I need some advice?

CleanEvo

I've got a private school comming up that has commercial glue down carpet everywhere, they prefer carpet over vct (gotta love that!).

Last year I Cimexed it and it turned out very well, however they have insisted on truck mount HWE this year. Now I wish I wouldn't have sold the RX-20 that I never used to use!

I really don't want to clean this whole place with my Prochem Quad Jet wand. I need to start this job next week and I'll be there for well over a week at least if I wand the whole thing. Can I get some advice on the following options available to me?

1/ I can pick up a used RX-20 locally for about $2,500, it's in very good shape, new ones up here in Canada go for around $4,500 - $5,000. I know it's not going to speed things up, but my back will be much happier.

2/ I can get a Prochem Titanium wand locally, which I think will be a lot easier on my back than the Quad Jet, not sure if I can get a glide on time. The local dealer seems to think that the Titanium will not work well with my Legend XL?

Any thoughts?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I just finished wanding 50,000 sf of glue down carpet in a school last week. I used my titanium wand and a hole glide. My back was fine. If I had to swing an RX-20 the whole time, I don't think I could have done it.

Greenie

Aris,

When you say you can "get" a Titanium locally, you mean BUY or BORROW?

Personally I'd hire a buddy to split the Job AND borrow a wider glided wand.

Your Legend can run the TI wand just fine....Ignorant Dealers piss me off, the Ti wand puts out the SAME water flow as you QUAD jet does, 6-01s or 4-015s still adds up to 06 flow.

But if you split, you'll be fine with what you have now without dropping a dime, and it souonds like the Labor Reduction is more important to you on short notice than giving some work to a fellow who could use it.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
How about getting one of those whitemagic 24 inch new styled drag wand?

Might be able to pick up a used one somewhere.

Greenie

Thank you James, I have one in my shop with a GLIDE....I always thought it would be a money maker, 9 jets I believe.
Seriously, if the floors are fairly level, this could be the perfect account for a tool like this to pay for it's self 4X over, 600psi, and walk back in 25' strips....a full 2 feet wide per pass, with the glide you don't need a dry pass.

I'd accept a fair offer since the things were like $2500 new :shock:

Bob Foster

I have an the old style lower RPM non glided RX20 in excellent shape. Come and get it and you can borrow it for free. Or I can arrange to freight it to you from Sidney.

TimP

I don't care what you guys say an RX is faster than a wand. I don't swing mine I walk it side to side, 50% over lap and no dry passes. I can do at least 25% more cleaning vs a wand in CGD applications. Dry times aren't a concern for this application, the carpet will dry over night for sure with no dry passes probably in around 8 hours.

That's my opinion.

CleanEvo

admiralclean said:
I just finished wanding 50,000 sf of glue down carpet in a school last week. I used my titanium wand and a hole glide. My back was fine. If I had to swing an RX-20 the whole time, I don't think I could have done it.

How long did it take you? I won't be able to dual wand, but I do have a helper for vacuuming, pre-spraying and hose pulling.

CleanEvo

Greenie said:
Aris,

When you say you can "get" a Titanium locally, you mean BUY or BORROW?

Personally I'd hire a buddy to split the Job AND borrow a wider glided wand.

Your Legend can run the TI wand just fine....Ignorant Dealers piss me off, the Ti wand puts out the SAME water flow as you QUAD jet does, 6-01s or 4-015s still adds up to 06 flow.

But if you split, you'll be fine with what you have now without dropping a dime, and it souonds like the Labor Reduction is more important to you on short notice than giving some work to a fellow who could use it.

I mean buy one here at the local dealer and order a holed Greenglide for it.. I've always wanted one and this may be a good excuse to get one.

The local dealer is a good guy, he just does everything according to what Prochem tells him, he's a liscensed mechanic so he takes real good care of my machine, which for me is the main thing as I'm adverse to anything "mechanical".

CleanEvo

Greenie said:
Thank you James, I have one in my shop with a GLIDE....I always thought it would be a money maker, 9 jets I believe.
Seriously, if the floors are fairly level, this could be the perfect account for a tool like this to pay for it's self 4X over, 600psi, and walk back in 25' strips....a full 2 feet wide per pass, with the glide you don't need a dry pass.

I'd accept a fair offer since the things were like $2500 new :shock:

I don't HWE enough commercial to make it worth while.

CleanEvo

Bob Foster said:
I have an the old style lower RPM non glided RX20 in excellent shape. Come and get it and you can borrow it for free. Or I can arrange to freight it to you from Sidney.

Bob... that's a heck of an offer! I've actually been wanting to head over to Victoria, but I won't be able to do it before this job.

I used to live in Brentwood Bay (Marchant Drive)when I was a kid... love the place! Freshest air in Canada.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've got a high speed CMX 20 here as well Aris.
I don't use it and its for sale. Been asking 2k for it. Wouldn't take much to get it over to you, an excuse to go to the mainland for the day. Lots of choices for you.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
This is your perfect chance to buy a Ti wand and a GG for it. You will use it every day and it will last forever. Definitely don't do this job with an unglided wand if you're working alone as you risk some repetivive motion injury. And don't join the ranks of those of us who bought an RX20 only to put the damn thing away forever. The Ti wand and a 175 when needed is your best bet.

hogjowl

Idiot™
CleanEvolve said:
admiralclean said:

How long did it take you? I won't be able to dual wand, but I do have a helper for vacuuming, pre-spraying and hose pulling.

It took me almost three weeks, but you have to remember that I was alone most of the time. I only dual wanded two days of that time, AND I was having to leave to work in other jobs, as well.

TimP

admiralclean said:
CleanEvolve said:
admiralclean said:

It took me almost three weeks, but you have to remember that I was alone most of the time. I only dual wanded two days of that time, AND I was having to leave to work in other jobs, as well.

I've been dual wanding my schools with 2 machines. I've been getting around 9k sq ft done a day in about 7 to 8 hours. I've actually been waiting on the schools to catch up with moving their crap cause they got the price so low I wont do it for free. So far I've got 3 full days in it and did 2 rooms by myself one day and today I'm running 1 machine and a helper to finish out the school since the rooms are scattered around and so few that it wouldn't make sense to setup 2 runs. I've got 3 full rooms and 4 half rooms in portable buildings.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
We are cleaning a huge school that I do every 6 months.
we wand it every time with glides of course.
I have used the RX20 before and I wouldn't use it if I had one on this job...or any other for that matter. POS IMO.

Just get the wand with a glide from Greenie, suck it up you cry baby and do the job. :mrgreen:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
DK has glides Aris. Talk to Delaney. They aren't Greenglides, but they will do in a pinch. If you want, I have a spare glided AW29 that you're more than welcome to use.

Must be private school clean up time- I've got 3500 sf of vct and about 4000 of carpet to do at a Bowen island private school next week.

If you come over Ron, give me a ring and I'll introduce you to POG -HACK 101 :wink:

TimP

Mikey P said:
How much a sq ft do you get for the volume and what are your projected production rates if all goes well?

I charge less than half of what my regular residential rate is. But after paying for my help and paying for gas running 2 machines I make about $120 an hour which just doesn't count wear and tear insurance, chemicals and all that crap or my pay. If I did it for what I got last year I'd make a lot more than that probably 180 an hour after help and fuel.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I must be doing something wrong. We cleaned 35,000 sq. of glue down in one day. 2 trucks, one running dual, both with pump-outs. We started at 7am and rolled up the hose at 4 pm. We had 8 blowers running and left the carpet almost completely dry. The hired me because I was the only company in town that would guarantee it in one day ready for the next.

Gene

TimP

GeneMiller said:
I must be doing something wrong. We cleaned 35,000 sq. of glue down in one day. 2 trucks, one running dual, both with pump-outs. We started at 7am and rolled up the hose at 4 pm. We had 8 blowers running and left the carpet almost completely dry. The hired me because I was the only company in town that would guarantee it in one day ready for the next.

Gene

What do you think you might be doing wrong? Although your production per wand is pretty darn high if you ask me.

Of course my production time involves doing many rooms and having to move the TM probably 2-3 times a day. Also vacuum and prespray and also I do mechanical aggitation for my schools in all areas.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I am old and slow.

The last day of work at the school, I had my son come and help me dual wand so I could FINALLY get through. He's 19 years old and does everything fast. I cautioned him to slow down and to check his glides on occasion for obstructions. Of course, he ignored me. I checked his wand at the end and it was clogged up with crap. The next day I went back to check on things and one of the rooms he did was soured and had to be re-cleaned.

You young guys just move too darn fast to do good work.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Greenie is that a White magic 24 inch new styled drag wand?

Back
Top Bottom