im done giving exact app times

If I tell someone 1pm sharp, but I finish previous job early, I have to sit for an hour. I need to say between 11 and 1.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It's impossible to be ontime to an exact time every time.

People understand that.

I give windows and approximate times. Decent people understand...the others I don't want as my customers.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
We are usually on time all the time.. but sometimes I say between 11:30-12:00 i give half hour windows. I dont liek to give more cause people hate waiting

Brian H

Name
Brian H
We give 2 hour windows. The early part of that time frame is based on a best scenario for the prior job. The 2 hour spread allows the crew the extra time needed when it's not a perfect situation and then they don't have to do a rush job to be on time for the next customer.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I get there when I f'n get there :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Most times I make sure i do jobs where people are there 1st, after lunch or end.....that way i can plop in vacants, or commercial stuff inbetween...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
joeynbgky said:
We are usually on time all the time.. but sometimes I say between 11:30-12:00 i give half hour windows. I dont liek to give more cause people hate waiting

so what happens if Mrs Phiff wants a piece or two of upl or additional room or area rugs cleaned??

tell 'em screw it, no can do, you'll have to reschedule??

..l.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
meAt said:
joeynbgky said:

so what happens if Mrs Phiff wants a piece or two of upl or additional room or area rugs cleaned??

..l.T.A.

Some people say yes to that Larry.....I don't get it.
The whole point of being in this business is to make money.

You never know what you'll run into until you run into it.

The "window" appts are a courtesy to both the appointment you are at AND the following appt.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Brian R said:
meAt said:
joeynbgky said:

..l.T.A.

Some people say yes to that Larry.....I don't get it.
The whole point of being in this business is to make money.

You never know what you'll run into until you run into it.

The "window" appts are a courtesy to both the appointment you are at AND the following appt.

it is not as hard as it sounds..........you have to leave your self a buffer in case they want something else done....when you make the appointment and you set the time you just tell them you may be a bit early....you still keep your 1/2 hour arrival and your never late.....they love it if your early..hate it when your late..

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Then we will call the next one and tell them we will be late. Most of the time we are still on time. We can be anywhere in this city give or take ten or fifteen minutes

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
1 hr window , almost never late.. if they want extra done we split the machine. i have actual times stored from the previous time along with other pertinent info. i always allow a little extra time for new customers.

gene

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
floorguy said:
I get there when I f'n get there :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Most times I make sure i do jobs where people are there 1st, after lunch or end.....that way i can plop in vacants, or commercial stuff inbetween...

I like your thinking!!!

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
2 hr window and my policy is every single customer get a call from the job ahead of theirs and
if it looks like you are going to be running late the guys need to call the later jobs and give them
a heads up that we will be on the later side of the appt. i dont like to waste peoples time ether
but also cant wait on them..

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
meAt said:
joeynbgky said:

..l.T.A.

Hate to say it Larry, but Yep, thats the way it is. They call and order what they want. If they decide after the fact they want to do more that their problem.

Name
Jesse
Residential work we do a 2 hour window on everything except the 1st appointment. If someone wants a firm time then they get the 1st appointment and a choice of 7, 8, or 9am.

Commercial that we don't have keys for get an exact time. Unless their 24 hour and were doing 10pm or later, in that case we just come whenever it suits us.

Becker

Name
Becker
I give appointment times.

Nearly always on time.

Typicality I have a pretty tight service area.

I will say, give or take 15 mins, otherwise I call ahead.

When I start sending a tech out I will adjust that for him or her.
I will still shot for given times, but will explain anything after 1st appointment of the day is subject to delay.

Today I had 5 stops.

I was early or on time for 4 of them. 30 mins late on the 5th, but I called way ahead when I knew I'd be running behind.

I also will pop into GPS the next job for drive times.

As for slack time between appointment, not all clients can move their day up for me. But I always have something to do. Be it banking, returning calls, lunch.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I usually start at 1 hour in the am then if booking a jobs ufher out I go to two hours. Sometime if it is two weeks out in the afternoon i do not know what the morning will bring

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Doug Cox said:
meAt said:
joeynbgky said:

..l.T.A.

Hate to say it Larry, but Yep, thats the way it is. They call and order what they want. If they decide after the fact they want to do more that their problem.

If you have money in the bank...then yeah, okay...Do what you want.
But a starving BDCC needs to get what he can where and when he can. Turning down extra money on a job isn't such a great thing.

Especially when that money is actually more money than what it would be if you came back to it.

I could probably stick to an "ontime" appt schedule but I don't see the point in the limitations.

I always call ahead 1/2 hour...and I tell the customer that when booking the appt. Everyone has cell phones so they can do what they're doing as long as they are not more than 1/2 hour away from getting home.

People are really good with that. Gives them a little freedom.

I've called ahead in the past and the customer will say something like "I might be a little later than 1/2" and I've told them I will wait as long as I know they are coming.....to a certain degree of course.

S

sam miller

8 to 10, 10 to 12, 12 to 2, 2 to 4, and 3 to 5 depending on size of stops sometimes I'll put a 7 am stop and get off early, if its vacant I'll offer to call to meet 15 min notice between a window.

The Cable guy make ya wait 8 to 12 or 12 to 5.

I think most people understand arrival times, its easier to give an exact time on the 1st stop of the day, after that is when it gets tricky unless your 1 job larry then is all moot.

not refering to meat just an example

PS guys who give a more exact time schedule 8am then 11 am then 2 pm and 5pm they get plenty of break during the day and dont hurt themselves.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
1.5-2 hour windows after the first stop of 8-9, and we always are happy to call ahead if they are leaving work etc. Whatever the customer needs , we do. We need them far more than they need us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom