If you own a brain, pease read

Mikey P

Administrator
ATTENTION- GET YOURSELF TO THE HOSPITAL AT THE FIRST SIGN OF THE FOLLOWING:

Symptoms of stroke include trouble walking, speaking, and understanding, as well as paralysis or numbness of the face, arm, or leg.

People may experience:

Muscular: difficulty walking, instability, paralysis with weak muscles, problems with coordination, stiff muscles, overactive reflexes, or paralysis of one side of the body

Visual: blurred vision, double vision, sudden visual loss, or temporary loss of vision in one eye

Whole body: fatigue, lightheadedness, or vertigo

Speech: difficulty speaking, slurred speech, or speech loss

Sensory: pins and needles or reduced sensation of touch

Facial: muscle weakness or numbness

Limbs: numbness or weakness

Also common: difficulty swallowing, headache, inability to understand, mental confusion, or rapid involuntary eye movement

THERE ARE MEDICATIONS THAT WILL PREVENT THE BRAIN DAMAGE CAUSED BY A STROKE IF ADMINISTERED WITHIN THE FIRST FEW HOURS

IF YOU LIVE ALONE AND ARE AT RISK, GET A "HELP I'VE FALLEN AND I CANT GET UP KNECKLACE"

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
ATTENTION Call 911 AT THE FIRST SIGN OF THE FOLLOWING:

Symptoms of stroke include trouble walking, speaking, and understanding, as well as paralysis or numbness of the face, arm, or leg.

People may experience:

Muscular: difficulty walking, instability, paralysis with weak muscles, problems with coordination, stiff muscles, overactive reflexes, or paralysis of one side of the body

Visual: blurred vision, double vision, sudden visual loss, or temporary loss of vision in one eye

Whole body: fatigue, lightheadedness, or vertigo

Speech: difficulty speaking, slurred speech, or speech loss

Sensory: pins and needles or reduced sensation of touch

Facial: muscle weakness or numbness

Limbs: numbness or weakness

Also common: difficulty swallowing, headache, inability to understand, mental confusion, or rapid involuntary eye movement

THERE ARE MEDICATIONS THAT WILL PREVENT THE BRAIN DAMAGE CAUSED BY A STROKE IF ADMINISTERED WITHIN THE FIRST FEW HOURS

IF YOU LIVE ALONE AND ARE AT RISK, GET A "HELP I'VE FALLEN AND I CANT GET UP KNECKLACE"

After working 911 in a busy area as an EMT for 5 years I learned that most people are scared to call 911

Most CVA (stroke) calls people experience one side of there body is weak... so doing a strength test you ask them to reach out and squeeze your hands

Also not every hospital can handle a stroke it needs to be a specialty hospital so don’t throw grandma in the back of your van and be the hero and rush her to the hospital call a professional

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
At the suspected beginning of a suspected heart attack or stroke, it is recommended to chew a couple of aspirin. Apparantly it thins the blood and can prevent a blood clot.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
At the suspected beginning of a suspected heart attack or stroke, it is recommended to chew a couple of aspirin. Apparantly it thins the blood and can prevent a blood clot.

Yes remember all the other medications that they are taking and make sure that it isn’t contraindicated (not allowed)

Also if you take an aspirin because your a dumb overweight carpet cleaner and are having chest pain and you’ll wait it out to see if you feel better or if it was the 5 double cheese burgers for dinner Or a heart attack again just make the call

Have an ambulance come out and do the job

Don’t think your a medic also

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
On several occasions I've turned around and drove back to my house cuz I realized
I forgot my nitro......

Reactions: Mikey P

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Good reminder, as most people have no idea what a stroke looks like. If you can get someone to a hospital faster than an aid car, great, but better to just call 911. If you're having a stroke you're going to have a tough time getting to the hospital.

Mine was minor, I couldn't put a sentence together. Strength is back but handwriting is still terrible.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
Yes that’s right!

Most common is one sided weakness
Slurred speech
Confusion
Not able to form sentences
Also check pupils they should be the same size and reactive to light

Early intervention will help the most and prevent living with deficits to one side of the body

Can’t tell you how many times I went out and people finally call 911 and say grandma has been acting weird for a few days and having trouble walking or talking ....

I then wonder if they also were having a stroke and that’s why they didn’t call 911 immediately!

steve_64

I think many of us have so many symptoms on a regular basis we don't know when it's time to call for help.
I think being week on one side would be the most obvious for me because it's the only symptom I haven't experienced.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
the problem isn't always fully apparent to oneself, when I had a brain bleed I thought I'd put my neck out badly

when I rung a friend to see if he could drive me to a&e I thought I was coherent etc.. he thought I was blind drunk babbling

Mikey P

Administrator
Good reminder, as most people have no idea what a stroke looks like. If you can get someone to a hospital faster than an aid car, great, but better to just call 911. If you're having a stroke you're going to have a tough time getting to the hospital.

Mine was minor, I couldn't put a sentence together. Strength is back but handwriting is still terrible.

You had one?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I was talking with two employees and they were both smiling and trying to help put my words in order. I called the nearest hospital for advice (not sure if I could talk or they figured it out) and they told me to call 911 immediately. I was taken to a hospital set up to specialize in care for strokes, which is probably why I can say the long-term effects were minor.

That's why posts like this are great. I couldn't recognize my own issue.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If you couldn’t recognize it, why’d you call the hospital
I knew something was wrong, I didn't know it was a stroke. Asking my coworkers wasn't going to help since they didn't know either.

Sort of like guys that come here looking for medical advice when they should just talk to a medical professional?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I knew something was wrong, I didn't know it was a stroke. Asking my coworkers wasn't going to help since they didn't know either.

Sort of like guys that come here looking for medical advice when they should just talk to a medical professional?
Take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning. If I don't hear from you, I'll know it didn't work.

Name
Matt Ross
It's easy to assume your healthy. I ignored minor symptoms of cancer for a couple years before figuring it out. I could have saved myself alot of pain and suffering by taking care of it earlier. It pays to pay attention and have a competent general doctor. Typing this as I go into my radiation treatment for the day.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
pretty sure a past employee of mine was having a heart attack or stroke, hes only 37 but takes horrible care of himself... whiskey, nothing but red meat, no exercise ever, smoker, etc

he got to a job and his entire arm went numb and he was feeling super light headed, he refused to call 911 but called me to say he was driving himself to the fire station. He claims the fireman told him he was completely healthy and did EKG etc on him.. symptoms went away.. Im sure the fireman told him to see his Dr. but of course he didnt even though he has full health coverage.

Glad hes a past employee and not my problem anymore, dude probably wont make it to 50

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
the body can do weird things at times, couple years ago while driving I lost all feeling in my arms but still had full control of them.
I was banging them on steering wheel but couldnt feel it, carried on driving 20mins to hospital.
They put me under observation ran whole lot of checks all normal other than no feeling, couple hrs later it just came back and they sent me home.
Still no idea? :headscratch:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I was talking with two employees and they were both smiling and trying to help put my words in order. I called the nearest hospital for advice (not sure if I could talk or they figured it out) and they told me to call 911 immediately. I was taken to a hospital set up to specialize in care for strokes, which is probably why I can say the long-term effects were minor.

That's why posts like this are great. I couldn't recognize my own issue.
Wow I never knew! Hope you are doing fine now.

Back
Top Bottom