I'm done with the 2.5 Cool Cuffs

Mikey P

Administrator
Not only do they not save you any time compared to a cuffless/adaptor & reducer set up, they leak air and fall apart at the swivel.

And metal reducers get so damn stuck in them I have daily tantrums over it.

next!

Cousin

Bit of stainless tube INSIDE the hose. No leaking, no pulling apart, easy to roll on the reel, looks incredibly neat.

Why did everyone stop using this idea.

M

Greenie

I got some replacement 2.5 coming in, if these have any issues this time around I know what booth to visit Joe at, heck Ken is there too, like a two for one pay up day.

To be fair, only about 10% of the users reported a totally separated cuff, most were just a "popped knuckle" on the hose reel.
Either way, if you bought a set of 2.5" coolcuffs from GreenGlides and are having issues, you are entitled to a replacement.

Cousin

Shane T said:
M, I don't think I understand, are you talking about a semi permanant connection?

Sort of, Shane

I've seen all the twist on, click on etc fittings to join 2" and 2.5" vac hoses. They're nice, but I can't see the point.

Short piece, 6" to 7", of stainless tubing fitted inside the vac hose has always done me.

It looks like there is no join, completely smooth so less damage inside the house, cost is negligible, and they NEVER break or wear out.

And if I'm going to be hanging the hose (and join) 5 stories up, 2 wraps of duct tape stop the join from ever coming apart.

And the tube bit means your hose goes on the reel much neater.

I'm all for new bits and gadgets (love em!!) but these joining cuffs? leave me cold.

M

hogjowl

Idiot™
I just had a 2 inch female cool cuff split right down the middle all the way through the cuff. It's only about 6 months old. I don't recall ever running over it, or having anything unusual happen to it. Not looking for a replacement. Heck, anything could have caused it, but I thought it odd.

Cousin

It's easy as, Heath.

I use the orange vac hose, black inside. It's spiral (inside as well as out) and a light twist against the spiral and it slides off the stainless tube.

Twist the hose the other way, it locks and you would never get it off.

I'll get some shots when I get a chance.

M

pHilh

Cousin said:
It's easy as, Heath.

I use the orange vac hose, black inside. It's spiral (inside as well as out) and a light twist against the spiral and it slides off the stainless tube.

Twist the hose the other way, it locks and you would never get it off.

I'll get some shots when I get a chance.

M

Noah ran the same set-up on the Arc?? :p

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom