I need some advice?

Grape 007

Maybe the customer doesnt fully understand the cleaner TOOL systems & options.. If the Cimex worked well i guess you may have to demonstrate the 2 choices in front of them.. Have them weigh the scenarios.

I could be that one will do better.

CleanEvo

Thanks guys for all the good suggestions.

Special thanks to the guys close to me offering to let me use their tools, all I can say is you guys have a lot of class to help a brother out like that.

I bought the Titanium today and will be ordering a glide for it. I've wanted to get one for a while and this was a good reason to get one. My distributor knocked about $300 off the price and threw in some Prochem chems so i couldn't pass up on it.

It's funny, as much as I like the Cimex and I do think it does a great job, I have been getting more people insisting on HWE when I offer them both options. I charge a little less for the encapping but they are willing to pay more for the HWE.

Greenie

Walrus said:
Greenie is that a White magic 24 inch new styled drag wand?

Yes.
I bought it last year just to make the glide for it, hence it comes with a glide, a $229 glide.

Make an offer before i put it in the Garage sale.

TimP

admiralclean said:
I am old and slow.

The last day of work at the school, I had my son come and help me dual wand so I could FINALLY get through. He's 19 years old and does everything fast. I cautioned him to slow down and to check his glides on occasion for obstructions. Of course, he ignored me. I checked his wand at the end and it was clogged up with crap. The next day I went back to check on things and one of the rooms he did was soured and had to be re-cleaned.

You young guys just move too darn fast to do good work.

His glide wouldn't be clogged if you vacuumed first. I never check my glide, and I know when it's clogged w/o having to look. Even I vacuum the schools I do if it needs it. Some will vacuum the rooms for us. When dual wanding I run a 3 man crew, one to vac and scrub with the cimex and gravity feed the rooms to prep them.

hogjowl

Idiot™
My wife and I always remark how well funded Florida schools appear to be. Ours are falling apart and they hire idiots for janitors. Our schools haven't seen a vacuum cleaner in years and they won't pay to have me vacuum. Since I am in this business to make a profit, not as a ministry, I can't afford to prevacuum.

Greenie

You hear much about it, but I'm pretty sure if I was sweating out HUGE jobs, I'd have bought one of the battery powered WIDE area vacs years ago.

So what gives, what am I missing here?

Even in the sucky were just so so...I'd still have one...or two, those things can knock out a huge amount of footage per min.

harryhides

Name
Tony
admiralclean said:
My wife and I always remark how well funded Florida schools appear to be. Ours are falling apart and they hire idiots for janitors. Our schools haven't seen a vacuum cleaner in years and they won't pay to have me vacuum. Since I am in this business to make a profit, not as a ministry, I can't afford to prevacuum.

So you really are married, always thought you were a minister to the janitors....hmmm.

TimP

admiralclean said:

So you're telling me you can't find someone who wants a part time job/temp job for 8-10 bucks an hour to vacuum and take care of preping your floors, prespray etc. Costs what? 80-100 a day. The way I see it I make that in an hour. I'm damn sure willing to pay a guy a whole day to keep things going smoothly for 1 hour of my time.

I bet I'm doing my schools for less per sq foot. And I'm making $120 an hour after paying 2 other guys. Or is 120 an hour not enough to make it? I'm very happy with 1,000 in my pocket a day while working after paying help and gas, it sure beats sitting on my ass. I just don't get this idea that you can't afford help when doing work cheaper. The thing you have to do is hire cheap (compared to what you need hourly for your lifestyle) help and make them make money for you.

BTW most schools here aren't funded well at all.

hogjowl

Idiot™
You may be right. I have been thinking of late that I may actually do better if I hired a helper. I'm 52 now and sure don't work up to the speed I used to. I sometimes think I would be faster with two people.

Trouble is, I'm always thinking about that when it's balls to the wall like it is right now. As soon as I hired the poor smuck it would slow down and I'd have to fire him.

(Dave Yocum ... give it a rest please.)

Back
Top Bottom