I Want a New Van

Dapperdann

Right now I drive a 1995 E150 and I have it pack full of auto detailing and carpet cleaning equipment. I been looking at the Nissan NV which is a nice van but has the same floor space as the E150 but the Nissan you can walk upright in. The Nissan is a comfortable van to drive and could be used for personal use with a price tag of $31,000. I think the Nissan would be a good fit for me if I go vertical with my equipment, like if i could stack my truckmount on top of a fresh water tank.

I think a box van would give me the most floor space but it would be a bigger van to drive and not as comfortable as the Nissan.

What you guys think?

04_2011_Nissan_NV.jpg

15_2011_Nissan_NV.jpg

09_2011_Nissan_NV.jpg

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
You should go for it. The cargo area is roomy enough and that passanger area is quite sumptuous. I really like that overhead compartment as pictured, it is très magnifique . You would be less likely to crap up your dashboard with maps and papers and invoices and newspapers and magazines and notebook computer and food scraps on plates and all the other disgusting things work vans have when you can throw it overhead.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
To each their own - but you can take that 31k - get yourself into a 170" wheelbase 2008 sprinter with 60-80k on it, have more room, and over 20MPG - and a van designed to go 500k miles.

Bob Foster

indyallpro said:
To each their own - but you can take that 31k - get yourself into a 170" wheelbase 2008 sprinter with 60-80k on it, have more room, and over 20MPG - and a van designed to go 500k miles.

And it's a diesel too!

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I don't know about that van but a box van is really big when driving and parking and there are a few tree lined condo/apts areas I can't get in. The only pro past the obvious room to a box van is the chemicals and machines are in a separate compartment and so is/are the smells for the most part.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Yeah, A new van always sounds great until you have to pay the monthly payment. I have an '02 and have been wanting a new van for a few years now, so I would tell you to think about that for a bit before I would listen to Art and go out and blow your load on a brand new van. Why not consider a new used van in good condition? New equipment in an economy like we have now, might put some guys out of business.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Bob Foster said:
indyallpro said:

And it's a diesel too!

Great. You guys would rather get a used Crapler POS Sprinter that will fall apart and need constant repair (and several expensive paint jobs) over a well made, trouble free Nisson that will be a pleasure to drive. Plus you get to stink up every where you go with diesel fumes. Wonderful. We'll see which one is better at the 500K mark, (if the Sprinter hasn't been driven off a cliff by then).

Dapperdann

The $31k for Nissan really scares me and has stop me from buying it right now, so I won't buy it unless I can put haft down which I am getting close to having.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
The $31k for the Nissan is cheaper than my outdated 50's technology Savannah that goes for much more than the Nissan, and I've spent thousands and I mean thousands of dollars on it. For me I'm going with a new one the next time around.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I was ready to buy the Nissan but my leasing agent talked me out of it. He likes it too but recommended I wait a couple of years. He said the fuel economy isn't that great and he think the tranny is suspect. :?:

That was enough to scare me out of one for now and I just purchased another box truck.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I think one of our members here got one or two and said he was getting installs and wraps on it and will post pictures.

I remember I asked in the earlier "Nissan van" thread, to see if he got it done and if the pictures are ready to upload here. I'm on blackberry today and don't feel like searching...who was it? Al bradham or something like that?

If the Nissan in quality is as good as the Titan truck, than its a good buy.
My father in law has a Titan since '03 and he beats the crap out of it and no real problems with it. Only thing I don't like about his truck is the fact that the mpg is pretty low and it has too much power. Not needed. If we don't tow or don't have it loaded with a lot of weight its hard to get going without spinning the wheels peeling out.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Zee the lease agent told me it is built on the Titan frame and that he's had several of his Titan leases have problems with their tranny's and need them replaced. Enough that he tries to talk them out of Titan's.

He said he has had no problems with Nissan cars but he steers everyone away from the trucks.
I was really disappointed, I like the full size and with the tall version you could stand up. I was already laying out what racks we would put where when he derailed my train. thathurts

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
If you get a small box van, like a 10 foot, you will still be able to stand up in it, you will be separated from your cargo area (so it will be quieter, cooler, warmer, cleaner, smell better), you will have a far better interior shape to work with that will also carry more cargo, You will have a larger rear door, and you will be able to drive it just as easliy as a regular cargo van because it really isn't any longer or wider, just a little taller, probably like the Nissan high roof.

Probably cheaper too.

Check out 4 such vans here: http://www.northlandakitas.com/delta/family.htm

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
2005 titan with 216,000 on it in 09 when I sold it no problems. Chevy and ford trans problems before 100k. The titan was way to fast and had to much pickup. Funny to say but true

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

Dapperdann

Loren Egland said:
If you get a small box van, like a 10 foot, you will still be able to stand up in it, you will be separated from your cargo area (so it will be quieter, cooler, warmer, cleaner, smell better), you will have a far better interior shape to work with that will also carry more cargo, You will have a larger rear door, and you will be able to drive it just as easliy as a regular cargo van because it really isn't any longer or wider, just a little taller, probably like the Nissan high roof.

Probably cheaper too.

Check out 4 such vans here: http://www.northlandakitas.com/delta/family.htm

Do you have any photos on how you box van are layout?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Art Kelley said:
[quote="Bob Foster":2a0stx5j]
indyallpro said:

And it's a diesel too!

Great. You guys would rather get a used Crapler POS Sprinter that will fall apart and need constant repair (and several expensive paint jobs) over a well made, trouble free Nisson that will be a pleasure to drive. Plus you get to stink up every where you go with diesel fumes. Wonderful. We'll see which one is better at the 500K mark, (if the Sprinter hasn't been driven off a cliff by then).[/quote:2a0stx5j]

Lets keep in mind, Art, that alot of guys aren't as fortunate as you to be grossing 100k a year like you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom