Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Dave

what kind of dry times are you getting now with the 2''

what made you decide to go to the 2.5

G

Chris,

Give me a call but it's not a pitch. I just offer it and they decide.

Jim,

Dry is a subjective term. To me dry is completely dry as it was before you were there. If I was in Arizona like you I would probably not bother. I would say average dry times with 2 inch and no air path were about 4 to 8 hours. Sometimes faster and sometimes more.

I was running 4 to the door and taking the 2 hoses to 25 feet from the wand. I thought since Adam Hale kept saying how awesome the 2.5 was, I could still get awesome suction with only 1 hose in the house. I liked it so much I decided to make it 2.5 all the way so I don't have to deal with adapters.

When I do an olefin berber or polyester carpet, it is completely dry in less than an hour and nylon carpets feel just cool to the touch when I leave. You really can't feel any moisture when I leave but I don't know true dry times.

Dave

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I did the 2.5" months ago and think it was the best thing to do to unleash the power of that 6008 blower. You will be very happy with it.
4 to the door feels very close to 2.5" however you can't dual wand with it. You are changing 2 ports over right?

For people that don't want to change the tank Greenie has a neat little three 2" in and two 2.5" out. Easy fix for little money.
Tell us how well you like it.

I have changed my Boxxer over to 2.5" as well. What a difference.
I have noticed the closer to the wand you bring the 2.5" hose the more power you get. I hope Greenie will start selling 80' lengths of 2.5" so I don't have the connector.

Good luck

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mike.............

What is the manifold and how does it work......

What benefit are you going to get from it on your truck

Mikey P

Administrator
It takes the three tank ports to two 3" ports. I duel wand a lot and think it will help on longer runs to have some 2.5 coming off the tank.

It think Dave's approach or cutting the tank is over kill for a single wander.

He is going to have a hard time moving the wand on thick piles.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
OK

we have 2 connections on the outside of our trucks that each one goes to the waste tank.........

for us single wand people would it help to bring both of them together at the waste tank and pull a single hose from the 2 lines coming from the tank ????

basically pull 2 off the tank into one off the truck..........

Mikey P

Administrator
Yes.

Run your two 2 inch hoses to the the door of the customer's home then use a splitter to join them as one.

This is called running " Four to the Door".

You will notice a huge increase in suck.

Jim you need to spend less time posting pictures of road trips and more time reading details..

This trick has been the talk of the town for almost a year.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I don't pay to much attention to what is talked about...............

The red board I get tired of weeding threw the BS trying to find anything out..

the blue board................do I even need to go there.........

and this board always marks everything read so I don't know what is what

it is much easier to ask as something draws my attention...........

besides road trip pick are much more interesting.

getting ready to make a trip to Utah pretty soon and will post more for ya............

G

Adam,

I am doing the 2 ports and maybe eventually I will do the third port.

Terry,

With 2.5 inch with 2 people cleaning you use up all the cfm's of the blower. I am looking into the future. I can still run 5 to the door now to maximize.

Mike,

I have been running 2 2inch hoses into a y at the truck to 2.5 inch hose to 25 feet from the wand for the last month. I am no pus, I can handle the suction, I did have a Vortex before I had a glide. I can do more work in less time with more suction because it's so much drier. All I see are benefits and no negatives. I can't believe you won't do it. You are like me and always want to be the best and always looking for improvements.

You duel wand daily, this is a must for you. Do it the right way and don't skimp.

Dave

G

I did it. I need to clean out the truck tomorrow and put on the hoses from the waste tank to the floor. I took some pictures and I will take some more tomorrow. It took 10 hours. I'm going out to dinner with my wife and action after that because the kids are at grandmas house.

Dave

G

I think Dave meant that HE is going to get some ASS!

Am I close on this Dave?

G

Action is what we call it when the kids are not home. Resting is what we call it when the kids are home. When we rest the kids knock on our door, ask questions like can I have popcorn? That really piss us off but what are you going to do.

Chad you win the contest.

Nobody cares about how the 2.5 upgrade went?

Dave

G

Chris,

I forgot to answer your question. I dropped the truck off at the shop, washed my hands and my wife picked me up and we went to a pizza place. No new sweats. I don't care what they think. We went back to the shop so I can get my car. I went home and my wife said I never got home so quick. I usually find something to do and it takes me a half hour longer to get home. Not tonight.

Dave

Billy

Name
BH
Dave Rampage said:
Nobody cares about how the 2.5 upgrade went?

Dave

I guess if you have to you can tell us how the conversion went. I thought this was going to get interesting :(

R

R W

I checked out the new splitter manifolds at Greenglides shop today. Nice welding work. I'm going to take the Genesis out to 2 1/2 inch when I get back home.

It's hard to leave SoCal, but I won't miss the traffic!!!

G

RW,

You will think you bought a new truckmount. The suction will be unbelievable.

Dave

Bruce Parsons

I have Greenie's conversion collection box that can utilize all the 2 inch vac ports off our waste tank.

We will install it Tuesday and report back.

Dave,

You must be excited about trying out your "new" truck. Let us know with pictures and info. how you like it.

-Bruce

G

Hi Bruce,

I just got done cleaning the carpet and putting it back in. I'm glad I did the full conversion. I will find out how to post the pics and try to do it tonight.

Dave

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom