If you could re-floor your home with anything..

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
LVT

I install a lot and really like the feel of a quality LVT and Pad.

second choice

Saltillo all rooms, i love them but wife hates em lol

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
Id pour Epoxy, I did LVT in my upstairs and its great very tough... 4 years in and no real wear but when it starts to look bad ill flood coat epoxy over the top with a urethane top coat.

Reactions: Fat Mike

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Id pour Epoxy, I did LVT in my upstairs and its great very tough... 4 years in and no real wear but when it starts to look bad ill flood coat epoxy over the top with a urethane top coat.
Thats the process I’m going to use to make my Redwood slab desk.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
cool, what epoxy are you using? my favorite is Norklad 100. 100% solids and doesnt bubble very much, very low VOC. Leggari products has good epoxy too.

Ive been practicing on a bunch of table tops going to do my kitchen counter tops this summer

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
cool, what epoxy are you using? my favorite is Norklad 100. 100% solids and doesnt bubble very much, very low VOC. Leggari products has good epoxy too.

Ive been practicing on a bunch of table tops going to do my kitchen counter tops this summer
I forget the name. I have it saved in my bookmarks. It’s some sort of counter top epoxy that makes no heat as it cures. Looked pretty easy to work with.

Reactions: Acp

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
If you use a heat gun and just fan it very lightly, the bubbles rise and pop. You will get complete clarity; how often does that happen in our lives?

Reactions: Fat Mike

Mikey P

Administrator
We currently have carpet in the master and guest br, porcelain plank or tile everywhere else..

I think I would have gone LVP but the jury is still out..

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
What would you put in the..

Our rental house

Lr - carpet
Dr - LVT
Kitchen - LVT
Baths -LVT
Hall - LVT
Bedrooms - carpet

Our House

What would you put in the..

Lr - Oak hardwood with rug
Dr - wood-like laminate
Kitchen - wood-like laminate
Baths - ceramic tile
Bedrooms 2 - Oak hardwood with rug
3rd Bedroom - carpet

In our rental all food areas, and hall to the bedrooms are looking brand new after 2 years of LVT along with front and rear entries to the house. Bedrooms are soft and warm all carpeted, as is the LR. They have 2 dogs, one medium size and the other is a German Shepard!

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
How's the grout treating you?

I have no issue keeping it clean considering the tools and products I have available whenever I have the need to use them. I did once make the mistake of using an acid made for another purpose and caused the evacuation those unfortunates who once lived with me....

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
t&g definitely harder on the body than other floors outside of straight concrete

Reactions: hogjowl

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom