I need suggestions for a Reliable Porty Pump Out Pump

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I am looking for a pump out that can handle the crud from wax strip jobs, stone slurry and small flood jobs. I would like to use 2 pump out pumps to ensure reliability and the second pump would be set up for higher demands. I have looked at TM pump outs but they are not wired for my use. I do not want a problematic micky mouse get plugged up and cant push porty pump. Physical size is not a problem. It is not going inside a porty body. THANKS

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
sooooooooo....you're gonna establish a pump out...
INSIDE THE CUSTYS HOUSE.....

PICS???

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I can not recommend a specific pump for your needs, but avoid any diaphragm style pumps.

I had constant problems with my Mytee pump out. It's output would diminish with each use due to the very small passages in the diaphragms getting clogged with crap.

View attachment 3549

Besides the fact that I rarely used it anymore in a residential setting after a few near disasters woke me up to the potential liability involved , I got so tired of it failing to perform that I took it out completely.

Reactions: Mardie

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Trash pump sounds good. Just got to find a one way inline valve/flap to make that work. Goomer what would you suggest for a pressure pump? It will be mounted on a separate cart. Would like one that can be fully adjustable with pressure up to 1000psi.and around 2 gal. per minute that runs of a 15amp circuit if such a pump exists.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
A popular 1200 psi adjustable is the Pumptec 356.

Keep in mind that the plumbing involved to set up a pump like this may be more than you have considered.

Besides a fresh water feed, it will need a regulator, a line to the psi gauge, a pressure bypass line back to fresh supply, and a primer ball valve line.

I am trying my best to refrain from trying to convince you that this is a unnecessary, overcomplicated, and ridiculous attempt to accomplish something that is easily accomplished in other ways........but I know I will most likely be wasting my time, and that your thick-headed, stubborn mentality will ultimately benefit the most by your experiences in attempting to do it the hard way.

So go for it Bubbles,a and be sure to keep us updated on it's progress, as I am sure it will lead to some entertaining threads, and lot's of laughs.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
any sump pump will work if you have room in the tank.
I figure even the 1/4HP ones will have more than enough guts to pump out under porty vac pressures
Check valves will be in the same section as the pumps

..L.T.A.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I can not recommend a specific pump for your needs, but avoid any diaphragm style pumps.

I had constant problems with my Mytee pump out. It's output would diminish with each use due to the very small passages in the diaphragms getting clogged with crap.

View attachment 3549

Besides the fact that I rarely used it anymore in a residential setting after a few near disasters woke me up to the potential liability involved , I got so tired of it failing to perform that I took it out completely.

It is essential to filter your waste water before the pumpout. My airhog pumpout with it's diaphragm motor has been completely reliable after 30 months of use on 1000 CC jobs because I have always captured the crud in the sock filter you use in the Lint Hog assembly on the AirHog. It would easily handle wax strip and flood jobs. As for stone slurry, it should be treated like cement and not pumped down a drain or even run through any pumpout.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Goomer what machine or set up would you use for this type of work? What do you think of using one of them devastator filters for a porty that will be sucking up a lot of crap?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
jus make sure you have a reliable truck mount co available to come over to clean up yor mess...........

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Goomer what machine or set up would you use for this type of work? What do you think of using one of them devastator filters for a porty that will be sucking up a lot of crap?

For vct slop and stone slurry, I would use a industrial wet vac, since it is designed for such things.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/NTESearch?escapeXml=false&ipp=24&storeId=6970&Ntt=wet+vac

When I am done eating my porridge, if there is anything left, I simply throw it out because it is the easiest way to get rid of it.
I do not attempt to filter the solids from the liquids first, because that would be a waste of time and effort, and has no benefit.

Last edited:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
It is essential to filter your waste water before the pumpout. My airhog pumpout with it's diaphragm motor has been completely reliable after 30 months of use on 1000 CC jobs because I have always captured the crud in the sock filter you use in the Lint Hog assembly on the AirHog. It would easily handle wax strip and flood jobs. As for stone slurry, it should be treated like cement and not pumped down a drain or even run through any pumpout.

It's probably the Lint Hog makes the difference.
A large filter surface like that, that is external of the waste tank and easily accessible and cleanable is probably the best option. But setting one up in-line on every 25 foot run I do ain't gonna happen.

The original acorn filter was too small and useless.
The passages on the newer style, larger cylinder filter were too big and let too much crap through.
I even modified it with small screen material overlay and it clogged too fast.
The fishnet bag that came with it was also useless and a pia to re-attach correctly and would never stay on.

I swore I would never again roll up my sleeve and stick it down into a filthy waste tank again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom