I'll catch hell for this one

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Well It's that time of year again. We are getting ready to do our biggest job of the year...we do it every 6 months and then when needed in between.

Problem....I always show up to this one. The guy who runs it is expecting me every time...only been said once years ago...but it is understood.

The job is near Sacramento...I am in Dallas....We'll see what happens.

I haven't told him that I was moving...not that it's any of his business...but it could be a problem.

My little brother is more than able to handle but the guy may still throw a fit.

Anyway, I think I might catch hell from him....and a few of you as well for that "crappy customer service" thing.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not that worried about it either way...other than the chance of losing his business. Yes, I think I should be upfront and just call the guy...but it's too late now.
If we are going to lose the job over a stupid ass technicality...then I want to at least do it one more time.

I may be over thinking this. lmao.

Name
Nate W.
I hope you and your bro look alike. Just have him answer to Brian..... :lol: If he doesn't look like you, say he went under facial reconsturctive surgery.... :wink:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
I am sure...you anticipated some casulties... :(

I do think that at least a phone call is in order....It is NEVER to late...!!!

I would call him NOW..and let him KNOW..that his job is very important to you..!!!
Tell him the TRUTH...that it is BOTHERING you that, "YOU" cannot be there..."

Re-assure HIM that the crew has SPECIFiC "marching order's"..to make this job PERFECT...!

Tell him you will follow-up with HIM in the morning...!!!
Tell him that you will TRY to schedule..NEXT YEAR..So you can fly-out.."JUST FOR HIS JOB.!!"

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Bad Business.........if you already knew it was coming up and what might happen .....then you should of given the guy a heads up long time ago.......one would think that if it is your biggest job of the year then you would of stepped up and gave the guy a fair warning.......kinda help protect it....

Name
Lee Stockwell
I used to worry about that, but people liked my sons better than me (imagine that).

Now they say "don't send that old guy"....knowing darn well they are talking about the boys dear old dad.

Nobody's indispensable.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I get the customer's concern, but YOU are the business owner, right? You aren't his employee, your company is contracted to do a specific job - who you send to perform the work is up to you. Just so long as you do follow up and address any concerns I don't see the problem. Just pray your crew doesn't F it up.

I think calling ahead of time and "explaining" why you aren't there would seem like you were making excuses. You want to run a big show and not a Mom-n-pop, so why would you be there?

I never went to McDonald's and expected Ray Kroc to make my burger.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mikey P said:
Can't you hire a local retarded guy to show up with a Priority shirt on?
That's what I did!

My brother and I look nothing alike since he had a hispanish father.
He is really good with people so I have faith.

Any other job I don't tell anyone what I am doing so why start now I guess.
It's two crews that are really good too.

Harp has a point but I think I am a bit gun shy about the guy just calling it all off if he has a day or two to think about it.
Hmmm, I will think about it either way.
Any suggestions are welcomed and will be considered along with the ones already given.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I would let the job fly at this point and have you brother show up if you want. As long as your guys do a good job, then there shouldnt be any problems. thats just the way bussiness' grow.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
call and say you got sick so you sent your brother because he still lives in that area and that you have moved to grow another division of your buisness.. but assure him that he is in good hands.. do what bob would do.. hire a stripper to handle the hoses for the guys.. and have her keep him (the guy your concerned about) busy talking.. haha

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
C&S said:
call and say you got sick so you sent your brother because he still lives in that area and that you have moved to grow another division of your buisness.. but assure him that he is in good hands.. do what bob would do.. hire a stripper to handle the hoses for the guys.. and have her keep him (the guy your concerned about) busy talking.. haha

:shock:
This is an SDA School and the guy is the principal...he's not going to go for that....at least not in public. :mrgreen:

I'm just going to let my guys show up and work their magic.
I can't wait to see what happens.
I love an adventure...even the small ones.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Don't lie about it, just say nothing at all. If he gets pissed and you lose the account, then at least you may get this last cleaning out of him. If he doesn't say anything and lets if fly, then good for you.

Only tell him what's up if he forces the issue.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
admiralclean said:
Don't lie about it, just say nothing at all. If he gets pissed and you lose the account, then at least you may get this last cleaning out of him. If he doesn't say anything and lets if fly, then good for you.

Only tell him what's up if he forces the issue.

I think that's going to be the plan.

I'll get back to you by 10am pst tomorrow. lol

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Thank God! And yes I've been praying all morning.

They are cleaning it right now and everything is ok.

The heart was beating this morning...a few butterflies...Did I say Thank God yet?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom