I need some help!!!!!

lisa11

I have the first Prochem yes that old but the problem is this it Has great outstanding heat, but my Vac sucks now I am not sure if thats all the Vac I can get out of it or is there a solution...I cleaned an area rug in my house and it took 15 hours to dry SMH..Help Please

Name
Lee Stockwell
Been there, done that Terry.

Check for dirty filter, leaky vacuum relief valve, leaking waste tank, slipping belts, or a piece of plastic or other obstruction in either a hose or fitting.

Dump valve could be leaking due to trash in it as well.

Don't give up, we will help.

Thanks,
Lee

lisa11

I checked all the thing you mentioned. I have really small blower on the machine. Do you guys think Mytee Air hog will help?

Bjorn

shameless plug

one of these are better suited for use with a positive displacement blower

vac-boosters-01.jpg

DASBOOT002.jpg

DSCF0005-1.jpg

S

sam miller

Maybe your blower is going! what kind of lift do you get when sealing vacuum? Should be 13hg or so

http://prochem.com/Upload/KCProductCata ... 0_100A.PDF

heres the manual for your maching maybe some info there to help.

wool rug absorb a 100 x wieght in water get a waterclaw might help with drying if using hi flow wand lower jets size to 1's or 1.5 depends on wand.

the recovery lid seal goes bad you lose some lift take a water hose and push it into recovery tank vac inlet and push it while running to clear any obstructions. You'll know if its blocked.

Clean recovery filter to the Vacuum pump these get loaded with debree and can really cut CFM. Maybe have a tech check it out

S

sam miller

page 23 in manual helps with vac loss the one thing I didnt mention was losened Vacuum belt so it might no be spinning right it could be slipping! that would cause you to lose cfm and lift

never mind lee got that one.

lisa11

Ok so I did take the filter off from waste tank and the suction is great but I do notice some shredding of my belt (which is new)..Do You think its the wrong size? The shreddings fly everywhere...and I know its the belt because its black but also nothing is touching it as far as above or under the belt or the sides..UURRRRRGGGGGGGGG .....Um ok so sounds like I have alot to learn and I hope to do that here from you guys but I don't know how to check how much lift I have with this so go ahead laugh at me its ok...

lisa11

I think my blower size is maybe a 1 or 2 did I say that right, its probably a one people keep telling me different when they are checking it for me or just checking it out...some say 1 some say 2 I'm so confused.....

lisa11

Ok Fellas here it is Professional Chemicals Corp--Model 65--Serial 241--Engine speed 2600 rpm---Pump Out 1.8 GPM----PSI well who knows cuz someone scratched that off..... also it says on the engine 3600 rpm but on the on the machine it says 2600.....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
How about the Flow Eazy Filter, not the lint basket, but the filter just before the blower.

It often gets over looked and when it accumulates lint on it, you can get a reduction in your suction.

S

sam miller

I would think at a minimum its a 3 or 3.3 blower there should be a guage on front of machine for the vacuum lift when you seal vacuum the needle rise's its should have numbers from 1 to 30 and your gauge should rise to at least 12 to 13 hg,

It maybe broke or maybe there isnt one post photo's this sound like one of thier 1 st machine's off the lot.

the belt must be rubbing on something for it to be coming apart? also if the blower has grease fittings it need to be greased every 500 hours or so with the blower oil changed every 1000 hours.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
No one is laughing at you Lisa, we've all been there before. The joys of learning mechanics on a truck mount. Boy can I relate.

To find out what size blower you have, measure the diameter of the gear box and the width between the gears, ie the length of the blower lobes. You may even find a name plate on the blower.

To measure vacuum, you should have a vac guage on the machine. If its not working correctly, check the small hose coming off the guage which should run to a point between the blower and the recovery tank. Make sure its not crimped or cut. Replace the hose/and or the guage if necessary.

We're big on pictures here, open a photobucket.com account, take lots of pictures, copy the "img" url, and post it on here.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Lisa....just by the sound of it, shreaded belts mean you are not getting a full pull on your blower. Are the belts squealing when to block off the vac ports? Are the in-tank filters clean?

Burtz

on your web site it says

"•State-of-the-art equipment, which means the job will be done correctly the first time. "

maybe a trip to your friendly local pro chem dealer is in order

lisa11

Yah thats what it says on my web site but I have another truck that works great...And yes lol I do believe it is the first one Prochem made... I am going to take pics of it to post so you guys can see....This is my back up truck but the lil booger has some awesome heat...You guys are so much help Thank God for Mikey's Board!!!! I called Mytee today to ask about the Air Hog vac booster 7303 but the female told me they only work on portables hmmmmmm ..... ohhh by the way one of my belts have grooves and the other one doesn't weird...gonna get them changed hopefully they fit this time!!!!! ok going to take pics....

lisa11

Hello Jeremy yah those are fine.....I resealed the waist tank lid today boy what a difference...also found some wholes in my hose ( not good) replaced that... now all I am going to do is change the belts hopefully they get them right this time......Also my blower size is a 3 lol I thought it was a 1 but i checked the side of the blower and its a 3......

lisa11

Why Doug is a 3 blower bad? Whats the difference in them can someone tell me?

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
When I took apart an old performer I found a 80% blockage in the hard 90* radius pipe. There was also debris buildup in the vac bends in the waste tank.

1da62a7ad6b6740da014.jpg

00cf50d13d01d5bbe18d.jpg

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Aside from Bane units, which are electric, the smallest positive displacement blowers commonly used on TM's are #3's. The suck......well it sucks at best and you are also dealing with an older unit that may have any number of issues.

#4 blowers are the most common, followed by #5 and #6.

It would be very helpful to install a lift gauge in order to assess the health of the blower.

For some reason nearly every woman in this industry is named Lisa....join the club!

Take care,
Lisa

joe harper

Name
joe harper
"I was thinking the same thing......{LISA}......" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BUT...You are the..."AlpHa..LISA"... !gotcha!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom