..

The Boys need to be featured as more than half of new customers wont be seeing me..

its amazing how fast something I blog about (Wood Floor cleaning for instance) will show up in search engines.

I think it's good to see our webpages with fresh eyes. I'm always waiting for a slow time to clean mine up a little. Basically the testimonials do all the work. (Plus that award JK) (You shouldn't be dogging my award. Yours is from an art and entertainment mag that they have to give away for free.) I should try a blog.I've been playing with adwords and facebook to improve visibility. Often the adwords lines up right across from my Places listing.

Last edited:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
I really hate to agree with Mikey but yes- hire someone. There are thousands of website designers out there that can put up a snappy, sharp AND grammatically correct site inexpensively while you do what you do best which is either a) cleaning carpets or b) getting face-to-face with people selling your carpet cleaning services.

Steve

PS Here is a pretty good website Check List for carpet cleaners. And the new buzz word is to have a "responsive web site" that configures itself automatically to whatever device your client is using.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
whats go daddy charging?

i am in the process of getting mine totally rebuilt and adding a blog page and adding all new pics..

1600.00 for up to 9 pages of content and 750 for the blog page set up and 750.00 to make it Mobil device friendly then 20.00 a month to host
the guy is super talented and does a ton of work i have seen..

he can easily take care of you no matter where you are located..let me know how godaddy compares in pricing..if you want i will give you his number
company is design extensions from jay owen.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I need to do some advertising here very soon and I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the options. I land commercial work okay because I'm a good salesman and have no problems walking right in and whoring myself out. My problems lie within the residential sector. I'm already doing some SEO and revamping my site along with social media stuff. I need to do some extra advertising but I need to keep it around $600 due to all the other shyte I have to buy. Any suggestions? Thanks everyone!!!

Btw I'm not saying I have commercial figured out, I just seem to have a knack for it.

The problem is you really do not have the budget for advertising, so you need to use targeted campaign. Without knowing what your area is like, price points, population size, etc,etc its impossible.
What ican tell you is continue to pound on commercial side for now and for residential start getting to work on how you can narrow down either a geographic area or specific group of people you can influence.

Nobody can tell you the prefect advertising campaign to run, no super secret answer out there.

You first have to decide who you are and take say 100k households in your market and narrow that number down into a small group of say 5k or 10k whatever, so that small group of people feel like you are everywhere when in fact you are just everywhere to that small group of people. If you do your part and come up with an affordable target then people here can come up with all kinds of ideas to help.

Make sense?

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
The problem is you really do not have the budget for advertising, so you need to use targeted campaign. Without knowing what your area is like, price points, population size, etc,etc its impossible.
What ican tell you is continue to pound on commercial side for now and for residential start getting to work on how you can narrow down either a geographic area or specific group of people you can influence.

Nobody can tell you the prefect advertising campaign to run, no super secret answer out there.

You first have to decide who you are and take say 100k households in your market and narrow that number down into a small group of say 5k or 10k whatever, so that small group of people feel like you are everywhere when in fact you are just everywhere to that small group of people. If you do your part and come up with an affordable target then people here can come up with all kinds of ideas to help.

Make sense?

Yeah it does. Today I'm paying for SEO and revamping my website professionally. I know my budget is low being new but I have to play my cards. I like what you said about appearing to be everywhere to a certain demographic (makes a ton of sense). With that being said, I do have a few communites that I would love to target so would door hangers be ok or has Bob's lawn care killed it for the rest of us? Thanks Shane.

Back
Top Bottom