ignition coil problems

baker

Name
chad
has anybody ever had an ignition coil smoke and melt? I have a masterblend el diablo, and can't figure out why the one coil
basically catches fire when trying to start the machine. any recommendations are appreciated, thanks

scotty747

Sounds like the coil packs inside got to hot Now instead of coils you have a solid ;piece of metal. Just a guess.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
has anybody ever had an ignition coil smoke and melt? I have a masterblend el diablo, and can't figure out why the one coil
basically catches fire when trying to start the machine. any recommendations are appreciated, thanks
Usually bad plug wires. Faulty connection or building too much resistance creating excessive heat. Replace the plug wires and make sure you have a good connection at both ends.

baker

Name
chad
Usually bad plug wires. Faulty connection or building too much resistance creating excessive heat. Replace the plug wires and make sure you have a good connection at both ends.
the wires are connected to the ignition coil module and they were brand new, literally right out of the box

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
the wires are connected to the ignition coil module and they were brand new, literally right out of the box
They can still be defective. I had that issue with an 18hp Honda engine. The bad connection was at the boot that goes over the spark plug. Had to replace that new coil again. At least it was under warranty.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Insulate the wires,may be open some air vent areas.
Something to safely dissipate the heat..
If other owners do not have similar problem.
Then sounds like you may be missing something they are not?
I truly dunno,,just offering a few ideas.
Best of luck man.
Downtime always picks the worse time...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom