I Used a Portable Last Night...

Name
Jeff T
Would you share a recommended portable?
We offer TM HWE, portable cleaning, and low moisture.

The machine we use to do portable extraction is the Rotovac Monsoon.

The water pump is kinda pathetic. It only produces 220 psi…

BUT, the vacuum is great. Even at 100’, (2” hose from machine to wand).It just means that you have to SLOW DOWN, and take the time to do the job properly…

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Did your Uncle Larry give you a brush to go on the 175? I hope so. If so, use that on that tile. Can you run(operate) it? It will help you.
Yea he did give me a brush for it. It took me a minute playing around with it but can operate it no problemo now. Interesting, there's a lot of wooden pews and trim in the room, would the 175 be slinging prespray around? Does it get into grout lines with the brush or should I still use a crb for that?

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
What chemical are you using on the tile job. Hopefully you have something over 10pH.

Prochem Ultra Pac Extreme (I call it Nano) works well.
Or a good stripper, or both. Stripper will foam though.
I have high pH stuff, Flex would be my go to that I have on hand. I have some stripper too. Why the stripper? I tested it and didn't detect any coatings or sealers..

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Yea he did give me a brush for it. It took me a minute playing around with it but can operate it no problemo now. Interesting, there's a lot of wooden pews and trim in the room, would the 175 be slinging prespray around? Does it get into grout lines with the brush or should I still use a crb for that?
Yes, the Wall-Banger (175) will make a mess. Go to a garden store and get some plastic ground barrier-trim stuff. Get enough to make a circle around the head of the Wall-banger and tie the ends together with zip ties or string. This will act as a splash barrier.

• Love
Reactions: Bryce C

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Yes, the Wall-Banger (175) will make a mess. Go to a garden store and get some plastic ground barrier-trim stuff. Het enough to make a circle around the head of the Wall-banger and tie the ends together with zip ties or string. This will act as a splash barrier.

Brilliant. I'll do that. So how does the wall banger with a brush do scrubbing grout lines?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Brilliant. I'll do that. So how does the wall banger with a brush do scrubbing grout lines?
You'll be fine. you're already ahead of the hacks because most don't bother scrubbing. Something to think about though, the 175 brushes sideways across the grout. A CRB would do a better job because the bristles grind down into the grout and pull out contamination. But that is just something to think about later as you add to your arsenal of tools.

Overlap at least 50% on your swings and work in a grid pattern. Bring a flathead screwdriver for those nasty parts that refuse to budge under mechanical agitation. You can also buy the little brass or metal brushes at Home Depot.

3400 sqft is a lot. I feel for you. I hope you're getting at least .50 per sqft and have some help.

Last edited:
Name
Jeff T
Being LOTS of hand towels. Use them (dampened with fresh water), wipe off any surface that you’ve flung cleaner on.

Save the dreaded 2 day after call…

Oh, and USE THE CRB TO AGITATE…

Work in smaller sections, say 100-200 sqft @ a time.

Reactions: Bryce C and Nomad74

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
You'll be fine. you're already ahead of the hacks because most don't bother scrubbing. Something to think about though, the 175 brushes sideways across the grout. A CRB would do a better job because the bristles grind down into the grout and pull out contamination. But that is just something to think about later as you add to your arsenal of tools.

Overlap at least 50% on your swings and work in a grid pattern. Bring a flathead screwdriver for those nasty parts that refuse to budge under mechanical agitation.

3200 sqft is a lot. I feel for you. Hope getting at least .50 per sqft and have some help.
All great tips Damon thank you. I have a little crb, it's what we've used on the tile and grout jobs we've done so far with good results. So far the tile and grout both clean up easily using a crb on the jobs we've done, but have only done them in decent residential environments, never commercial areas. I guess I'll bring both the 175 and crb to play around with tomorrow. Nothing else scheduled and no time limit at the church which is nice. I've got the best helper, my wife. I hope she still loves me after another day of commercial work 😬😄

Reactions: Nomad74

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Being LOTS of hand towels. Use them (dampened with fresh water), wipe off any surface that you’ve flung cleaner on.

Save the dreaded 2 day after call…

Oh, and USE THE CRB TO AGITATE…

Work in smaller sections, say 100-200 sqft @ a time.
Man I've been worried about just that, splashing cleaner on the beautiful pews and wood trim everywhere. Lots of damp hand towels sounds like the ticket!

Name
Jeff T
All great tips Damon thank you. I have a little crb, it's what we've used on the tile and grout jobs we've done so far with good results. So far the tile and grout both clean up easily using a crb on the jobs we've done, but have only done them in decent residential environments, never commercial areas. I guess I'll bring both the 175 and crb to play around with tomorrow. Nothing else scheduled and no time limit at the church which is nice. I've got the best helper, my wife. I hope she still loves me after another day of commercial work 😬😄
Bring a gallon or 2 of defoamer…

When you start to lose suction, take the hose off the tool, and dump an oz or 2 in the vac line.

• Wow

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom