I think I found the truck to upstage Rob's 70's disco Truck

John Olson

Name
John Olson
1000065403_1.jpg

I think I want to buy it and sell it to a Service Master :mrgreen: That would just look bad ass rolling down the road with a Yellow 650 in it

K

Kabluey

Re: I think I found the truck to upstage Rob's 70's disco Tr

Isnt that for a travling homeshow. I saw one driving down the freeway with a lr set up in it.

John Olson

Name
John Olson

I dunno but it would look bad ass loaded up :)

jimn

I personally think it would look better with a yellow Genesis59 in it. Go yellow all the way hose reels, tanks, hoses etc... shiteatinggrin

The Great Oz

Name
bryan

To keep cleaning equipment and glass clean enough for display, it might be tough to have the truck actually in use cleaning carpet. They use those as rolling advertising vehicles with a scrolling banner like you see in stadiums. With big screens getting cheap these are being retired and replaced by a more conventional box and video screens like the picture below.

delta_1.jpg

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins

What Oz said.

John Olson

Name
John Olson

Think Outside the Box (or in this case inside the Box) This could be alot of fun! Who wants it? I know one of you want it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

You could have Go-Go girls dancing outside the home while cleaning.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan

You're right, I've seen 12 and 24 volt LED versions of multicolored club lights, so Vortex walk-up stories will seem lame when you're causing accidents. shiteatinggrin

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins

The operating costs of that truck are thru the roof(most run on diesel and you have to pay an employee by the hour X amout of hours driving around), and many companies in the US have gone out of business due to the costs of ads for those trucks to operate are usually in the 3-4k/month range, since most small businesses target small to medium size companies to advertise they were not getting enough business, and business owners that were not used to "mass campaign marketing" could not justify the cost to run their ads on the mobile truck ads. Most small businesses these days want to see a ROI in 30 days or less, and that is not visible with any marketing strategy. Telling someone to spend 3-4k for 3 months, regardless of how many viewers per day will see the truck, is still above people's budgets.

There are laws against video leds in the trucks if the trucks are moving, they must be stationary, and are usually parked on a major intersection, busy mall strip, or @ a big event.

The idea came from China, but now China banned the trucks from being mobile w/ the ads or videos, so last I heard they are doing similar things with larger box trucks parked on side of the roads, but it is less costly to do stationary bus or metro scrolling signs, no diesel or employee to pay, almost the same amount of viewers per day depending on location.

IKEA has done studio displays w/ furniture inside and people acting as if they're in their own home, the trucks had to be parked.

Each one of those large vinyl ads cost between 500-700 to print for 3-4 banners. The inside of the truck is very fragile, there's nothing inside except the batteries and small computer up front, the box glass cost about $3-5k a piece if you need to replace them. You need enough air movement inside, so the ceilings have large commercial exhast fans to keep the heat out, ceilings and floors are reflective aluminum which helps the glare at night w/ the ceilings lights.

Sorry to get off topic.

:mrgreen:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

I wonder if Terry has a few Christmas lights, shiny logo stickers and plexiglass laying around for his new Nortic Disco 3?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

n]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2-dc7pbz7En]

Brett

Interesting info Bill. I'd put a Recoil in it with Mikey chasing it around with smoke coming out his ears.LOL

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

tmdry said:
The operating costs of that truck are thru the roof(most run on diesel and you have to pay an employee by the hour X amout of hours driving around), and many companies in the US have gone out of business due to the costs of ads for those trucks to operate are usually in the 3-4k/month range, since most small businesses target small to medium size companies to advertise they were not getting enough business, and business owners that were not used to "mass campaign marketing" could not justify the cost to run their ads on the mobile truck ads. Most small businesses these days want to see a ROI in 30 days or less, and that is not visible with any marketing strategy. Telling someone to spend 3-4k for 3 months, regardless of how many viewers per day will see the truck, is still above people's budgets.

There are laws against video leds in the trucks if the trucks are moving, they must be stationary, and are usually parked on a major intersection, busy mall strip, or @ a big event.

The idea came from China, but now China banned the trucks from being mobile w/ the ads or videos, so last I heard they are doing similar things with larger box trucks parked on side of the roads, but it is less costly to do stationary bus or metro scrolling signs, no diesel or employee to pay, almost the same amount of viewers per day depending on location.

IKEA has done studio displays w/ furniture inside and people acting as if they're in their own home, the trucks had to be parked.

Each one of those large vinyl ads cost between 500-700 to print for 3-4 banners. The inside of the truck is very fragile, there's nothing inside except the batteries and small computer up front, the box glass cost about $3-5k a piece if you need to replace them. You need enough air movement inside, so the ceilings have large commercial exhast fans to keep the heat out, ceilings and floors are reflective aluminum which helps the glare at night w/ the ceilings lights.

Sorry to get off topic.

:mrgreen:

The first company I worked for in Utah also owned a sign advertising company. Instead of lights they had the HUGE vinyl displays. They did how ever have small spotlights that would light up the sign at night. Labor and gas far outweighed the price of the vinyl work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom