I Used a Portable Last Night...

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I forgot you have a crb. If you have stiff brushes I’d see how it goes with that first. Maybe you won’t have go to the Mack Daddy, although you’re probably itching to. The crb will go under the pews easier. PS, let’s not get carried away with the #wonderfulfella part! That would damage his image or persona😉

Last edited:

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
PS, let’s not get carried away with the #wonderfulfella part! That would damage his image or persona😉
Ruh roh, can never be too careful around these parts.
1000024762.jpg

Here we go!

Reactions: AMmmarie

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Equipment failure right away, and grout lines look dingy after scrubbing with a high pH cleaner. So this is why folks use acid grout restorer and price accordingly if the customer wants to pay for it. It's all ceramic. Off to my local supplier. I'll be here until night time. F#@! it, I'm going to make this floor sparkle. I want those after pics for my profiles, and a hundred church goers marveling at the stunning tile and grout. This is fun.

• Haha
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
They won’t even notice.
I heard that here last 2 times I was in a trashed factory office and wrote about it. They wrote to me that results were stellar, they want us to continue cleaning for them regularly, and the receptionist at one place wants us to come clean her home.

Honestly I don't understand what you guys mean when you say this kind of stuff. No offense but it sounds like a morning pep talk at a splash and dash outfit. Are you guys just joking around when you say that or has that actually been your experience? I'm lost here. Aren't most of you guys premium cleaners? If it isn't results that get us more business than what is it?

Reactions: AMmmarie

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
The people who contact you will notice and maybe the staff, but in general the people in the congregation won’t notice just a general clean of the tile even if you get the grout sparkling.

Reactions: Bryce C

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I heard that here last 2 times I was in a trashed factory office and wrote about it. They wrote to me that results were stellar, they want us to continue cleaning for them regularly, and the receptionist at one place wants us to come clean her home.

Honestly I don't understand what you guys mean when you say this kind of stuff. No offense but it sounds like a morning pep talk at a splash and dash outfit. Are you guys just joking around when you say that or has that actually been your experience? I'm lost here. Aren't most of you guys premium cleaners? If it isn't results that get us more business than what is it?
I think he means people are ungrateful bastards.

• Sad
Reactions: Bryce C

AMmmarie

Name
Marie
Put your defoamer in a spray bottle. Spray it into your vac hose periodically. Works better in a spray.
Is this advice from experimenting?

Sometimes I read things like this as I start to learn and I am interested if it's magic or trial and error or common knowledge acquired.

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Is this advice from experimenting?

Sometimes I read things like this as I start to learn and I am interested if it's magic or trial and error or common knowledge acquired.

I imagine it is because the small droplets dispersed by a spray bottle more effectively contact the foam and knock it down.

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
The people who contact you will notice and maybe the staff, but in general the people in the congregation won’t notice just a general clean of the tile even if you get the grout sparkling.
Yea that makes sense. I only ended up doing an acidic grout treatment in one small highly trafficked area anyway. It was fun to try it and see the difference. I fully dried the area with air movers after the initial alkaline cleaning so I could see what the grout really looked like, it improved a lot after scrubbing it with the acidic cleaner. I can see how one can restore grout to an extent using it.

That was a way bigger job than I thought. Scrubbing around all the pews and moving a bit of chairs and small furniture took a while! I priced it higher than any other commercial work we've done but not high enough.
Put your defoamer in a spray bottle. Spray it into your vac hose periodically. Works better in a spray.
Awesome tip that makes sense. Thanks! I did bring a gallon of defoamer but didn't end up needing any. I haven't used any defoamer in a while. Opened it up and saw mold growing on it this morning. It was given to me and was fine a few months ago. It's made by Betco. Weird, sucks to throw it all out.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

This technique also keeps you from engaging in the wasteful practice of dumping defoamer in your recovery tank, as you will need to add it again after each discharge.

If you want some added protection, soak a sponge in your liquid defoamer and leave that in your recovery tank. This will enable you to still have the defoaming quality of the product, but it will not be removed with each emptying step.

Note: Make sure the sponge isn't so small that it ends up in the dirty solution bucket.

Urinal blocks also work nicely, should you have access to them.

Still, spraying defoamer in your hose is the first and best step.

OG story:

Defoamer was sold in drums, pails, and multiple gallon cases when shampoo cleaning was a major part of our industry.

That use dropped down to nearly nothing until....the last several years

Improper product choice with VLM cleaning, and/or over use by improper dilution or reapplication has now created more "foam factories" in carpet than we saw in years past.

I have seen an increase in defoamer sales in my store, and in vacuum motor damage in my service department.

......I'm expecting a second lightning strike for this "sacrilege"

:biggrin: :eekk:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom