I need some advice

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
A customers pet had an accident on her Earth weave carpet. The bozo carpet manufacturing repeates mistakes made in the 70's and are using Jute as the backing. I warned the customer of the challenges this Poses.
I cleaned the spots and it looked good but the spots came back. I was trying to not get the Just wet, which the customer may have done with her DIY attempt.
Should I Wet it more and extract more when I reclean it.
walk away and refund money
or use encap and op machine?
I use Sauger encap cose red.

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
It's probably just some left over residue from the customer's attempt with their magical product under the sink. I would go back and do just an acid rinse over the spot with about 300psi pull back rinse only and leave a fan behind. I've cleaned several homes with the old jute carpet backing and was successful.

And I'm assuming the carpet you're cleaning is wool wall to wall also? If that's the case, then it's harder to rinse out the customer's dried cleaning solution since the fibers are absorbent, unlike synthetic carpet.

Reactions: Papa John

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
The 1st two photos are after it dried and pretty much same before the cleaning. The last is just after the cleaning. I'm just concerned about over wetting the jute.

IMG_5523 (1).jpg IMG_5519 (1).jpg 20240715_131142.jpg

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
A customers pet had an accident on her Earth weave carpet. The bozo carpet manufacturing repeates mistakes made in the 70's and are using Jute as the backing. I warned the customer of the challenges this Poses.
I cleaned the spots and it looked good but the spots came back. I was trying to not get the Just wet, which the customer may have done with her DIY attempt.
It wasn't an accident.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
A customers pet had an accident on her Earth weave carpet.
Very nice to know this going in. Earthweave carpet is very prone to massive shrinkage if it gets too wet. I've seen it shrink more than two feet over a water-damaged 20 foot installation. (It's difficult, but it can be restretched that far. You would probably have to prove it to the installer as I did.) It also has an adhesive that can wick color that looks like your stain, may go away when rinsed, possibly can be removed with a strong solvent, but may still comes back as it dries.

You could point the customer back at the seller, but if they're like our local boys they don't know much about the product.

Earthwise recommends Host only, if that tells you something.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Very nice to know this going in. Earthweave carpet is very prone to massive shrinkage if it gets too wet. I've seen it shrink more than two feet over a water-damaged 20 foot installation. (It's difficult, but it can be restretched that far. You would probably have to prove it to the installer as I did.) It also has an adhesive that can wick color that looks like your stain, may go away when rinsed, possibly can be removed with a strong solvent, but may still comes back as it dries.

You could point the customer back at the seller, but if they're like our local boys they don't know much about the product.

I'm under the impression That HOST would not solve the problem caused by the owner when they use water and vinegar to clean the pet stain.
So maybe I shouldn't touch it any further? what's your thoughts @The Great Oz

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.

Have you received several callbacks from customers who have this carpet that your techs have HWE on and didn't know it was Earthweave?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I'm under the impression That HOST would not solve the problem caused by the owner when they use water and vinegar to clean the pet stain.
You are correct sir.

So maybe I shouldn't touch it any further? what's your thoughts @The Great Oz
Do it if you want and if the customer retains ownership of the problem, and if you aren't worried if they're happy or will pay when you're done. I have no way to know if our techs ran into this all of the time and were able to fix it most of the time.

Have you received several callbacks from customers who have this carpet that your techs have HWE on and didn't know it was Earthweave?
If we run into a new product that has issues before other people do, we have to figure it out or own it.

A nearby new install customer pressed us to replace as the problem got worse as the tech worked on it. That's when I got involved.

Greenhome wasn't any help with that customer, and since it was a small condo we paid to replace. The next color issue that came up was an install by a small, friendly-to-us company. Their installer gave us some insight into issues they had seen and came with me to look at the carpet. The entire house was Earthweave, with the problem only in one bedroom. We couldn't fix it, and it got worse. They replaced the carpet in that bedroom.

Shortly following was the water damage. No color change problem with that one, just the extreme shrinkage. Maybe all of them were reactions to something applied, but we cleaned a lot of wool without seeing these issues.

A piece of the carpet we paid for went into our training program, I gave a (useless) education to the Greenworks manager and let him know we'd be referring any future problems with the product back to them.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I would give It a few days to dry, then mist and vacuum.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom