If Ed York was alive

randy

Name
Randy
I have been thrown out of restaurants twice in my life. Both times I was sitting with Ed. He ruined my reputation in Greenville.[/quote

LOL, too funny Scott, and actually believable. I can see Ed heading into the kitchen to instruct the chef how to cook his meal.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Few people have had the effect me on that Ed York did. He would stick with you through anything if you were teachable. We spoke a few weeks before he passed and I'm forever thankful that I made that call.

timnelson

Ed was responsible for introducing me to Keith Williams, another industry legend. For that, I will always be thankful.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I'm not sure if anyone could know for sure why Ed enjoyed starting arguments, whether it was the California Grape argument that I "endured", Scott's experiences in restaurants, or the quick connect issue (classic Ed York).

I will say that when he was discussing marketing he often started arguments between class attendees in an effort to challenge them to think for themselves. He probably enjoyed the experience, but much could be learned during a post mortem of such discussions.

Whether he was loved or hated, it could be agreed that he was one of a kind.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
He was a facilitator, a catalyst, he made positive changes in an industry that was in it's infancy. He pushed education at a time when there were very few training opportunities.

He fought the Better Business Bureau over the works "Steam Cleaning", believe it or not at one time if you used the term Steam Cleaning you could accused of false advertising.

Ed paved the way to allow us to the term Steam Cleaning.

The list of all those who were at one time associated with him is a who's who list of cleaners, restorers, trainers and manufacturers.

He was the voice of the industry at that time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom