If a blower is screaming and dragging the machine down

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Is it blown? Or can it be rebuilt?

My kill switch failed while I was sucking a flood and the blower spit water through it for who knows how long until I came outside to check why it hadn't filled up yet.

Before you all call me a dumbapple we had 12 people on this loss in and out of the condo unit and nobody else seemed to notice it either.

G

shouldnt matter , just spray a lubricant in it to keep it from rusting and it will be ok

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I've had water in both of my tm's a couple of times each and never a problem. Like James said spray your wd40 to keep it from rusting and seizing up and it should be good.

I've disconnected the waste tank kill switch in both of my machines, I think they're more trouble than they're worth.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I put a half of a can of Z-4 lubricant through it. It never stopped screaming. It was making an awful noise Doesn't want to run. The noise is kinda like the breaks on my old piece of junk car when I ran it down to the rotors.

R

R W

I've done that quite a few times during flood extraction, and I just let it blow out and dry out, and ran lots of lube through it before I shut down. I found out that you shouldn't shut it down, cause it could "hydro-lock" the blower with water.

Oh....mine is a Genesis with a 59 blower.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
We shut it down. Should I go back to the shop and run the piss out of it? We let it spin for about 5 minutes and lubed it.

R

R W

B&BGaryC said:
I put a half of a can of Z-4 lubricant through it. It never stopped screaming. It was making an awful noise Doesn't want to run. The noise is kinda like the breaks on my old piece of junk car when I ran it down to the rotors.

Gary....you say it's still dragging down the TM? Is your relief valve clogged or stuck? What's the vac guage reading? Is it pegged? Does the blower exhaust exit through any heat exchangers or silencers that might have clogged up?

I've overblown my TM more times than I want to remember, and after it recovers, it still runs like new.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Gary,
Stress from pumping water instead of air....can over-heat or burn up bearings..

pto or slide-in WM?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
slide in

The gauge isn't pegged. I think it was reading about 5 hgs

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Gary,
Fire her up again & get a 3 or 4ft peice of wood.....stick one end on top of the
blower & the other end to your ear... this will allow you to hear what is going
on inside the blower. Post back if you hear any knocking?

something like a broom-handle will work "CAREFUL AROUND THE BELTS!!!!!"

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Gary....got-to-go now.

If is the bearings..going to cost $200.00 to $500.00 (depending on labor)

If there is damage to shaft or lobes (not worth rebuild prices /30 day warranty)

Buy new & get the warranty!!!!!!!!!

ps. I am asuming your WM is belt driven / if it seizes she will just smoke the belts.

pss Saw Les hanging around...."He can listen to it over the phone & tell you exactly whats wrong

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Doug D said:
go ask Morgan, he will tell you what is wrong with it.

It doesn't matter what's wrong with it, I'll be told I need a new machine. I figured a truck mount that has been maintained by the person who sold it should last better than 2100 hours.

We're on our second engine, I'm having mysterious pump problems, now the kill switch failure and the dingled-up blower.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
B&BGaryC said:
[quote="Doug D":1roxq3vk]go ask Morgan, he will tell you what is wrong with it.

It doesn't matter what's wrong with it, I'll be told I need a new machine. I figured a truck mount that has been maintained by the person who sold it should last better than 2100 hours.

We're on our second engine, I'm having mysterious pump problems, now the kill switch failure and the dingled-up blower.[/quote:1roxq3vk]

true, sorry, just a thought to ask him is all.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I am bringing it in to him first thing in the morning. He's just been so dang surly anymore. I think he needs to put on his customer eyeglasses.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
B&BGaryC said:
I am bringing it in to him first thing in the morning. He's just been so dang surly anymore. I think he needs to put on his customer eyeglasses.

When have you known Morgan not to be so dang surly! :lol:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Gary,

Kevin P. has a 45 blower for sale in the Swapmeat here for $350.00.......

Might be worth the freight????? onlly 1000 hrs.....

I have everone on this board to be very honest... Maybe he will let you

return it if you install & have a problem with it????? Do not Know what size

blower you have / hope it fits!!

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
That machine is only gonna be a headache. We are having a blue-line installed next week.

I will keep my eyes out for a roots 47 blower to replace it, but it also has high pressure pump problems and the heat exchangers are past their usual life expectancy. at 1200 bucks a piece plus labor and a three month wait on the part we're better just getting a new machine and putting that one together as a flood pumper or a back-up van at a later date.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom