I'm considering converting over to live solution hose on my reel

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My main concern is how often do you replace that 250-350ft of hose? Because I replace 1 section of my hose 75ft once a year. If I have to replace all that hose every year... no way

And where can I get the hardware to convert it without getting ripped off $$$

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
why in the hell you running 250ft+ of hose?

ave hose run for me is 100ft, so 110 on my live reel with 50 ft sections to add if needed
That's just more hose crimps that are unneeded. QRs are known to damage delicate flooring if not properly covered, which is just another step in our job to lose time. Hose crimps need recrimped about every 6months. The fewer, the better. And I've always had 250-300ft on a hose reel. Quicker and easier to roll up. My first two years working for someone else didn't have a solution hose reel. I had to manually roll up each 50ft hose. Pain

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
That's just more hose crimps that are unneeded. QRs are known to damage delicate flooring if not properly covered, which is just another step in our job to lose time. Hose crimps need recrimped about every 6months. The fewer, the better. And I've always had 250-300ft on a hose reel. Quicker and easier to roll up. My first two years working for someone else didn't have a solution hose reel. I had to manually roll up each 50ft hose. Pain
umm if your running 250 ft+ your already running a live reel...

unless something is being lost in translation.. ie I should be zzz but Im here 🙃

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
umm if your running 250 ft+ your already running a live reel...

unless something is being lost in translation.. ie I should be zzz but Im here 🙃
300ft in multiple 75-50ft sections that I have to disconnect from the reel and connect to the machine. I'm wanting to do away with all the crimps and QR's and just run one long 300ft. hose on the reel and have the hardware to make it a live hose always hooked up the machine.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
And the more hose crimps and QR's, there's more troubleshooting on the job when a QR fails or a crimp goes bad

Name
Jeff T
Matt, I run 250’ of line off my reel. And yes, I use anywhere from 100’— right to 500’. Average run is between 100’- 200’. Yes I replace the entire thing EVERY year, sometimes every 9 months. The heat is a killer for what is still on the reel. It cooks your hose.
I also find because I run Goodyear Neptune, I get fairly bad heat loss.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
My main concern is how often do you replace that 250-350ft of hose? Because I replace 1 section of my hose 75ft once a year. If I have to replace all that hose every year... no way

You running Ineptune or Parker ?

Parker didn't fail near as often for me as steelbraid .
I replaced it every couple/three years because it uglied out, not due to fail

nevertheless...doesn't seem so virtuous to cook 100's of feet of line not in use everyday/all day.

..L.T.A.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Matt, this is how I do it and it's not a problem. I Have two lengths of hose on my live reel. the first section is 150' then the second section (Lead line) is 100'. Normally 10 wraps around my arm is enough to do 95% of my jobs.

That reminds me, I need to rebuild my Super Swivel. It started leaking yesterday.

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
That's why I coil and hang my hose instead of putting it on a reel. My lead hose, I order 125 ft. Gives me room to cut off ends periodically when they get weak. It is so simple to pick up a coil of hose and my inline sprayer and walk into a house. I have a couple of 50 ft lengths to add to it if necessary. The longer your hose, the more heat you lose. I don't have any houses where a 120 feet doesn't get me out the door without having a hot qd on their floor.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Just don't leave it on the spool to build heat and cook your hose. It will last fine if you unspool most of it each time. So just don't stick it all on the spool, hang the extra that doesn't get used that often. Make sure that section also has a ball valve so when you need to use it, just pop it on the front end.

Rokan had a conversion kit at one time.

Reactions: Cleanworks
F

FB7777

My main concern is how often that 3ooft is replaced.
I run 125 live solution line off our Butler’s.... reason is we are primarily residential and that lengt reaches over 90% of jobs

Id suggest keeping about that much on a live reel 150 feet at most

get 2 150 sections and alternate them ,

id hate to have to replace a 300 foot line...besides most will stay coiled on the reel and ‘cook’ unless you unspool it every time

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
20201113_122416.jpg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
You running Ineptune or Parker ?

Parker didn't fail near as often for me as steelbraid .
I replaced it every couple/three years because it uglied out, not due to fail

nevertheless...doesn't seem so virtuous to cook 100's of feet of line not in use everyday/all day.

..L.T.A.
I converted over to raptor blast after @Lee Stockwell told me to

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom