I'm Destined to Work Weekends & Holidays!

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Wife recieved a call Friday for an estimate on a rather large cleaning job. I went that after noon to measure and submited the bid around 5:45 pm. Got an email from the guy at 7:00 saying we had the job. So the only stipulation was they had to have it completed by Tuesday morning! I said S.U.R.E :lol: we can do that! So we couldn't start until 5pm on Saturday, then 5pm on Sunday, and we had all day today. We kicked some butt but was running a little behind schedule so I called my good friend Ashley McKendree for some back up support on Monday just to make sure we were done and I had a little of the day to be with the family for a birthday party and maybe a firework or two. Ashley agreed to help and showed up on time for the job this morning. I'm glad I have a fellow cleaner I can go to in situations like these. Well I was home by 4:15 today and we cleaned over 75K sf of carpet this holiday weekend!

Thanks Ashley for your help otherwise our happy butt would still be there until midnight tonight.

So much for my holiday weekkend but hey, I'm SMILING! :p

Fred Homan

What was the job worth for 75,000 sq ft? Hotwater extraction? Priced per sq ft? Much stuff to move around? I have a possibility for 90,000 sq ft. A lot of detail too. Hot water extraction. What are your thoughts for how much per sq ft?

Thanks

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Life is just to short to work on Holidays or for that matter the weekends. I might work on a saturday now and again but never holidays or Sundays.

gene

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Hey Gene, I see you've been doing this for 16 years. Maybe I could understand how you feel after 16 years, but I've only been back in it for 3 yrs. So this was a big deal for our little company. Since I had 34 years experience working all weekends and Holidays in the restaurant business it was really not that big of a deal. it was actually nice to work one and get paid for it!
Plus, I still got to set off fireworks with the family

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom