I thought I'd come home to a..

Mikey P

Administrator
Well Formulated and Impressively Letter Headed slander allegation from Dewey, Screwm and Howe but I guess York got cold feet about suing The World's Greatest Carpet Cleaning Forum and it's Moderators.

Name
I'm Rick James
Yeah that whole thing was a train wreck from the beginning. What was said was said, just move on from it.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
You seem disappointed Mikey.

Putting an end to this dysfunctional relationship is like divorce without the legal and alimony costs.

I bet you're both happier for it.

Give Davis and Oz a bonus for not running the place into the ground while you were gone and find someone else with whom to fight the fine fight against. After nearly a week in Ed York's old house, you probably have the urge to do something more outrageous than ever now.

To Shawn York (I bet your're lurking here somewhere still): Best of luck in your next endeavor.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Did you ever see "Goodfellas" Mike?

Near the end a cop puts a gun to Henry Hill's (Ray Liotta's) head and uses some fairly pungent language. In his narration he said he knew he was going to live, because if it was a hit, no one says a word. f Only cops talk that way.

When they are talking trash to you and yours, they aren't going to sue you. Its when its all quiet and smiles that the hit (or the certified letter) comes along.

And yes, I've gotten my share of "well formulated" letters from lawyers to understand the process all too well.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Exactly as Jim said! The threatening letter is not the thing to worry about, that only cost him a few bucks or nothing if his bff is a lawyer. It's when it goes to Complaint and Summons that real money is being spent and things are serious.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
See what you missed out on by not working your way up through the ranks at Millers or Coit and becoming a carpet cleaning demi god like Ken (or a piratical distributor like me)?

Letters like that come to us as often as ones that say "You may already have won....."

All in a days work when you sit at your desk and stack gold bullion all day, right Ken?

rick imby

Name
Rick
You can come to work for me anytime Ken. The problem is I would only pay you what you are worth....

I don't think you could survive on ten dollars a month.

Rick

Iseeru

hogjowl

Idiot™
On the night the phone calls were being made, I told Jim that it was one or the other, but I thought it was a huge bluff. One thing for sure, I'LL BE DAMN GLAD WHEN YOU STOP TALKING ABOUT SHAWN! NOW THAT HE'S GONE, MAYBE WE CAN GET ONTO SOMETHING ELSE?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom