If your business is struggling,would you consider....

G

an exclusive sub contractor arrangement for your area,with a company that would provide all marketing and back office support(book jobs,follow up calls,thank you cards etc.-full customer service)

You provide equipment and chems.
What percentage would you require?
minimum book-$119 (400sqft)
add on percentage?

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
That's a tough one. That could be a nice setup if you could figure a percentage that would work for all parties. Everyone is probably different on this one.

Name
steve snail
The operative word here is "struggling". If you are in a hurting position, one would entertain any and all offers to get over the hump. If you could sub contact while building your own business, that might just be an viable option.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
When one finally crunches the numbers in that arrangement they will find that they were getting screwed.

Best to fall back and get a job then do CC part time .

dallasdj

After 7 years man what's up. I'm currently doing the same thing now with a high-end cleaner and it fills in the gaps especially during Winter...right now we do not need him though. I'd never do this part time, might as well get out of cleaning.

Email me, I'll tell you one thing that'll help tremendously without $ out of pocket.

Cheers

danpauselius

Would I consider it ... Sure. But at .30 a sq ft, I'd have to either be getting a ton of work or a large piece of the pie.

If it were profitable enough, I'd just add a truck to handle it.

G

I know a guy in NM does this. Takes home 92,000 a year. He sure does well. The other guy does pretty good he has 3subs. H e gets the work and takes a percentage.

The Preacher

Ron Meyer in LA used to/still does that??? He talked about it at DooDaddys ATL mini fest in 2001. for some reason i thought he did a 50/50 split???

I

G

Hey Dallasdj!
So far only "1" this month? :cry:
Would you mind sharing that one thing with me? :oops:
I'm only cleaning part time , but still "1" job sucks!
I'm in yellow pages , but very few calls?

Thanks, AL

G

This guy does a 60/40 40 for him and 60 for the cleaners. 3 redoos and he finds someone else. He had a guy once he used to call REDO RON

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
if some one else could get the business that I could not then I always asked myself why is that

it was generally due to low ball and up sell

so the answer for me is no

G

I know this would not be for most o/o.
But why did you get into business to begin with? Was it fame(building a large successful business), or was it money(you finally found something that you could make more than $12 hr doing)?

Would $60-$80 an hour sub contracting,be better than going out of business?
I don't know the stats,but I'm sure the % of guys that go belly up is fairly high(I did my first time around).
Maybe you're a GREAT cleaner,but not so great businessman.

I'm thinking about doing this with my business-sub it out.
Just wanted to hear your feedback.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom