If you advertised on a bill board what would you put on in?

Bob Foster

I have a chance to get a billboard and graphics cheap for a 3 or 4 month period. What would you put on it to attract some immediate business?

20 wide 10 ft tall

-JB-

Name
JB
"We suck & we all ready know it, don't bother calling!"
WeSuck.jpg

dallasdj

I tried a 500/mo billboard for 1 year...produced 2 low end jobs that never repeated nor refered.

Best advice I can give for the short time I've been in biz, take those billboard monies and hire a sharp woman (they do exist) to introduce your company to carpet dealers. Have her go every week maybe twice if you can afford it passing out trial offer cards and brochures. It will take a few months but the referals are top notch. You'll benefit from doing a free demo at their dealership.

If you have any questions email me. I have lots of good secrets but there are members here in my area.

By the way, excellent website, I may use it as a template for my own. CHEERS!

Rex Tyus

Bill Board advertising is great for restaurants or gas stations on the interstate. As for carpet cleaning if you need a tax write off to lower you income bracket go for it. Other wise I can't think of anything to put on one that would give a reasonable return on investment, unless they paid you for your time to entertain the thought.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Put a picture of yourself on the bill board with the question beside it asking "Have you seen this man?"

Then at the bottom say "then you haven't had you carpets cleaned lately."

Oh ... and don't forget your phone number.

rgerard

I would put

Want that nasty, stinky carpet fixed?...Call now #[your most memorable number here]

short and sweet/to the point.......stress to call now.....and make sure the sign is not in a cell phone dead zone!!!

Bob Foster

How about

LOOK DOWN...............NOT NOW, YOU'RE DRIVING!

WHEN YOU GET HOME

THEN CALL BRAVO CARPET & UPHOLSTERY CARE!

I know, I can do better.

GRHeacock

A picture of wife, baby, dog or truck- in that order.

"For the finest carpet, furniture, rug cleaning, call (Your number)"

That allows it to be big, and simple.

Gary

Bob Foster

It has a possibility of contra for the billboard so that's why I am looking at it. It's a grand a month and $270 for graphics otherwise.

IF (and that's a big if) I decide to go ahead I want some call to action on the board so people will call.

If it was my money I wouldn't do it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Bob
We have a billboard on our property, the sign company pays us rent for it's space.

I've often thought about doing one but to be honest, I couldn't tell you what is on the board now.

I only notice it when they change it, then I don't notice it again until it changes.

It just blends in with the background! I would only do it as a test and on a short term as you said!

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I'd rather do you the sides of a vehicle/truck as they are rolling bill boards and more effective. Is that an option?

If you're going to go with the above, then simple clear message is the key.

Is it situated where traffic will actually stop? If so, then a toll free number may work great for people calling from cells.

If it's on a main drag with people moving all the time, a website may be better so long as it's easily remembered.

John

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Depending on the road and traffic conditions, I've heard bill-board experts state, 5 to 7 words is the most you can count on people being able to read as they drive past.

It is rare someone will write down or remember a number they saw while driving. So the company name must stick int heir mind. They can then look you up later in the YP.

Scott Warrington

Dolly

Anything Wayne Miller could dream up..........

But it is risky and your dollars would be better spent
on your van or a talented Women like was mentioned above.

rgerard

I have to agree about the talented women.

I am looking for that in my marketing program also.

Thanks to glides the ladies can also work my wand.:roll:

Thanks GREENGLIDES for the present!
It was unexpected; I thought it was a shirt…lol

RandyG.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom