I'm like 2 months ahead.....

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I'm as busy now as I would normally be 1 1/2 - 2 months from now. Damn, this is a bitch. LOL. Business hasn't picked up like this year in many years. I usuallly don't bust ass til the beginning of May or so.

TimP

I'm borderline giving up my TM......that's how bad it is for me. Had 2 jobs to day and 2 for tomorrow. So things are looking up....but these don't even scratch the surface of what I need.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I've gone deeeep in debt this winter, but things are picking up now.

TimP

Art Kelley said:

You don't know debt till you see what I owe buddy.....

I can't wait till this damn TM is paid for.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Come on, Doug, 'fess up. You know you are crawling with work due to Jon-Don asking you to be a beta-tester for MyEasyMarketing.com All those neat postcards are causing customers to beg you to clean their carpets- and almost in the middle of winter.

Island Boy
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS I remember when we were deciding where to introduce the MEM program. Big Billy Yeadon closed his eyes and threw the dart (that is how we usually make strategic decisions at Jon-Don) and it hit Alabama. But he asked Nick if he could throw again and this time Bill aimed much higher ...

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Art Kelley said:

This winter cost me 1000.00 and I could pay it back right now, so I'm a happy camper. I'm just totally surprised how things have picked up in the last few weeks. Nice start for the year.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I'm not TWO months ahead, but i AM stronger than any other March i've had!
I have 8 jobs tomorrow wit a kid that can prolly only DO six!

DON'T FORGET...the ghetto has steady income coming in.......

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Darn slow for me as well. January and February looked pretty good. I had much higher expectations for March.

TimP

I bet nobody can beat me this month I've done 190 in carpet cleaning and 150 in carpet installations. That's my month to date.....doubt anyone can beat that.

Do I win a Prize?????

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
tim sorry to hear but you need to keep positive it could be worst spring is around the corner

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Tim sorry to here that. could you aproach different carpet stores to install for?

this has helped me but still not doing great

Rex Tyus

Joel, Tim's in laws own the ONLY retail carpet store in his area. Things have taken a dive here for some reason. I have never seen it like this for this long before.
We are normally immuned to down turns. This has me perplexed.

randy

Name
Randy
I had the most amazing January EVER in 17 years, ( February was up for February which is normally dead) March is a stead slow march of small jobs, 2-3 rooms here & there. I don't understand January at all, normally it's a horrible month. I believe this year over all will be better than last but still slower than "normal".

This recession is rewriting all the rules. We are in uncharted waters and it's impossible to forecast what your actual numbers will be month to month.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Did i mention that the Ghettos have a steady income...most of which are steady gov checks.....
listen to me here guys!

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have more upholestry to clean next week then I usually do in a year! :x Not a big fan of cleaning it but money is money...

The Preacher

we're hopping right now. we do a mix of comm and residential.

i guess we better stop going to Blountstown and Marrianna!!! :p

Rex and Tim, I hope you guys get busy soon!

TimP

many people are losing jobs around here. and everyone is scared as can be due to the news.

The banks are screwing people too with land. many people around here bought beach land and turned it for a profit and I think many are being influenced by what's going on with the banks and it's scaring people.

Ernie G

I think its different, in every state, or area within a state, and also with different clientel, if that makes any sense. We have been busier then usual so far this year, and i keep waiting for it to fall apart. We will see what happens as we roll into spring, just hang in there guys.

CleanEvo

Weird... I had my best January ever, was expecting February to be slow and we had a really good month. As soon as March hits... deadsville! Like the phone just stopped ringing. I've been testing my line everyday cuase I just can't figure it out. From always doing at least two jobs a day to nothing.

It better change in April.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I don't wish to sound an alarmist tone, but if China decides it will no longer finance our debt, we could have a prolonged worldwide depression with an eventual nuclear armageddon. Hope not. From CBS:

If China Stops Lending Us Money, Look Out

Caption: Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao, who is "worried" about U.S. debt

If your boss slashes your pay, if you have no savings because you spent more than you earned for many years, and if your creditors are threatening to cut off your credit cards and home equity loan, what happens?

The answer, of course, is that you're in serious trouble. And this could be the situation for the U.S. government -- which is facing lower income tax receipts and ballooning deficits -- if China loses its appetite for extending more and more loans by buying U.S. Treasury securities.

China is the single largest foreign holder of U.S. Treasurys. The money it lends to the Feds finances our significant budget deficits. (Americans have been paying about $450 billion a year in interest on the national credit card; without that debt to pay off, personal income taxes could be almost 40 percent lower.)

But in Beijing on Friday, Premier Wen Jiabao told reporters that he was worried about the U.S. becoming something of a, well, deadbeat. "We have made a huge amount of loans to the United States. Of course we are concerned about the safety of our assets. To be honest, I'm a little bit worried," Wen said. "I would like to call on the United States to honor its words, stay a credible nation and ensure the safety of Chinese assets."

What China's premier may be worried about is the possibility of the U.S. running up so much debt -- the projected 2009 deficit is $1.75 trillion -- that it may not be able or willing to pay it back without devaluing the currency. (If that happens, hello, inflation!)

For its part, the White House tried to reassure its Chinese creditors. Spokesman Robert Gibbs said Friday afternoon: "There's no safer investment in the world than in the United States."

It's unlikely that China would dump its Treasurys; for one thing, substantial sales would depress prices of the rest of its portfolio. The Wall Street Journal suggests that the gold market isn't large enough to represent a viable option, and "it's not clear, meanwhile, that euro, or yen-denominated debt is any safer, more liquid, or profitable than U.S. debt -- key criteria for China's leadership."

But China could reduce or halt future purchases. A less ravenous appetite for Treasurys is already evident: a New York Times article in January was titled: "China Losing Taste for Debt From U.S." One reason for fewer purchases would be diversification. Another would be to divert money toward its own 4 trillion yuan ($586 billion) stimulus package.

Reduced demand for Treasurys would drive up U.S. interest rates, probably pushing down home prices even more than they've already fallen, and also could start a run on the dollar.

This is why Secretary of State Hillary Clinton pleaded with the Chinese government last month to keep the loans flowing to Washington, D.C. ("So by continuing to support American Treasury instruments, the Chinese are recognizing our interconnection.")

This is also why, at least in part, U.S. taxpayer dollars were used to bail out Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac last year. A Business Week article says that foreign bankers were worried, especially China, which owned around $376 billion of Fannie and Freddie debt. "Treasury saw foreign governments getting the willies," a Senate aide told the magazine.

Which makes the recent flap between a U.S. Navy surveillance ship and three Chinese ships (including two fishing vessels) in the South China Sea more inexplicable than usual. Given their intertwined economies, both countries need each other more than usual right now.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Dont get me going on the whole "foreign countries own us" thing....while yes i am sure they do...what they gonna do???

I mean really think about it

China "we are tired of you guys time to pay up"

US "sorry dude, we printed the last of our money last week"

China "not cool, we need to collect now"

US "ok???? what ya gonna come get??? you can have 3 of my new helicopters"

China "naw we comin for more..."

US "like what??"

China "uhhhhhh stuff"

US to the public "china is coming to colllect the debt we ran up...(yet we already pay them ass loads in commidities) but anyway what ya want to do?"

Public "SCREW-UM LET THEM COME....WE WILL BLOW THEIR ASSES OUTA THE SKY!!!!!!!"

I mean really wtf do you think would happen??

no one really wants to go the nuke route....then its all worthless anyway, and we really dont want to die...

ohhhh and O-i got lots of printer places ready-BAMA just keeps spending spending spending....what???

good thing we all think things are moving along...because in reallity we are all f#^% and i mean everyone on this planet...EVERYONE HAS OVER SPENT PERIOD......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
TimP said:
many people are losing jobs around here. and everyone is scared as can be due to the news.

The banks are screwing people too with land. many people around here bought beach land and turned it for a profit and I think many are being influenced by what's going on with the banks and it's scaring people.

Real estate is hurting real bad in most areas...so first impression is everything..off them a free 90 day touch up after the cleaning....When I did this I picked up a lot of homes....and I have only done 2 touch ups.....

Use your clients as cheerleaders.....offer them a referral or free protector...find something to give them a
reason to start spreading your name and getting you new clients...

Some people are losing there homes...Some property management companies cant keep up....get out there and talk with them....offer them fast turn a rounds... When I think I am done for the day Tia will call me and I will turn the truck around and go to where ever and knock it out...keep these people happy....there is a lot of work there..

Make yourself a note book of nice clean before and after pictures and carry it in your truck...when you talk to people let them look at it so they can see what you can do to help them out....And those are always the key words to use " Help Them Out "

Point being.....we can sit on our butt and listen to all the doom and gloom on the TV or we can get out there and make the market work for us.....It is not going to get any better anytime soon so if you want to keep your roof over your head and food on your table you need to get out there...get aggressive..and work with your market...

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
if your not busy now. Get ready for the onslaught come April 1 because it was such a tough winter plenty of people are waiting it out so that the salt and grime gets completely out

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom