I wish I were a HACK for a night!

Im at a salon getting my haircut. Its getting late and they are ready to close. In come two guys with a porty and tell the manager that they are here to clean carpet. So I ask the gal cutting my hair how much they are paying for the carpet cleaning. She tells me $ 300. I was real surprised because the only thing they are cleaning was a small waiting area about 150 sq ft max! Then she tells me that they are doing restorative carpet cleaning and that is why it cost so much. Anyway, I get my haircut and watch these guys clean from my truck in the parking lot. They don't pre-vacuum, put down some sort of pre-spray from a two gallon pump up sprayer and run a whittaker (sp) over the carpet, then start cleaning with the porty. There were in and out in 20 minutes! I couldn't believe it. All I could say was WOW! Now, here is the kicker! They are doing the same thing at their other store accross town. They have the same set up, about 150 sq ft max. Ok, so $ 600 bucks for about one hour of work for not doing much, petty good damn good. If only life were that easy! Makes me feel like I need to raise my prices!!! I'll take the gig for $ 500 and save em some money, lol. You can bet your sweet ass im going in to talk to the manager tomorrow.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
if you spend a litlle more time in there with a truck mount or a very strong portable you will still be making a killing.

Farenheit251

I had the opposite. Talked with the manager while picking up a Burrito at Qdoba-about 600 feet and moving 50 chairs w/ tables. He said he just got a new cleaner $50,he presprays and then truckmounts it. He got all nine stores. Twice a year whether they need it or not. Said they were just done three weeks ago and I noticed they looked awful last week which is why I approached him.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Pricing Services to make your company profitable not based on what the next guy is doing is one of the hardest things to learn.
I do think about going to the dark side (splash and dash, bait & switch) occasionally.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
ACE said:
Pricing Services to make your company profitable not based on what the next guy is doing is one of the hardest things to learn.
I do think about going to the dark side (splash and dash, bait & switch) occasionally.
Ace come home the hack legion needs you. some accounts pay better than others, I highly doubt that the people talked about at the hair salon get those prices all across the board. They might be family of an employee or somthing. I am just glad to be out working i would rather make some than none. I have been trying to sell specialty work like carpet repair and wood floor cleaning to set my self aside

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think it was more like $30.00 and $60.00 for both places..........I mean we are talking about Manhattan Kansas. :p

Seriously 150 sq/ft? Don't be surprised if it was $30.00 dollars (.20 sq/ft), $2.00 a foot is a little steep for commercial carpet cleaning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom