If you are not currently prescrubbing you are a hack

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I always used a hard bristled rake a rotovac and, then I went to host machine and wand(sometimes host and rotovac) and then I ran into some really trashed places and decided to pull out the 175. I am not saying I invented anything. I am just saying the difference in every situation is substantial and if you have the tools you should be using them. If you want to do the best job possible. I do everything I can to do the best job possible from my water to equipment and technic and method

Greenie

I'll add to Steve's quote:

"With high flow and 2.5" hose that is usually NOT the case."

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
prescrub or you're a hack

Hi Greg,

I was curious about something wrote a few days ago regarding your cleaning routine. Before you started pre-scrubing you said you used your Rotovac and then wand? So you weren't using your Rotovac for cleaning the carpets, just for agitating pre-spray?

Why not use it for what it's designed? You're covering a lot of ground over and over and over?

I'm not judging or being critical... I'm curious because I[m a beginner. I was thinking of getting a new/used rotovac powerwand or 360. Now, I've got some reservations. I've heard some praise the powerwand and other criticize it. What's your opinion/observation?

Thanks a lot,

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I used the Rotovac the way it was meant to be used but I liked the extra wand strokes to take out the swirl marks and help with the drying by removing excess moisture

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
prescrubbing

Hey Greg,

I had a small apartment to do in a Senior Citizen Assisted living center. The old gal that lived there was having problems holding her water this last year or so.. and the smell confirmed it when I got there but I actually anticipating it to be worse. She'd never had her carpets cleaned while living there. The carpets are CGD. The apartment was empty so I thought I'd experiment by pre-scrubbing because I'd never seen anyone do this before and it was never mentioned in any trainings I'd attended.

The building super intendant was thrilled with how the carpets cleaned up. He thought he was going to have to replace them they were so bad. I noticed I did not have to repeated wand or bear down at all.. cleaned up so easy. Took a little longer with the extra step thrown in there but I feel it was worth the trade off in extra time cleaning, lugging the 175 etc. The tenant daughter paid me and the super threw me a $40 tip for my the work.

I'm convinced but I'm not sure how my success will be on other types of carpet. Since this was my first time I'm sure there are little tricks that will make doing residential carpets better too, like different pads for different carpet types, etc.. The debate will go on about what method is better than the other but I sure did like the results I go on my first try with the pre-scrubbing technique.

Thank GOD I'm not a hack any more 8)
Thanks to all those who have added input on this subject. I can't believe how much I've learned and now put into practice in such a short period of time. ALL HAIL MIKEY'S BOARD!

I have two 175's sitting in the garage that I use for VCT and used to use for bonnett cleaning. I'd love to throw one on the van for prescrubing, but not sure what pad or brush to use. I don't have a shampoo brush but saw one in jondon mag. I do have cotton bonnett's and a couple of the green striped pads. What should I use? Will the shampoo brush harm the carpet fibers in any way?

steve r

aaron, id use the queens bonnet if you dont have a brush.you shouldnt damage any carpet as long as the bonnet or carpet is wet.

what you can do then too is post pad with the cotton bonnets and you dont have to change the driver just carry in pads and bonnets together.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I finally figured out the wheels on the mercury and getting it where I need to have it is soo much easier. I do continue to prescrub almost every job because it seems everyone has spme problem areas and it is quicker and cheaper to prescrub than to walk around spotting.

I cleaned for the VP of Arboonne(got the job because his son in law told him I give away arboone products) and he had a computer desk with a chair mat and filtration soil all around. I cleaned it quick(that is what his daughter wanted) I told her I thought it needed a scrub, so I scrubbed and bang good as new. Line up about 3 big jobs from that

and this windfall all started with the gallon of green paint. It has brought in thousands in extra dough and now I say I think this area needs a prescrub and invoice $10.00 extra per room(not much for you big billers but lots to me 10-15 rooms a day0

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom