Ideas for catchy buzz phrases for my truck?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Hi,
I'm meeting with a designer next week to get my logo onto the truck.I want to have a few ideas worked out before I meet him.
What are in your opinion good catchy phrases that might generate interest? I have seen some trucks that are very cluttered looking.I want my truck to be very recogizeable and I want to keep it relatively simple.The name of my business is Shaggy's Carpet Cleaning.There's going to be a big photo of my dog Shaggy(a beautiful frienly looking sheepdog) on the side and I want something under my business name that I'm hoping will get people interested.I'm thinking about things like: quality work, baby and pet friendly, green, quick dry, same day service, owner operated....
Then there is the color choice of the lettering.The truck is white. Are any colors more effective than others? I'm thinking pastels to appeal more to women? What do you suggest?
Should I get a website and post it on the truck?

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Dries in half the time. Don't worry about what that half is, just tell them the vortex guys do it so you are as well.

For ideas see a recent thread here "best wrap" or something like that. Also google vehicle graphics.
The designer guy, is he giving you ideas as well. If it doesn't work out go to dreamstreetgraphics. They do good work and will give you some ideas as well as sell you the vinyl. Design charges are $110 per hour and a few hours should take care of it. I wouldn't worry about a web site. Maybe have the space in the van where it would be empty. You can always get it later.

Albert

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
"So clean you will say ZOICS!!"

scooby_shaggy_poster.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok really

Work on emotions not "half the dry time"...good god. :wink:

How about..."Your pets will love you for it"
Or..."Shaggy says "It's safe for me and the children"

"They mess it up, we clean it up"

"So clean, the dog will want to roll around on it."

You get the idea.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
gimmeagig said:
Thanks for the suggestions,guys! There is already some stuff I really like.I really apprecciate your help.

Come on now...what do you like and don't ya like?

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
gimmeagig said:
Should I get a website and post it on the truck?
I assume your last question has two parts:

1. "Should I get a website?" As in you don't have one? Then YES, of course. Spend the money on a professional designer so your site looks ummmm "professional". It is a one time investment that will bring you a huge return. Many of your potential customers no longer turn to the yellow Pages, they are "googling".

2. "Should I post it on the truck?" Yes, right by your phone number.

Island Boy
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS A catchy phrase? These can work IF they aren't so "cute" that people get lost. Ours was very simple and was drilled in as a tag line to our market base over a 20 year period in radio and newspaper ads plus on the side of all our trucks. "Superb carpet and upholstery cleaning ... only from (company name)" Not the flashiest but still using the very emotional word "superb". And we were ...

One last caution, Roxy. Wraps and eye-catching graphics are great. But don't go wild. I saw one rolling disaster last weekend that included so much garbage on the truck (including flames sprouting from all surfaces) that is was indistinguishable what the company actually did. Remember people will only get a glimpse of your vehicle. You want to imprint on their sub-conscious what you do (make their carpets beautiful again) and who you are (so they can Google your name and find all about you in the relaxed atmosphere of their home as they peruse your WEB SITE!)

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
OK, I have the basic design for the truck and also my business cards. It's the one on the upper right.

[attachment=0:g33gkz7e]SHAGGYS-VEH.jpg[/attachment:g33gkz7e]
Pretty simple.Very readable and to the point.It is on one decal and below that will be a second decal with whatever phrase I choose.If I change my mind I can just just replace the phrase and keep the main decal..
The ideas I liked so fare were:
Shaggy says: It's safe for me and the kids. So clean you will say Zoics! and So clean the dog will want to roll around on it.
The last one is pretty long and it might end up too small on the truck. Even though i like them i'm not 100% sure it they are not too goofy( no pun intended).
I do like the humorous part of the whole thing but at the same time I want to project competence.And I want people to remember my truck and obviously I want them to call me.
I will be using green products and I understand that I want to appeal to emotions, women, safety etc.
like: It's green,your children will love you for it!
I want people to know that I use green, safe, effective and nice smelling products, I do a great job and I am reliable and affordable.
I'd love to be able do distill that into some kind of catchy phrase.Maybe on my business card I can get all of that in but I suppose on my truck I need to be brief.
How do you guys like what I have so far ?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
:roll: ugh to the above two.

You need to stick with "cute" phrases rather than "goofy". Does that make sense?

I think it will be ok for your truck but I am not sure what the women will say about the dog.
If you like it enough, go for it and let us know what happens.

"Zoics! that carpet it dirty"

Whatever works.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Thanks for your help, Brian. I agree with you, the shitbased suggestions are pretty useless.
I'm just trying to separate myself from the rest if the carpet cleaners in town by doing something different.Shaggy is a real showstopper and every time i go out with him I get asked what kind of dog he is and lots of people approach me about him.He almost has celebrity status wherever i go. So I thought why not use that for free advertising and pass out cards with his picture to people who approach me.Give kids Shaggy's magnets, stuff like that. Maybe even try "Spot Shaggy get 25% OFF YOUR NEXT CARPET CLEANING.
I don't know, I'm looking for a different angle.

Ron K

You want to be known as the "Really good Carpet Cleaner" with the cool dog not the "Really Cool Dog" with that guy....what does he do again? Phil Auserehl is a really good Rug Cleaner with a cool dog named "Dude" Dude goes everywhere with Phil he gets a seat at the local Dinner with a bucket of Ice at his seat. Phil has taught him to do cool tricks, he takes bandanas from peoples back pockets, he even has him sitting on a pee spot of an area rug in front of the customer during rug inspections. Everyone knows Dude but Phil is the top dog. Maybe use Shaggys picture and under it put SHAGGY APPROVED !

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Shaggy's cool, but what about a pose that really conveys his personality, evokes emotion and connects with Mrs. Piffleton? It kinda reminds me of a pooch High School picture. Nice but maybe not the most memorable. I don't have any suggestions but if you browse some of the stock image sites for images of pets and pets with kids you might see poses that'll give you some ideas.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Thanks Ron for mentioning that it should still be about me and the service I provide.
Good point.Which is why in the blurb I probably should address some of the things i mentioned earlier.
I'm just not sure how much is enough and at what point the truck is too cluttered looking. There are a few of those busy looking trucks in town.You can't tell what the business is as they are driving by.
Others are just too drab. I feel the dog and the logo are maybe cute enough and the rest should be somewhat more professional but still not a total departure from the friendly vibe I want to convey.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Actually, this reminds me.
They used to call me Shaggy in high school.
Because I was tall and lanky and my hair was long and all that.

Funny now that I look back on it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
gimmeagig said:
I actually still look like that.Last year Shaggy and I won an owner dog lookalike contest.

Pics?

Or was one of those pics above one of you?? I will have to go back and look.

Read my Image and Ego thread will ya?
:wink:

nickreal

I met a guy at a plumbing seminar this last week. He has a slogan he started his business with. It was kind of a joke, but he says it really pulls for him and he gets a lot of comments about it....

"highly recommended by my mother"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom