If you could start another business, What would it be?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Doc Holliday said:
When I grow up I want to a Scientist who studies the seasonal migration of tropical fish.

in a fish tank! :|
You ate the lead paint chips didn't you Sweeney? :wink:

ate is soo passed tense!!! Besides I prefered to help Chemistry grad students change out valves on all their very nasty pressurised chemicals in the experimental Physics and Modeling shop! What I learned: never believe a grad student that says they have left the bottle open under a vent hood for several days expecielly if its Silcone TetraChloride! http://www.vngas.com/pdf/g76.pdf

Made for a tense couple of minutes!!!

Spurling

I thought about doing a topless carwash .. 1 near every college .. get a pressure washer, some soap and a few hot chicks ..

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I thought about doing a topless carwash .. 1 near every college .. get a pressure washer, some soap and a few hot chicks ..

I like it. The only quality control you need are hot chicks :D

Albert

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
start a busn doing all the marketing and phone calls for small busn types that never seem to have the time to do the marketing and phone calls, find a half doz companies and rotate through the week. Help them to make a ton of money so I can charge more :)

hogjowl

Idiot™
If my Father-In-Law was not already in pest control, I would seriously consider getting my license and doing that, along with the cleaning. However, that's not an option cuz I like the old bugger.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Security Service and Private Investigation along with serving warrants and summons

Jimbo

I would also consider the car wash...if there is no way to purchase the other one.

I had a buddy in Wyoming that got a bit of an inheiritance in the early 80's...and he bought a carwash...I went to see him about 6 months later...and he had 55 gallon buckets...full of quarters! Nice!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
If I had the money I would buy all of the carpet cleaning companies up in my town. The local Chem-dry is for sale. But who wants a chem dry with 15 year old vans and old ass buffers.

CarpetKING

I have recently started an Ebay business selling mid to hi-end home audio. Its fun because I've always been an audiophile and I get to demo different speakers/receivers etc. and I make pretty good money as well! Alot easier and more fun than carpet cleaning! Check me out gville76 - I have 7 listings right now.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I wanted to start a septic pumping company. Buddy owns a plumbing co. and sez he could keep me busy. But my wife sez I smell bad enough already.

STOP GLOBAL COOLING!

rick imby

Name
Rick
Building websites

I've been doing it for 5 years. I have owned a bicycle shop for 29 years. Last year I made more on my websites than I did from the shop. Making money while I am sleeping, or biking or whatever. I averaged over 2,000 visitors a day to one of my sites last year. Trying to have a 10,000 visitor day this year.

************ Just a couple of quotes from our President

The United States has been enriched by Muslim Americans. Many other Americans have Muslims in their families or have lived in a Muslim-majority country - I know, because I am one of them.
Barack Obama

The United States is not, and never will be, at war with Islam.
Barack Obama

Tracfone Wireless Yearly Plan

Straight Talk vs Tracfone Prepaid

Straight Talk R810c Smart Phone Review

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
My wife and I own a general store that my grandparents built in 1936. If I could make any money at it I would reopen it as a general store/ tourist attraction like The Mast General Store in the mountains of N.C. Right now I let a group of people in my community use it to host music on Friday nights. Check it out here at www.bynumfrontporch.com. In the picture I am the one with the little Chinese girl in the store.

My next choice would be the self storage business. I am an investor in one and the guy makes tons of money and is sort of a passive income.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Thats a nice building! Why dont you turn it into a restaurant. I bet alot of those old timers would come there for breakfast, and talk about the old days.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Joey, that thought has crossed my mind more than once. A good southern style breakfast joint is needed around here. Don't mean to brag, but I am a pretty decent cook when it comes to breakfast and burgers and steaks. I have friends and relatives who rave about my secret cheeseburger recipe.

It would take a pretty good chunk of money to get the building to pass inspection though.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
even if you just opened for breakfast. It takes awhile to get your money back on a restaurant but think about this..........You know you would be providing a service that everyone will enjoy, and talk and tell all of their friends, You can actually waych your customers eat and enjoy their food. And you can watch and grin and say.... I did that

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Yea, I think I would love it. Just open for breakfast and lunch then call it a day. I could hire me some toothless waitresses like at the waffle house.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
The bad thing is that alot of the older women around here still dip snuff. You don't want that splatter on your plate. I am always a little cautious during communion at church. Nothing like an old lady talking to you with a gurgling sound in her throat and the smell of Tube Rose scotch snuff on her breath.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom