Willy P

Name
Willy P
It speaks for itself.

workerscomp.jpg

John Olson

Name
John Olson
That Machine looks like a Spitfire, wonder if that is an actuall sketch of the equipment (I would say something but it would be really really out of line)

Name
Shawn Forsythe
I agree with Chris and Bob.

The poster is not unlike the myriad of "general safety" signs you see warning us of the obvious, like don't horseplay with sharp instruments or drink unknown liquids that smell like solvent. You always wonder why they had to come up with them, and you surmise that its because someone actually went and did it.

Like John says, there are 1001 jokes that could be made from this, but I'm sure this thread was made with a measure of solemnity, so we'll refrain.

Name
Bruce
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
You'd be surprised how many people invite us to park inside the garage :shock:
So very true, I get more old guys that want me to pull into the garage in the winter months just so they can keep the cold out of the house.

John Watson

Willie, So this is why you just use portables, Aye

I know youu got lots of friends who would close your gerage door on you!!!!

Wish I could say "Only in Canadia" but It happens here in the US too.

Wait, Maybe there Canadians from Canadia working with green cards???

DUSTY

I'm betting that the cleaners had the garage door open but someone or something closed it. Still real stupid to park inside for any reason at all.

Very sad.

maker

Ron Werner said:
need to run on propane, never have that problem

PROPANE WILL HAVE THE SAME EFFECTS.

People die every year from carbon monoxide poisoning. I heard of some guys bringing there barbecue inside when it began to rain and killed there whole family. One of many stories.
I don't think it is a matter of stupidity, more like ignorance. And the effects begin with drowsiness and the lack of oxygen to the brain makes problem solving nearly impossible. So if you don't know the signs then you'll never see it coming.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If your propane is burning properly it only produces water vapor. Propane is a clean burning fuel, which is why it is often chosen to fuel indoor equipment such as fork lifts.

Go electric and stay warm in the winter!

maker

Sources of carbon monoxide in the workplace

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless gas produced by all internal combustion engines including diesel and propane-powered engines. It is also produced by burning wood, paper or plastic products and from welding when carbon dioxide shielding gas is used.

Workers can be exposed to carbon monoxide in warehouses and fruit packing facilities where propane-powered forklifts are operated. Exposure can also occur when operating equipment with small gasoline engines such as pressure washers, concrete cutters, water pumps, air compressors and generators at construction sites. CO is also produced from kerosene space heaters (salamanders), from natural gas cooking units and from propane-powered floor polishers. Outdoor use of any of this equipment is not usually hazardous, but in buildings or enclosed spaces, carbon monoxide can quickly build up to dangerous and even deadly amounts.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If propane is burning correctly it emits water vapor and carbon dioxide ( The bubbles in soda pop) not carbon monoxide.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Dave Yoakum said:
If propane is burning correctly it emits water vapor and carbon dioxide ( The bubbles in soda pop) not carbon monoxide.

This begs the question What if it's not running correctly? And how likely would the operator be to know that it's not running correctly?

I've worked in a wharehouse that had propane forklifts and they put off a smell that was definatly not water vapor. Maybe they were not running properly but if that's the case no one there knew any better.

maker

Environmental
Propane Is a Friend to the Environment

Perhaps the most important advantage of propane is that it is an extremely clean fuel. It emits minimal sulfur oxides and has ultra-low emissions of particulates, carbon monoxide, and volatile organic compounds. It also burns much cleaner than gasoline, home heating oil, and diesel fuel. Since propane emits less carbon dioxide per Btu than gasoline, residential fuel, coal, kerosene, jet fuel, and diesel fuel when burned, propane is an excellent fuel for reducing emissions of greenhouse gases. Electricity produces twice as much carbon dioxide as propane per pound of fuel burned.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Yep, I couldn't remember what it smelled like but your post reminded me. It smelled like sulfur.

Back
Top Bottom