If you could only have 1

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
175 because it out scrubs a crb all day everyday

crb lifts crap out like fluff/hair and grit but is a blind mans scrubber, the stuff a 175 leaves behind no one knew was there so why bother??

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Crb because I use it way more often than my 175. But it also depends on what your list of services entails.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Much more versatile of a tool
and better for encrapping or bonnet cleaning com

also shears soil off the fiber better than a CRB
anyone that says different is lying or willfully blind
(due to loving the light wt and ease of CRB compared to 90+pound rotory )

..L.T.A.

FredC

Village Idiot
I suppose if all I did was nasty empty rentals I'd say 175

but as an overall quick precrubber of furnished residential I'd say CRB

175 is more versatile

Reactions: Deke Hatley

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
zaccally
AND carrying up and down steps, etc

That's what he means by "easier"
neither are hard to run once set-up

..L.T.A.

Yep going upstairs with a 175 is never fun. Especially when the stairs are a beautiful finished wood product.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Can u post a pic
dunno what Lee's looks like (prob nicer than mine) but handle I put on deck of my backup. My main one (polivac) have factory handle
20190623_165255.jpg

steve_64

Do you clean many homes with a 2nd floor. Carrying a 175 up stairs in a furnished home can be challenging.
But as a first choice I'd get a 175 and a mal grit brush as well as the pad driver.

It's a cheaper set up and more versatile. Then save up for the crb.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Using a dirty ass 175 on a residential carpet is for the 97% of other cleaners in this TRADE!

I bet Boyle uses a 175

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
If you're for maximum scrubbing power, you'll leave that 175 at the curb and use a Cimex. Nothing out scrubs a Cimex. Good luck loading and unloading it and trying to get upstairs by yourself. I have a Cimex, a 175 with a tank and brush and a crb. I choose the crb 100% of the time because its lighter and scrubs great. There is nothing I can't do on carpets with the crb that I could better with a 175. There is also a learning curve with a 175, you don't want a newbie putting it through a wall. The crb has no side torque. Anyone can learn to use it in 30 seconds. You want a tool that you like using, you will use it more. You will hate that 175 first time you have to get it upstairs.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I agree with both sides on this one.

A 175 generally has more grunt force as an overall scrubber. It can do encap, bonnet cleaning, and floor care. It also has a learning curve before techs can work with it safely.

On the other hand, a CRB is lighter to load and unload. There's no learning curve. A CRB lifts crud out of the carpet, can be used for encap, pre-spray, dry compound, dry soil recovery, and T&G scrubbing.

Here's another advantage for using a CRB. What's the customer perception of a rotary machine? Janitor. It's hard to shake that image from the customer's mind. Whereas a CRB looks like a more specialized tool. At least, it's not something they've likely seen or are familiar with.

I remember what Bob Whittkamp taught in my old IICRC classes. The more motors you can engage - the more impressive it looks to the customer. Pre-scrubbing with any machine has a twofold advantage: It helps you to clean easier and faster, and it adds one more wow element to your cleaning process.

P.S. What Ron said is also spot on: "If you're for maximum scrubbing power, you'll leave that 175 at the curb and use a Cimex. Nothing out scrubs a Cimex."

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
If you want a tool for residential, and decide on 175, at least go with rotovac
360. You can change the head for 175 effect. Light to carry up those steps.
But still, crb and rotovac is killer combo. I Do Not have a Dev., Board du jour, or not,
but I’m guessing that’s a tool to have.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom