I'm loving this poly carpet in my rental

Renters moved out and left the tile and carpet in bad shape.

The tile was cleaned and sealed before they moved in. I used prochem tile cleaner boosted with oxy, scrubbed, and rinsed with 1000 psi at 200ish degrees. PERFECTION.

The carpet had tons of red stains, orange drink spills, and hadn't been vacuumed probably in months. I emptied the shark 14 times on four rooms and a hallway.

Mixed a stout mixture of oxy and power strike, scrubbed with 175, rinsed with all fiber rinse. Man it is sparkling and I didn't have to break one spotter out. I took a break for a minute. Fixing to go post pad and set some fans.

It feels good to know that even if someone trashes the carpet, I can get it back relatively easy. That would not be the case with a nylon.

Pics coming later.

gary mackay

It's great to know that there are lovers of poly!

Give me a nylon any day, forgiving of those those worn traffic lanes and grease spots that everyone complains about.

I get the trashed poly's with grease & wear.

Love the very forgiving nylon's except for the STAINS that make me work

S

sam miller

I still hate the renters! Who butt scooches all over a carpet more?????

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
polyester carpet is S hit!!!
Traffic areas crush, oil and grease bond with the plastic!!
Poly carpets are nick named one and done in the apartment industry because the best cleaners in the world cannont fix the crushed traffic areas. The stain resistant nature of poly does not make up gor its downfalls.

I have cleaned thousands of poly carpets so I know what it is all about. I have seen them so bad the traffic areas simply would not come back. I have also seen numerous builders grade nylon that wears just as fast in the traffic areas. The nylon may clean easier, but a carpet with 50 orange pop and kool aid spills, taco sauce, and who knows what else that can be cleaned with a decent pre-spray, scrub and rinse to me is great. I have personally cleaned this carpet five times and each time it was trashed. This last time was real bad. The bedrooms had the majority of the stains and heavy soil, but I didn't get any pics of them. Anyways it cleaned up like new. I decided to use the rinse simply because after scrubbing I had half an inch of foam on the carpet from all the oxy I boosted with. Looks good to me.

IMAG0456.jpg

IMAG0458.jpg

I should mention I vacuumed it for an hour especially along the crevices. After emptying the vacuum over a dozen times the carpet magically looked so much better.

Tile last time was a bitch to clean. This time I still had to use a stout mixture and good scrub, but it was not stained so much that I needed an acid. To me the clear sealers suck. They don't prevent the tile from getting dirty. I will put some more down because it does make it easier to clean up.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i am not thinking the oxy made it bubble from scrubbing

i might be wrong....but me thinks its something else

The pic is hard to tell. The bedrooms were worse off and that was after I vacuumed for over an hour.

The carpet was not trashed, but there were a lot of dye stains, food spills, grease, and other stuff that came right out with prespray, scrub, and rinse.

Prespray was 1 cup power strike and 1 cup odor rescue.

supersoaker

Name
Michael Malandruccolo
I cringe every time I see a cut pile poly. I can't stand the shit. I suppose its time to get a rotovac 360 because I'm sick and tired of having to drop the wand and get out a grease spot. I'm seeing more and more of it now. I think it should be illegal, however I like that it's quite stain resistant.

I encourage my customers that don't have kids spilling stuff all over and pets urinating all over to not ever buy that junk.

I tell my customers to avoid it like the plague.

I hate cleaning it, but if it is cleaned properly it goes so much faster than a badly stained nylon.

All I am saying is when my tenants move out and leave 50 red stains, beer spills, organic stains, and just heavy soil, the carpet will clean up so much easier than a nylon. It may not be perfect, and there may be some wear patterns. So far so good. The carpet is three years old and has been cleaned five times. Each time it is pretty dirty.

I like it.

S

sam miller

I've lifted some poly pile with my rx 20 but it wasnt completely trashed either. and ya its nice when usual permanent stains steams out

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom