If Value Sells?

S

steamclean

If value sells better then a lower price, then what does value mean to the customer?
Also, what does it mean to you the cleaner?

Thanks

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Generally, a customer won’t appreciate a higher priced, higher level of service until they have been burned. Perception of value can change over time. Customers may also seek out a price based value when their finances change.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
billyeadon said:
Value is the difference between what the customer expects and what she receives.
Bill Yeadon
http://www.strategiesforsuccess.com

Well, if we are going to be doing "Zen type sayings":

"People will only pay for two things: a) A solution to a problem and b) good feelings. Consistently combine the two and you have 'value'."

Island Boy
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS The word "value" has also acquired the meaning of "being frugal" and now has a certain cachet about it. Look for my upcoming article about how to deal with this new American mind-set in Mikey's favorite publisher's magazine.

John Buxton

Lately I have had more and more calls concerning price. I am referral only mostly from the carpet store they bought it from and still I am getting pricing questions. Had one Monday that insisted I give a quote first so she could price check even though her best friend referred me. I priced it at .20 and lost it. Maybe it was me, but she said it was price. Of course this is Indiana not California.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
why can't you people find a way to provide both?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Commodities have a price, ususally set by market pressures. From gasoline to orange juice (and even pork-bellies) a commodity is just a commodity.

If you promote your service as a commodity it will be hard to make it appear to be a good "value".

more...

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
yeah and my customers will leave me when a lower price comes along , right Lee

C

Charlie C

Like Mike said, you build value by throwing in those little things that cost you little but mean alot to the customer. Under Promise and Over Deliver. If you do it right the customer will perceive it as an added value and you get a loyal customer as a result. It sounds simple but I can say that I don't do it enough.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
I have to hand the prize to Ron. He caught Steve T. without a free report!

Steve Toburen said:
Island Boy
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS The word "value" has also acquired the meaning of "being frugal" and now has a certain cachet about it. Look for my upcoming article about how to deal with this new American mind-set in Mikey's favorite publisher's magazine.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The best value is a good relationship with a client.....build a good relationship and everything else falls into place....

-JB-

Name
JB
More thoughts by ...

Jack Handy

JackHandysm.jpg

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am still waiting fir the broke dicks to tell me I am doing it wrong

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Newman said:
I have to hand the prize to Ron. He caught Steve T. without a free report!

Steve Toburen said:
Island Boy
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

Evan wouldn't like it if you guys got the info before his readers did.

Island Boy
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS But just for you, Chris- this is one of the best I have ever done- :)

http://www.strategiesforsuccess.com/179 ... gh-economy

-JB-

Name
JB

if YOU know yore doing it right, hew cares?

familys fed, kids are loved, wife is loved... solthatmatters.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Greg Crowley said:
what are you doing?

Value is also in the presentation, how you position yourself, how you sell your work.
Its like in the thread about highest price, its your own mindset that will limit you to some degree. Market is another.

Greg Crowley said:
why can't you people find a way to provide both?
You can provide good value at a decent price but at a certain point you aren't charging enough to afford to spend the extra time to give that extra value.

ACE said:
Generally, a customer won’t appreciate a higher priced, higher level of service until they have been burned.
I get that a LOT. My client today had a cleaner that left the carpets wet for a week, she's never had one that vacuumed. Many are like that. The majority of people that hire me are the ones that had the $100 house pkgs and realized that they got exactly what they paid for.

Name
Lee Stockwell
If you paid $100 when you should have paid $200 did you save $100 or waste $100?

Especially if you have to do it all over again....

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
so what your saying lee because I am cheaper I don't do as good of a job?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
www.25dollarsaroom.com

I am on the low side in my area but I am unmatched in service. My first job today I went to and did 2 rooms a flight of stairs and chit chatted as always do and the woman mentioned she was having trouble with the central vac and electrolux was coming out next week and want a suggestion for a new upright vac.

I cleaned her vac system and got it working for her, told her with only 2 rooms she should by Electrolux intensity at JobLot for $88.

Vac, Prescrub, Steam clean, scotchgard $143 just over an hour and 20 minutes and got a $50 tip.

Took a bunch of cards and was overly happy. Now I have to do a microfiber sectiona and 2 roomsl at 11:30 then 5 rooms and some furnitureat around 2 2:00.
plus tips in the middle of winter..................Value and Service

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Greg Crowley said:
so what your saying lee because I am cheaper I don't do as good of a job?
i'VE Told clients that if they can dfind someone doing as good a work for the same price, they are getting excellent value.
Its not that you're cheaper Greg, but what are you doing for the money you get?

Just saw your new post.
$143 Vac, Prespray/scrub, SC, and Protect. ANd fix her vacuum 1:20
Knowing what I run into on 2rooms and stairs, you must be a blur. Just T/A's in bedrooms?
I could see that. Bag vac, quick vacuum, get the hose in fast, do the cleaning, talk, fix vac.

You don't have the negotiating at the beginning with the fixed room rate.
I've never learned to clean that fast. Not my style.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
This was a living room and dining room moved the couch and loveseat and coffee table in living room about 150 sq ft and the dining room was about 110 sq ft with nothing in it and 6 steps leading up. Vacuum took about 10 minutes it was a broken cover and a clog. If you can't do that in 80 minutes running 100 ft out you are taking too much time

I chitchat after the prescrub to increase dwell time

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Greg Crowley said:
This was a living room and dining room moved the couch and loveseat and coffee table in living room about 150 sq ft and the dining room was about 110 sq ft with nothing in it and 6 steps leading up. Vacuum took about 10 minutes it was a broken cover and a clog. If you can't do that in 80 minutes running 100 ft out you are taking too much time

I chitchat after the prescrub to increase dwell time
Depends on the vacuuming. If you whip the vac over that area, I can see 10 min, I prob would have been at least 20. its hard to really compare until both are in the same room. I'll give it more vac time, more scrub time, and I'm prob slower on the wand.

BTW, my price based on your sf is $173. $30 more. I'm not charging a lot, or excessive, or ripping anyone off, but I charge by sf, so when it gets to be 1000sf and 2 full flights of stairs, it starts to add up.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i just had work done on my personal truck. i got 3 estimates including the dealer. i used the company with the best reputation. i paid $750.00 more then the dealer wanted and i felt like i got a great value. value to me is a job exceeding my expectations.

i would pay Ron to clean my carpets because he would be a great value. he actually cares about the job and that is something i look for when i hire someone. customers that are not price shopping pick up on these traits.

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom