If you had 100k how would you spend it?

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Right now, if you were given a loan for 100k - how would you spend that money? Marketing, buy a truck? Machine? Update your building?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Depends on the interest rate and terms.
2% is a whole lot different then 12%.

To answer the question, would keep it for equipment/van related stuff never marketing.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Having run through a big pile of money the last several years I'd save most of it and only spend it on what has to be replaced, repaired or updated. I'd spend some on marketing just to keep.the plane flying but I'd tuck the rest away for a rainy day. There's a lot to say for being liquid, I hate asking for money when I need it. Its much easier to borrow when you don't need it. Liquid is good.

But if you're talking about 100K loan, I'd tend to agree with Mark, going into Winter I wouldn't want to take on the extra burden. I can get by with the equipment we own, I'm in a good position with vehicles and while I could spend the 100k on resurfacing our lot,we can get by for several more years as it is.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
I guess I should say .. " A line of credit". This way you only pay on what you borrow. I think i'd do some massive marketing campaigns, make some improvements in our building and keep most of the credit line open for random purchases that are necessary.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

steve_64

Welcome back Steve!

What's new? ?

ive been keeping busy. a newer account wants me to email the invoices instead of snail mail now so i had to get back online.

i had a long day today, still winding down but ready for bed now.

Name
George Valliant
I'd think about purchasing a commercial, single or multi family property that would generate a positive cash flow each month. Keep it until it's paid off and it will be income during your retirement.. the tax benefits alone almost make it worth it.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ben

I believe you have three trucks now, are they all full time, six days a week at this point?
What Is your marketing budget now?

How many trucks are you after?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If the building is in need of repair then by all means do so but if it's just cosmetic and not necessary I'd not borrow against the credit line. It just costs you too much. What about refinancing your note and adding in the improvements you're wanting to make?

If you're going to spend it on marketing I'd plot your strategy very quickly the Holiday's will be soon upon us. After that I'd hold tight and layout your plan for the new year with a big Spring campaign.

I think I'd layout your plan using as little from the credit line as possible. Implement the plan and as you see a return, reinvest it into your plan and slowly pay down the credit line.

Reactions: Russ T.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
youins' should reconsider my advice ..
as our financial situation in this country
will be such..that currency will be worthless..
yes..i would invest in margaritas.....yep!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Talking about that loan Ben.
What about the report on how your new SS 1200 is doing? How do you like it so far?

...and is it for sale yet? I'd love to help you pay that loan :winky:
That's just uncalled for Ofer! :madd:

Hell, he's only had it a month......give him another 5-months before he tires of it and wants to try something else! :lol:

Name
I'm Rick James
Why do you need a loan? You were bragging on the other forum about your wife's company is making 100K a month carpet cleaning..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
1.2 from carpet cleaning from 3-trucks?
Shhheeeet son, you're in the wrong business you need to be selling marketing plans. :headbang:

You do have to give him credit, he has a wife. I figured as much as he switches machines he switched girlfriends too! :p

Sorry Ofer you can't buy his cast off girlfriends now........ only a cleaning unit in a few months. :winky:

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Mikey: We're running 4 trucks currently. We run 5 days a week with 2-3 jobs per truck each day. My goal is to get us up to 10 trucks by 2015 May. I usually spend around 10K a month on marketing but I'm planning to start ramping that up to begin saturating our market place.

I'm rebuilding our entire website right now and its going to be KICK ASS.

Brent : My wife's company? What are you talking about?

Brent I thought you were smarter than you make yourself out to be. My company is called SURDI ENTERPRISE LLC. Under this umbrella I own and operate several other DBA's. One of which is PURECLEAN. I am the owner of this company big guy.

And yes, we did 100K in september and 101K in August. Would you like to see my PnL?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I guess I should say .. " A line of credit". This way you only pay on what you borrow. I think i'd do some massive marketing campaigns, make some improvements in our building and keep most of the credit line open for random purchases that are necessary.

Ohh ok, we have one of those.

With m&t its an express loan, can go up to $100k whenever you want.
Have not used it in a while but like to know i can whenever we need to.

Mikey P

Administrator
Mikey: We're running 4 trucks currently. We run 5 days a week with 2-3 jobs per truck each day. My goal is to get us up to 10 trucks by 2015 May. I usually spend around 10K a month on marketing but I'm planning to start ramping that up to begin saturating our market place.

I'm rebuilding our entire website right now and its going to be KICK ASS.

Brent : My wife's company? What are you talking about?

Brent I thought you were smarter than you make yourself out to be. My company is called SURDI ENTERPRISE LLC. Under this umbrella I own and operate several other DBA's. One of which is PURECLEAN. I am the owner of this company big guy.

And yes, we did 100K in september and 101K in August. Would you like to see my PnL?

damn :rockon:, should I put up another Airpath auction now?

Reactions: joey895

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
I actually have really been considering it. Everyone keeps telling me that but I'd feel more comfortable if I had a mentor!

Amazing numbers congrats!

You need to add WDR to your service offering and easily double those numbers in that large market.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
The question is are you killing yourself for that $100k month or is it smooth everyday?

If smooth then its time to grow!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom