IICRC-Worth it anymore

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
My dues are up and I need some cec to keep them happy. Is it worth it anymore. This year I never filled one of there forms out for warranty

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Good question.
I get 1 client from them every few years.
Basically, kind of pays the dues.

Also helps me show it on my marketing stuff.
As every one here says, I never had a single client ask me if I am IICRC certified.

On the other hand annoys me paying those office hugging, do nothing fat asses that DO NOTHING every year.
I guess I have not reached the point of no return yet.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
i ALMOST FORGOT.....

Lyman, is leukemia org Olsen supports close enough to cancer for the fiddy donation???

..L.T.A.

TimP

I'm letting my Certifications go, along with my Certified Firm Status......Actually I'm pretty sure I'm no longer certified :roll:

I wont get them back unless something major changes with the IICRC.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Obtaining IICRC certification is a fine thing. CEC's are good as well. We have to keep up with new technology. The IICRC in concept could be a great entity for our industry. When I was a corporate operations manager I had a huge training budget and extensive programs for the Engineering teams I was responsible for. I value education.

I was surprised when I found out that as a one man show, I had to pay a tax to be a certified firm in addition to my training certs. I was surprised after my first year in business when I got the bill from the IICRC and found out I needed to reach into my pocket, year after year, for each and every certification I had earned and pay the IICRC more money to renew them individually.

Having to pay the has been wannabe self proclaimed industry master to "maintain" IICRC certification is a severe abuse of imagined power. So if I do not pay the annual IICRC maintenance tax on my certifications my skill level decreases and I am not a worthy cleaner anymore? My College degree has not expired yet. I do not believe that the IICRC's primary interest is bettering the Carpet Cleaning industry, the general public or the greater good of mankind.

Just like the BBB. I have a B- rating. Because of a complaint? No. Because I choose not to honor them with MY hard earned income. What gives them the right to have my good company name on thier web site without the A+ rating I work so hard for? Oh ya, that's right, I did not PAY them.

By charging for zip codes to be listed in, the IICRC is turning themselves into just another web directory service. In that arena there is a multitude of more relevant search engine visible options.

I have learned more from MB, ***, and ICS than I did in all of my IICRC cert classes. Is board participation worth a few CEC's?

Sorry about that, carry on.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I let mine go 2 years ago. Since then I had one lady who called with her warranty card in hand wanting to know if I was certified because she wanted to be sure her warranty was kept up. I tried to explain to her that the mills will find a way to void her warranty if they can. Heck my $15,000 truckmount is not certified anyways so what's the use?

There are some great IICRC instructors that I have learned a ton from, but I don't feel like I will loose much by not being certified.

Cameron1

It has helped us alot over the years. We just landed a 10,000 sq. ft. commercial building 3x yearly because the guy went to their website and found us.

It seems we are always getting jobs based on our certications and the iicrc….so we use it in our marketing efforts. Lots of first time clients tell us they like the fact that our company believes in training and keeping up with the latest trends.

From a company standpoint it helps with a completive edge among the guys. They see it as a challenge to get as many certifications as they can and also bragging rights. We have a wall of fame in our front office with a picture of each tech and a framed copy of their iicrc status. We put up all the testimonials for each tech next to their picture. Every morning the guys check the wall for new stuff and start bragging. It’s kind of neat watching them to be honest.

So, we will be keeping our relationship with the iicrc. As with a lot of things in life, you get back what you put in……. attitude or effort.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I think the internet has made an impact on value of the IICRC. They've missed the boat on a lot of things, and are behind the times. People search the internet for their answers rather than go to classes. I'm still all about furthering your education in this industry. There are people that "get it", and they're actually listening to what cleaners want in a class vs what a group of people THINK we need. I think the original intent and meaning of the organization has lost its way.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I did an estimate today and the last question he asked was if I was certified by the IICRC. :shock: I get about 3-4 jobs a year from being a certified firm... I really don't think it means much to be certified(kind of a joke), but I've got work from it. The job I booked today was for $340.00 so dollar for dollar, it's not that bad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom