I told you I'm not a hack

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
Well I am.

Cimex with grey pads, Phoenix with microfibers, 4 opg Commercial Magic at our local Pizza Hut.

They’ve been getting national exposure on social media for being “retro” (outdated decor) and decided to get the carpet cleaned.

68B9AB28-F669-4DC6-8A03-D9637E8FDF7F.jpeg DA19ACDD-AD7C-4696-8F64-1B3C8ED202D9.jpeg

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Looks more like Carpet to me. :stir:
Yesterday's word was "Abrash"
Today's words children will be "Rugs" and "Carpet"
"Rugs" are not attached to the floor and can be moved around.
"Carpet" is installed using glue or tack strip and is custom fitted to fit a given space.

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
Cimex, for scrub followed by op and microfiber?
Yes.

Prevac, prespray w/ Commercial Magic 4opg, Cimex w/ grey pads and Commercial Magic 4opg, Phoenix with micros CM 2 opg. Air movers ran for the last 20 minutes, left them on afterwards and picked up later in the afternoon.

Would’ve extracted, but as soon as they start in on dry times and how it absolutely, positively, HAS TO BE DRY BEFORE WE OPEN… I automatically forget HWE and just VLM it with air movers.

Luky

Name
Mario
"Carpet" is installed using glue or tack strip and is custom fitted to fit a given space.
You're being too technical Papa, this is the pick from my photo album, so 🍅, tomato. For your enlightenment, older folks refer to carpets as a rug. You should know it, you're right in that category.

Reactions: Nate The Great

sassyotto

Name
Paul
Yes.

Prevac, prespray w/ Commercial Magic 4opg, Cimex w/ grey pads and Commercial Magic 4opg, Phoenix with micros CM 2 opg. Air movers ran for the last 20 minutes, left them on afterwards and picked up later in the afternoon.

Would’ve extracted, but as soon as they start in on dry times and how it absolutely, positively, HAS TO BE DRY BEFORE WE OPEN… I automatically forget HWE and just VLM it with air movers.
HWE w/CRB and Airpath or DriPods with AC. Will dry in 20 minutes too.

Name
Nate W.

Depends on who you're talking with..

One of the more official definitions the words rug and carpet has to do with size. The word rug has come to mean a smaller item (as in an area rug that is around 4 feet by 6 feet or less) while the word carpet reflects bigger items (as in an area carpet that are over 4 feet wide and 6 feet long). Both carpets and rugs are basically floor coverings, with the only difference being in how large they are.

Wall-to-wall carpet, or a rug.. :lol:

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
You're being too technical Papa, this is the pick from my photo album, so 🍅, tomato. For your enlightenment, older folks refer to carpets as a rug. You should know it, you're right in that category.
Those old folks are wrong and it should be corrected.
Rugs are not cleaned the same way as carpets when cleaned properly. And pricing should be different.

Here is another technicality:
And carpets and rugs are not "Steam Cleaned" to do so would be idiotic-- the correct term is hot water extraction.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Depends on who you're talking with..

One of the more official definitions the words rug and carpet has to do with size. The word rug has come to mean a smaller item (as in an area rug that is around 4 feet by 6 feet or less) while the word carpet reflects bigger items (as in an area carpet that are over 4 feet wide and 6 feet long). Both carpets and rugs are basically floor coverings, with the only difference being in how large they are.

Wall-to-wall carpet, or a rug.. :lol:
The difference is in how they are typically made.
Most rugs are wool, while most carpets are synthetic. And this will change the chems you might use.

Luky

Name
Mario
Those old folks are wrong and it should be corrected.
Rugs are not cleaned the same way as carpets when cleaned properly. And pricing should be different.

And carpets and rugs are not "Steam Cleaned" to do so would be idiotic-- the correct term is hot water extraction.
Some would argue that rugs should be cleaned exclusively in places designed just for that, rug cleaning plants. The majority of us would disagree with that for a simple reason; if we can clean a small round rug in a customer's house traditional way ( similar to the carpet cleaning method) and charge $100, who is in better shape, rug plant owner or O/O?

For your satisfaction, I've fixed the title in my photo album👉

20230719_143412.jpg

Reactions: BIG WOOD

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Many Europeans have been doing true steam cleaning for 25+ years.
Here's a video https://sonicleanusa.com/pages/varro-professional-steam-cleaner-made-in-italy
I consider it to be an interim method, and not suitable for all soiling types, but it is particularly effective on light oily soiling from domestic cooking etc. It also recovers the loft well for wool carpets.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Who created the term "steam cleaning" for carpet cleaning? And when did that phrase get started?

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Some would argue that rugs should be cleaned exclusively in places designed just for that, rug cleaning plants. The majority of us would disagree with that for a simple reason; if we can clean a small round rug in a customer's house traditional way ( similar to the carpet cleaning method) and charge $100, who is in better shape, rug plant owner or O/O?

For your satisfaction, I've fixed the title in my photo album👉

View attachment 123641
Yes, rugs can be cleaned in the home-- But Not a proper deep flooding cleaning that is done in the plant. When doing this proper cleaning the rugs need to be placed in a properly equipped drying room. The customer's home is inadequate for this important part of the service. It avoids mold growth.

Many Europeans have been doing true steam cleaning for 25+ years.
Here's a video https://sonicleanusa.com/pages/varro-professional-steam-cleaner-made-in-italy
I consider it to be an interim method, and not suitable for all soiling types, but it is particularly effective on light oily soiling from domestic cooking etc. It also recovers the loft well for wool carpets.
I believe it only heats up the rug to kill the germs and bugs but doesn't do any extraction. Cleaning involves removing unwanted substances.

Who created the term "steam cleaning" for carpet cleaning? And when did that phrase get started?
People witnessed the steam coming out from the wand and assumed that the steam was doing the cleaning. It's the Hot water and suction/extraction that is doing the cleaning. The term Steam cleaning was just a marking ploy and it sort of stuck.

Today's word correction is: Band-aid
Band-aid is a Brand, not an item. Adhesive bandages are the item. :biggrin: 😎

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Yes, rugs can be cleaned in the home-- But Not a proper deep flooding cleaning that is done in the plant. When doing this proper cleaning the rugs need to be placed in a properly equipped drying room. The customer's home is inadequate for this important part of the service. It avoids mold growth.

I believe it only heats up the rug to kill the germs and bugs but doesn't do any extraction. Cleaning involves removing unwanted substances.

People witnessed the steam coming out from the wand and assumed that the steam was doing the cleaning. It's the Hot water and suction/extraction that is doing the cleaning. The term Steam cleaning was just a marking ploy and it sort of stuck.

Today's word correction is: Band-aid
Band-aid is a Brand, not an item. Adhesive bandages are the item. :biggrin: 😎
That didn’t answer my question

Name
Nate W.
That didn’t answer my question

I doubt anyone can dumb it down more.. People would see "steam" coming from the wand and refer to it as such.. "Shampoo" was the old Encap of it's day that would leave a sticky residue.. "Vacuuming" was also a thing at one point..

Look at "Chem Lie" they'd bash "Steam Cleaners" because they were a "low moisture method"......Fast forward to the carpet manufacturer's not recognizing their method as a proper method, then they were forced to do HWE but still would bash HWE.. Either method "VLM" or "HWE" in the wrong hands and you'd have a problem..

What's the price of tea in China?......

Reactions: Papa John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom