I need to quote a banquet hall help please

Hey guys I'm about to do my first banquet hall and I'm going to price it by sq ft.

What do you guys think is a fair price for a 1400 sq ft hall?

Thanks!
Tommy Mac

Also I live in Chicago, I know people price differently by where they live.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Open areas $308.00 - 350 if you have to move furniture etc it would go up

Name
steve snail
what kink of shape is it in? What method of cleaning will be used? How much time do you figure to complete?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Trashed: $275
Avg: $225
Not bad: $175

That's just me... Either way I'll only be there for an hour or two...

Mikey P

Administrator
If you can make more than you'd make sitting home picking your ass then beat their lowest bid and learn from the whole experience.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Jeremy I thought I was gonna get shit for my price being too low

Amazing

How long will it take you? how much will it cost you to do it? What do you want to make per hour? What will score you the job if you want it?

Nice big open areas are a lot quicker than a bunch of hacked up areas.

In your big be sure to outline all you will provide for the estimated price.

Often guys will just write up an estimate with price alone.

Want the bid to stand out for others, list all steps included.

Bid it to make money, but if they are getting multi bids, price it to win if you want it.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
why not price it and walk away based on reputation? I guess everyone can't do that

Amazing

why not price it and walk away based on reputation? I guess everyone can't do that

Well Mr High and Mighty,,,

The way he wrote this it sounds like it is his 1st rodeo.
And it sounds like he is lost if he is asking us how to price it sight unseen.

We are not all married to Drs.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I would still say give the price and walk away I wouldn't , even at my low prices wasting my time and effort for $200. He said he WAS going to do it and NEEDED a price so I gave him WHAT he SHOULD be getting

Amazing

Well I only replied to you be cause you said.. "why not price it and walk away based on reputation?"

I do agree with you however Greg, some work is not worth the work.

We all start with training wheels though.

randy

Name
Randy
Personally I wouldn't go below $420 if it is so trashed that you have to HWE it.
If it can be encaped I would do it for $350.

That being said, I really must admit that I have come to the conclusion (after ten years of doing lots of encap cleaning) that you really can't charge much less for encap cleaning, and make what I consider a decent margin. Put away the bullshit idea about cleaning 2,000 to 3,000 square feet an hour. That's total crap that clever VLM salesmen came up with, and it's NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING TRUE on a day in day out basis. Sure I have covered 3,000 square feet in an hour in a few isolated cases but more often then not commercial carpet is pretty dirty and you can't JOG over it like they do in some of these bogus staged demos on ytube. Very often I can extract commercial carpet with the Steamin Demons in less time then it would take to encap it. Even with a truckmount & RX-20 or one of Eric's new Zipper units HWE will not really take much longer. The only real cost savings of encap cleaning is COST OF CAPITAL. If you do mostly commercial a mini-van, steamin Demon and cimex and you are ready to roll for very little investment. However if you do lots of residential and have a truckmount then SCREW ENCAP and buy a Zipper instead of a CIMEX.

The biggest question to ask on these deals : Will you have the tables & chairs put away when I get here or will I be responsible for moving them ? That can double the time required for the job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom