I want to OP my bed room carpets..

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Doesn't everyone use the thin, plastic (Kydex?) discs in the middle of the more aggressive pads (like Glads) and cut-pile carpet? Not necessary with TuWays. One side of the disc has Velcro to stick to the pad. Got a set of different diameters and shapes from Guerkink about fifteen years ago, but easy to make them yourself. Not sure whether their purpose is to isolate the center of the pad or to cause the pad to float more, but they do reduce blooming.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Doesn't everyone use the thin, plastic (Kydex?) discs in the middle of the more aggressive pads (like Glads) and cut-pile carpet? Not necessary with TuWays. One side of the disc has Velcro to stick to the pad. Got a set of different diameters and shapes from Guerkink about fifteen years ago, but easy to make them yourself. Not sure whether their purpose is to isolate the center of the pad or to cause the pad to float more, but they do reduce blooming.

Those were the wheel up days..

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
I cleaned my bedroom carpet today with a #bissel, seriously🤷🏼‍♂️

I did vacuum first!
I see your Bissell, and raise you 2 years professional use.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I use the Bissel Crosswave, multi surface machine #formyhouse. Encap Punch for spots and doorways 🤷🏻‍♂️ 18* yesterday and the spots were bugging me, so I got the Bissel after it.

Reactions: GeeeAus
Name
Steve Lawrence
but I can't recall ever having used VLM on a nice nylon pile..

Clue me in to the process so that I don't cause texture damage..
I've been experimenting with all kinds of processes on my nice nylon pile carpets for 35 years. The carpets still look good but the texture has been damaged some. Mostly from pad cleaning, I think. Haven't done that in quite a while--been getting away with occasional HWE and interim cleanings with CRB and trays (works surprisingly well and much less aggressive than pad cleaning. The best has been when I've used RX-20.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The first thought that came to mind when reading the title of this thread is Pile Distortion.

You can get away with this type of cleaning on rental carpet that's already trashed. But nice carpet? Go have fun making that carpet look 20years older

Mikey P

Administrator
Does the increase orbit size make it harder on the carpet texture or just faster?

If I see damage occurring, I'll just do my olefin rug.
I'm more interested in in seeing how the vibration effects my porcelain pig collection.

• Haha
Reactions: Old Coastie

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
What's the gentler pad, the blue microfiber or the cotton polly Glad Pad?

The blue microfiber bonnets are the absolute gentlest. The ones we sell are called GLIDE bonnets, and for good reason. That’s what I’d recommend. Use a gentle bonnet, keep it well lubricated, and keep the machine moving. You should be just fine.

Reactions: Mikey P

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I would like to hear how the Spyder compares to the Mytee ECO, pro and con. I need a way to go down long hallways. Like in a large hotel.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I do use a 175. But it has the drawback of being intermittant, because one has to spray a small area and then quickly pad it. I should think an OP could pad continuously, scrub grout, buff VCT and with a chrome coffeecup holder, satisfy my deep need to look cool. Everything the 175 can do, but at ten times the cost.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom