IICRC is now The Clean Trust

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thanks Richard for posting the new logo, what more can I say.???

The logo depicts what it really is, A BALLS-UP hey Marty, blow me

There's an old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

I personally see nothing wrong with the old name nor the old logo, only the mechanism behind the scenes.

That was what needed change.

There are 2 items I have noticed:

1: Someone has the name registered.

2: Those paying their fees could not vote.

I find it incomprehensible to see how people paying money into an organisation cannot vote in the running of that organisation.

After the new committee was chosen and installed, would it not be practical to announce that a new name and logo was to be chosen, then invite participation from all concerned ie; those that have been paying their dues, to submit ideas for both name and logo.??

Did the people (ad agency), that made up the new name, look at it through a consumers eyes that want their carpets cleaned.?

To me, there is not the remotest link in the new name to reflect the various activities encompassed within the old name, namely Certification, Restoration & Cleaning.

After FORTY YEARS, I find it staggering that so few consumers in the USA, and the other 40+ countries where the IICRC is/was conducting training, know very little about the IICRC.

How long will it take for "The Clean Trust" to gain credibility.??

Or will it become "The Clean T rust".

I recently attended a trade show in Australia and spoke with the Australian people at IICRC, they have been back to me and told me that my certification lapsed in 2004.

They are going to contact the IICRC in the 'states to see how much my reinstatement will cost.

This will be interesting.

Disgusted down under. Ivebeensold

LeeCory

I will never waste another nickle with this stupid group of idiots. I would be embarrassed to tell a customer I hold my certification in water damage restoration and applied structural drying with "The Clean Trust". What a f-ing joke.

They may not care what I think but they will also never get another renewal fee from me again.

Bunch of idiots.

The Colon Trust... How about that name idiots.... While your at it, shove your new clean trust name up your asses.

PCCN

Dave Yoakum said:
Cleaner don't need a patch to invoke trust for clients.

They can build trust in more visable, meaningful and less inspencive ways with also having more impact than a patch, van decal or certificate.

This ain't 1990

How stupid do they think clients are?

Trust me, Can't you see my uniform patch?

Agree!

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I got certified a couple years ago after 20 years in business. Passed the test about some very irrelevant cleaning techniques 100% and then after a year didn't renew. I mean after 20 years I gain more credibility wearing a button down shirt and nice shoes than any patch they could offer me. Not one, yes not one customer has asked if I was certified or not used me because I am not. I should come up with a certification company and charge $200 a year for nothing. I could at least come up with a better name than theirs.

How about National cleaning certification institute. We will have an online test for certification(Unlimited open book tries), great logos to impress mrs jones and it will only cost $50 a year?

dan mabes

Is the new name a good idea or not? I don't know.
Obviously, this name change has generated some (some?????) controversy, but why not at least give it some time. Many of the comments posted here have some very credible concerns. But can't we at least take a wait and see attitude????

Dan M

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Dan you need to update your specials, june and July are long gone.

The fact is people can see the hokieness of "The Clean Trust"

They should show some professionalism. Brand a different name like Professional Cleaners Educational Fooundation and then come up with a slogan "The Clean Trust"

LeeCory

dan mabes said:
Is the new name a good idea or not? I don't know.
Obviously, this name change has generated some (some?????) controversy, but why not at least give it some time. Many of the comments posted here have some very credible concerns. But can't we at least take a wait and see attitude????

Dan M

No matter how long I "wait and see" I will never tell a customer I have water damage certification from "The Clean Trust". It just does not seem like it has anything to do with training. It sounds like it is about cleaning and I don't need certification to assure a customer I can clean their carpet.

While I'm sure they don't care... this new change turns me away from thinking they are serious about being an organization about training. They want to be a website that a customer goes to see if a cleaner is part of the "Trust"... lol. This is nothing but the same thing that Joe Polish did with the "ethical" stuff.

Again I am sure they don't care, but I can't send in renewals for my water damage certifications to receive a certificate from "The Clean Trust". I am sure they will do just fine with the 50 or 100 people they retain after this change. I think they want to get rid of the fat and scale back to a very small group of jokers.

I really wish I had known this at Connections when I was told there were exciting things coming. I would have told the idiot at the IICRC table that it will be exciting for me when I cancel my association with this group of clowns.

Bob Foster

Geeze guys, let them at least roll out some more information before you shoot it down. The only thing you have got to go on right now is a few words about a name and the bitter memory of a self-serving group that robbed us of the resources that would have benefited us.

The new guys IMO get that and with that masses disgusted, the onus is on the new crew at The Clean Trust to make it right.

I have the paperwork on my desk to bring my certifications up to date. I'm not tearing them up but I think they can stay on my desk for a while until I decide what to do with it.

Marc Imbesi

The Clean Trust sounds like something outta Ghostbusters...who you gonna call?....Clean Trust! LMAO!

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I would have liked to see the changes first. Then decide on a name change if needed.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Lots of justified anger here at an old organization that did not do what it could or should have.

The new name, however, is 100% better than the IICRC; which has absolutely no meaning.
Zilch.
So, now at least they try to incorporate in the name, what it aims to do for the potential client- the consumer.

Lets give them a chance and see if this represents an actual improvement and a step in the right direction. Clean Trust, if it will do the right thing, can be an important ally to the quality cleaner.

Yes, I know that you don't need their stamp of approval to be a good cleaner. Yada, yada, yada. They are not the enemy and it never hurts to have an ally.

T

TomKing

I told my wife the new name yesterday. She looks at me and says "that is just stupid"

She is right it is and I agree. We then went on to how does this affect us and how do we use this to sell?

We are not going to waste a lot of our time on this. The words IICRC to us indicated something bigger than ourselves and an official sanctioning if you will. We have used it many times in the last few years to land key contracts.

The point to me is not what is happening with the internal politics in this industry but how can I use this to help grow my business. Customers only get what you teach them.

We booked a job 2 weeks ago off the IICRC site and one last week from the CRI. I lost a 10K job 2 years ago by not being a certified firm. I sold a $17,600 job 2 weeks ago and they ask if they could pay me in this fiscal year. Our certification and being an IICRC firm helped us get the job away from a company that has been in business over 40 years and dwarfs us. I simply informed them of the recommendations that the carpet manufacture made for the new flooring and showed them on the web site how the current company was not certified.

We have been working on our messaging for this change. Our thoughts are how we can turn this into something that helps us.

We will probably pitch it as "Mrs. Jones we are a Clean Trust Certified firm. This indication represents the highest level of training and certification available in our industry. What this means Mrs. Jones is when our technicians come to your home you can be assured they have the best training available to properly clean and care for your fine floor coverings and upholstery. Now what would you like for us to take care of today Mrs Jones?" We then can get back to selling.

99.9% of our customers will appreciate that and never ask any questions. If you have been around for a while it may not matter, if you are a young company like ours you need every edge you can get.

As imperfect as this current situation appears it is all this industry has to offer. So until some group comes up with and implements a better idea we are going to make lemonade. So who wants a glass? Step right up only $50.00 a glass!

PCCN

idreadnought said:
I got certified a couple years ago after 20 years in business. Passed the test about some very irrelevant cleaning techniques 100% and then after a year didn't renew. I mean after 20 years I gain more credibility wearing a button down shirt and nice shoes than any patch they could offer me. Not one, yes not one customer has asked if I was certified or not used me because I am not. I should come up with a certification company and charge $200 a year for nothing. I could at least come up with a better name than theirs.

How about National cleaning certification institute. We will have an online test for certification(Unlimited open book tries), great logos to impress mrs jones and it will only cost $50 a year?

Hmmmm, the exact sentiments of MANY of us!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom