If you had 100k how would you spend it?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd hire a consultant just to make sure they keep you on track. You already know Chuck V. they offer the service. They offer weekly or monthly calls depending on the help you want.

Average wdr ticket is $3000.00 with your database alone you can easily generate enough work to make the investment in time and effort worthwhile. 33-water losses a month and you'd do your 100K .

Actually it may not even need that many, what actually happens is you'll get some that will 5-8K and some that will be $1500.00-$2000.00K so you may only need 20-25 losses.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree with that Shane, I'd only do it if I were pretty certain that money is coming back. Lots of marketing campaigns don't turn out like we want them to.

We did a 10,000 drop for an Air Duct coupon and not a single call. Demographics were right, timing should be right, its fall just before the home heating season. I should have at least got two or three calls that would have covered the cost but zip...nada...nothing. Wrong vehicle for this service I guess??

Anyway I wouldn't want to blow borrowed money and not get a return that at least breaks even.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Its pretty smooth. Just hired a new office assistant/marketing assistant to help my office manager which will help. Probably going to hire an outside sales rep pretty soon to start pushing into the commercial side of things harder.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
I'm doing a 30 Thousand piece drop with a 11x17 flyer. Should be interesting to see how this responds. Also putting out a large post card to 50K people next week. I'll track everything and if it works than we will just increase our distribution.

Name
I'm Rick James
Mikey: We're running 4 trucks currently. We run 5 days a week with 2-3 jobs per truck each day. My goal is to get us up to 10 trucks by 2015 May. I usually spend around 10K a month on marketing but I'm planning to start ramping that up to begin saturating our market place.

I'm rebuilding our entire website right now and its going to be KICK ASS.

Brent : My wife's company? What are you talking about?

Brent I thought you were smarter than you make yourself out to be. My company is called SURDI ENTERPRISE LLC. Under this umbrella I own and operate several other DBA's. One of which is PURECLEAN. I am the owner of this company big guy.

And yes, we did 100K in september and 101K in August. Would you like to see my PnL?

You're wife's last name is surdi right?

No ben you're mistaken.. I believe you when you say that you do over 100K a month, I mean you have the track record to show you are always honest about your business. I believe ..

Reactions: Chris A

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Thank God for displacement activities, don't know how i would make it through the day otherwise. :winky:

Name
Dale Compton
I'm doing a 30 Thousand piece drop with a 11x17 flyer. Should be interesting to see how this responds. Also putting out a large post card to 50K people next week. I'll track everything and if it works than we will just increase our distribution.

How much are those two things costing ?

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
I own a printing company so I have very aggressive pricing and also very high end stock. Can do banners, and much more.

Brent, the forums would do much better without you my friend. All you do is try to find error in everything instead of appreciating someones success and learning from it. Its just getting old to say the least.

Name
I'm Rick James
I own a printing company so I have very aggressive pricing and also very high end stock. Can do banners, and much more.

Brent, the forums would do much better without you my friend. All you do is try to find error in everything instead of appreciating someones success and learning from it. Its just getting old to say the least.

You're mistaken.. I do appreciate someones success and do learn from it.

Last edited:
Name
George Valliant
dump it all in advertising! :)

Instead of dumping that kind of money into a single carpet cleaning business what do you think about the idea of setting up a legitimate carpet cleaning franchise and selling franchises?

Certainly it would be easier to manage, expand, and much higher profit margins than running a single carpet cleaning business of that magnitude

Right?

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I sure would not spend it on marketing. That is a quick way to be out of business.

Here is our guiding principles.

Debt is not a good thing except on trucks. No trucks. No production. No production. No money!

What else could you possible buy if you are 4 trucks or less like most of the guys on this board that you can not budget and save for.

Even restoration equipment in most areas can be rented until you can build up and purchase your own.

If you own your building putting money in it might be a good thing. If you do not own the building it had better be something that at the end of the year you can help show a profit to the bottom line. Labor savings, expanding on existing services you already have a revenue stream from etc.

Unless you are some guru marketing wiz never go into debt for advertising. It is not a build it and they will come. There are probably guys on this board if they where honest who would tell you they did it and blew it. Indianapolis has one story here in the last decade that I know of and the guy is lucky to be back in his own truck and doing well.

CASH IS KING. You should be saving towards 2-3 month operating expenses in your reserve fund. Just because it is your company check book does not mean it is yours.

Don't be asking how much you can borrow ask how much can you profit and save. Debt is not the best way to profits.

Right now, if you were given a loan for 100k - how would you spend that money? Marketing, buy a truck? Machine? Update your building?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I sure would not spend it on marketing. That is a quick way to be out of business.

Here is our guiding principles.

Debt is not a good thing except on trucks. No trucks. No production. No production. No money!

What else could you possible buy if you are 4 trucks or less like most of the guys on this board that you can not budget and save for.

Even restoration equipment in most areas can be rented until you can build up and purchase your own.

If you own your building putting money in it might be a good thing. If you do not own the building it had better be something that at the end of the year you can help show a profit to the bottom line. Labor savings, expanding on existing services you already have a revenue stream from etc.

Unless you are some guru marketing wiz never go into debt for advertising. It is not a build it and they will come. There are probably guys on this board if they where honest who would tell you they did it and blew it. Indianapolis has one story here in the last decade that I know of and the guy is lucky to be back in his own truck and doing well.

CASH IS KING. You should be saving towards 2-3 month operating expenses in your reserve fund. Just because it is your company check book does not mean it is yours.

Don't be asking how much you can borrow ask how much can you profit and save. Debt is not the best way to profits.

Great post Tom. If not for my wife having the same philosophy, I probably could have fallen into so of the same thoughts at times (to spend in areas that won't produce profits). CASH IS KING has also been one of my sayings as well. We have been hit lately with some bad restoration debt (people got the insurance money and it magically just disappeared) and it can all of a sudden play havoc on you. We are reorganizing at this time, but thankfully, we are always looking at what can be the unexpected. Just sometimes, you cannot plan for all of it!

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Ben,

Take this class, it will teach you how to build your business with cash. Your bank is selling you the money, spend your own. Tom, Mark, Richard and Lee are giving you very good advice, especially about the 3 to 6 months reserve. Learn it while you are young and you will live a less stressful life. Kathie and I volunteer to teach these classes and we love to see lives changed by living debt free. (http://www.daveramsey.com/)

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Yeah I agree with everyone. I have 3 months of reserves in our account and not getting a loan. I was just curious what people would do with 100k.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Well let's say it wasn't alone but I won $100,000 I only have one thing left I would like to buy for myself and my family and that is a cabin in the mountains. So I would put a monster down payment on our dream cabin

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Well let's say it wasn't alone but I won $100,000 I only have one thing left I would like to buy for myself and my family and that is a cabin in the mountains. So I would put a monster down payment on our dream cabin

That sounds like the best plan yet, except it would be on the lake for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom