I shot the Piggy, but I did not shoot the deputy

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
You wouldn’t think it was a big deal, but between events, funerals, rebuilding the house, weather and occasionally trying to operate what I laughingly call a cleaning service, it has taken me a long time to paint the van. Yesterday I got ‘er done. Looks okay from a long way off, pretty rough up close. In a week or two I’ll buff it out a bit, then decorate with some sort of signage.
Mrs. Coastie thinks it is a YUGE improvement over how it looked, bless her loyal, brave heart.

198BDC87-54F6-41E1-B972-FC939D225B57.jpeg

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Red?????

:eekk::dejection::eekk:

pig noses are pink

..L.T.A.

I painted the bumpers Ford red three years ago when the elves complained about people cutting the van off. I figured if I offended the other drivers enough, they’d notice it.
Actually, I hope to repaint them some weekend. I was also considering painting fender flares like the old time buses. Or shark teeth. YOLO

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
You wouldn’t think it was a big deal, but between events, funerals, rebuilding the house, weather and occasionally trying to operate what I laughingly call a cleaning service, it has taken me a long time to paint the van. Yesterday I got ‘er done. Looks okay from a long way off, pretty rough up close. In a week or two I’ll buff it out a bit, then decorate with some sort of signage.
Mrs. Coastie thinks it is a YUGE improvement over how it looked, bless her loyal, brave heart.

View attachment 86128

HOLY BUTT CHEEKS...that red is ugly!

steve_64

I always liked seeing the military stuff painted up like that. Its motivating.

Trying to come u up with something for the cleaning vans instead of the boring print or stupid pics of kids or dogs on carpet.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Are you planning on putting political signs on all of the windows like,
"I love Obama". "Pelosi for president" or " When they go high you go low!"

Reactions: steve_64

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I always liked seeing the military stuff painted up like that. Its motivating.

Trying to come u up with something for the cleaning vans instead of the boring print or stupid pics of kids or dogs on carpet.

White work vans are a dime a dozen.
Once I figure out how to paint bubbles, I might do bubbles and highlight the paint sags and runs for a frothy sudsy look. Easier than blocking them all down and buffing it totally smooth and a damn sight more interesting than some $3000 wrap.

Reactions: steve_64

steve_64

White work vans are a dime a dozen.
Once I figure out how to paint bubbles, I might do bubbles and highlight the paint sags and runs for a frothy sudsy look. Easier than blocking them all down and buffing it totally smooth and a damn sight more interesting than some $3000 wrap.
I want something tough and mean to go with the clean team.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Illusions? It's never too late to improve.

But Red? Really?

Where have you been for the past coupla years? I did the bumpers a long time ago. What I did yesterday was shoot the body, which had been covered in spraycan paint, bits of old decal and some surface rust. For the last week I picked away at it, priming the rust and sanding the crap paint away. Took me a full day to mask off, another two for rain to pass.

That is yacht paint and imho far more durable than most auto paints. Not to mention that I got it at surplus for about $40/gallon compared to $200/gallon for urethane.

Anyhow, I like the red bumpers and they ward off evil motorists. If any kids want free candy I’ll send them over to Georgia like God intended.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom