I'm old school...

Frank P.

I have been away from CC for some time and yes there have been many changes. Could you enlighten me a bit on what you mean by encapsulation detergents and what methods are they used? Are encaps used during HWE or is it bonnet cleaning?

I plan on attending a CC school soon to pick up on what I don't know now and refresh more of what I used to know. It has been since 1991 since I was involved in CC everyday. Air duct cleaning has been good to me over the last 5.5 years but we are leaving a lot on the table by not offering CC. A side benefit will be that we can be in our clients homes more often than once every 4-6 years cleaning their ducts.

Any help from the throbbing brain on this board would be greatly appreciated.

Frank P. :D

G

excellent-supply.com

Check out that site Frank. Rick describes it better than I will on here.

Its a stand alone cleaning system.

You'll get alot of input on this thread.. but check it out there.. there is alot to read.. and you'll better understand what is typed after my post.

rock on..

Its a commercial thing.. not made for residentials. I 'll add that.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Encapsulation cleaning started out as a new way of cleaning commercial carpet, but has evolved into use in some facet of every cleaning applicaition.

Originally, it was the introduction of a new class of cleaning detergents that crystalized around soil that was suspended in the liquid stage, and once dryed, could be vacuumed out. It was intended to be used on commercial carpets, and employed a "scrub-in-run" system of cleaning. Spray it on, scrub it in, and run to another job. Hey, don't laugh, it works.

Now a days, it can mean different things to different people. Padders call it padcapping. All it is ... is ... pad cleaning using an encapsulation detergent. HWE cleaners also have encapsulation detergents and emulsifiers intended for use with hot water extraction now, too. In this application, the "benefit" is that the residue left behind is easily vacuumed off the carpets after drying. Some say an encap rinse will prevent wicking, but I see no proof of that.

So, when you read of encapsulaton cleaning, you have to understand that it could mean a myriad of cleaning applications, but it is always taking about the detergent residue forming a crystal upon drying for easy removal with vacuuming ... no matter whether its a padder, scrub-in- run commercial cleaner, or HWE cleaner talking.

Unless, it's Larry Cobb doing the talking. Then, and only then, it's a manufacturer talking who makes an old fashion film forming shampoo and "calls it" an encapsulation product.

He gets away with that because most carpet cleaners are idiots.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
There are some links to articles on the website Steve gave you. Don't remember if it's the home page but they are in the right column.

Albert

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Marty;

DuPont chemists should credited with the development of "Encapsulation" cleaning several years ago. They did all the work for their commercial carpet cleaning division :Dupont Flooring Systems. They wanted a process that would stay clean longer than the TM HWE process they were using initially. The process worked very well when vacced on a regular basis.

We were the first manufacturer I know of, that has done the mill recognized ASTM 6540 resoiling test.

Film forming is not even close to shampoos.

DuPont started with a film forming Encap product. Bridgepoint also has a film former encap product.

If a film coating is not protecting the fiber, then the fiber will resoil much more quickly.

Larry Cobb

Mikey P

Administrator
I just saw a ad from Scots Tuff saying that they have been involved in Encapsulation technology for 40 years...

Ya think?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom