If you.....

G

Judson instead of Boxxer; My mutt is pretty awesome though. And nothing is more economical than the Recoil XPS 500 psi machine setup.

TimP

For single wand I like the judson reactor. Possibly with an LP booster.

For dual wand Powerclean Genesis DXT.

Both in a used box truck/van of some sort.

After running a pto in a van I've decided I don't really care for the idea of running off an AC clutch.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I would buy another CDS, unless my work called for constant dual wanding, then I dunno.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If I had to start all over again I would start with the CDS again and work my way up to another Vortex or AT...

The CDS served me well as I was working on growing my company and did not give me any out of the ordinary problems...Once the company took off ..It became a pain to have to hook up water and the APO every damn job and it just could not keep up..It is a good machine to grow a company with but just not one I would want to use forever...As I out grew it I wanted something with more room and I could work out of a bit more efficient.. Or I would of had to get another CDS and hire someone and that is just not a road I want to go down as of yet..so I went to a bigger unit and a bigger truck

hogjowl

Idiot™
I would do nothing different. I'd start out with the economical and dependable TCS slide-ins until I reached the point to where I could affort a larger CDS or V/AT unit.

I would NOT, however, consider a portable or an electric weenie unit.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I would do my homework first.
As well as the White Magic worked, It wouldn't last.
after about 800 hours it was already falling apart.

I think the less complicated...the better.

Oh, and powerful is good too.

G

I would like to see an Electric truckmount in action at Mikey Fest, where everyone see's the guages, see's the performance etc.. If it it matches my Boxxer 427 performance and is one cord like Savage I think said, then that would be my next truck mount.

Greenie

ErictheRed said:
..If it it matches my Boxxer 427 performance and is one cord like Savage I think said, then that would be my next truck mount.

You ain't gonna get pressure, heat, and vacuum of a 427 in an elec. machine. And for sure not gonna get it on ONE cord. And to be fair if it burns propane, is it really and Elec. Machine?

If you don't mind LP, and want performance, then get a TM that has the engine and heater runnig on LP, THAT will pack a lot of performance in a simple machine, like the Can-Am with 47 blower.

True electrics are for that step up from a porty to a TM. If you had a 4800w elec. heater, you could have a decent unit if you didn't mind the cord hassle and your hose runs were relatively short.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
jsimon said:
Had it to do over again

What TM would you get?

Why?

that's a tough question.
Cause I really don't know after the death of SteamWay.
I've often thought the Powermatic Legacy, that I loved so much and for so long, would be the cat's azz with a quiet, smooth running 3 cylinder Kobota diesel

I wonder where they would be now, if efforts re-engineer the Powermatic were focused on that in late '90s instead of the abortion 9100

So I donno what I'd buy now.
It WOULD be a slide in cause you get more bang for the buck.

a 45 blower , cause think a 45 blower is the "perfect" blower for single wand use.
I ran a 47 for a few years and had no complainants, but give me a sceemin' 45 any day

sizzling, wand hissing (beyond popping) heat

Don't know what's out there like that anymore.

I pretty sure I wouldn't by a Boxer, nor a White magic.
No Powerclean for me.

So I don't have many options.
I'd be looking at Prochem and BlueLine in the "name brand" TMs

Judson would get a look and maybe even learn more about a Cobb-O-Matic

of maybe be like Bob and his Genies, only I'd be resurrecting Powermatics

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom